Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ioniarics by Abigail Macfarlane (Pagefall)

Comments

• Very fun app! Exciting thinking about the many “modular” uses for this. One question...is there a way to change the MIDI channel that goes out from Ioniarics? Seems like it defaults to channel 1 but I’m not seeing a way to change that. Is there a certain way I should set/route that in AUM? Great work!

• @ehalt said:
    Very fun app! Exciting thinking about the many “modular” uses for this. One question...is there a way to change the MIDI channel that goes out from Ioniarics? Seems like it defaults to channel 1 but I’m not seeing a way to change that. Is there a certain way I should set/route that in AUM? Great work!

It should be using the input channel. So if you play notes on midi channel 2 you’ll get output on channel 2.

• Excellent, thanks!!

• Oooh this is a GOOD THING! Just delightful to explore and experiment with. Been glued to it since it appeared in the App Store this morning over here after I read about it last night.

While some sort of explanation is required - Doug's fresh new vid over on the Sound Test Room shows what's going on - but it's such a simple, fundamental device that it just hauls you along into itself . The little dial is a wonderful way to visualise the whole business. But an explanation of the name would be useful - just for closure :)

Does very interesting things when you feed Quantichord's randomised chords or the like into it ... and feed it all into a string of AU synths. They start playing different parts - duets, call and response, orchestral sweeps ... Glass and Reich in a box. Gets very "human" in fact.

Absolute keeper - instant favourite. Serious congrats to Pagefall.

• edited July 2019

@lukesleepwalker said:
    For polyrhythmic arpeggios, I don't know of any iOS AU MIDI app that replicates what this app can do. Could someone write a Mozaic script? Possibly, given the clever stuff we've seen recently. But that visualization of the rhythms on the left is really helpful when playing with the possibilities.

You can pretty easily get polyrhythmic arps in StepPolyArp by using lanes with different lengths

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Another great app from @pagefall !
    I can't wait for the transpose feature :p

• @Mayo said:
    Another great app from @pagefall !
    I can't wait for the transpose feature :p

Yup, that'll make a big difference.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

You can pretty easily get polyrhythmic arps in StepPolyArp by using lanes with different lengths

Thanks for this suggestion. Had fun playing with this setup last night.

• @walkie said:
    Next app name should start with a D so I can spell ACID in my MIDI generators/effects folder.

😂🤣😂

• edited July 2019

@Paul16 said:

@walkie said:
    Next app name should start with a D so I can spell ACID in my MIDI generators/effects folder.

😂🤣😂

need a few starting with E........No not for that, for ACEEEEEED :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Paul16 said:

@walkie said:

😂🤣😂

need a few starting with E........No not for that, for ACEEEEEED :)

I so nearly typed something similar 😁

• Heh I plugged it into ivs3 and it’s really fun. Im going to add a filter madhouse and some Eventide

• @pagefall
    Just bought about 15 minutes ago.
    Amazing job on this one.
    So creative and inspiring.

Ok. Back to playin’.

• Sorry if I missed it, but can Ioniarics send MIDI to multiple channels? Meaning, some notes in the arpeggiated chord go to one synth and others go to a different one

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Sorry if I missed it, but can Ioniarics send MIDI to multiple channels? Meaning, some notes in the arpeggiated chord go to one synth and others go to a different one

It had something like this during development but it didn’t resonate with me. But it is something I can add back in. Was interested in feedback from people who have used it

• @Mayo said:
    Another great app from @pagefall !
    I can't wait for the transpose feature

I’ll add transpose to this and Autony next week now I think. I’m thinking of adding both a transpose range (ie midi notes 0-12 for transpose) & a separate channel in the same way as Cality. Both switchable.

• edited July 2019

@pagefall said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    Sorry if I missed it, but can Ioniarics send MIDI to multiple channels? Meaning, some notes in the arpeggiated chord go to one synth and others go to a different one

It had something like this during development but it didn’t resonate with me. But it is something I can add back in. Was interested in feedback from people who have used it

ha, yeah.. I was wondering the same thing.

I'm a big fan of polyrhythms, and part of the fun is being able to discern the various rhythms (thus the poly part) I find that if a polyrhythm is played with one voice, it simply turns into a syncopated rhythm.

The ability to send the two rhythms two different channels would really make this a unique polyrhythmic device. I can set up such a thing using my squarp pyramid, or two instances of SPA, but both methods require quite a lot of fiddling to get there.
    To quickly dial it in on one Auv3, and with snapshots to boot, that would be very fun! I hope you'll consider adding the option for dual channels :)

• edited July 2019

The ability to send the two rhythms two different channels would really make this a unique polyrhythmic device. I can set up such a thing using my squarp pyramid, or two instances of SPA, but both methods require quite a lot of fiddling to get there.
    To quickly dial it in on one Auv3, and with snapshots to boot, that would be very fun! I hope you'll consider adding the option for dual channels :)

I can certainly add it in easily enough - the code is already there! just needs an option switch. Lookout for updates for all these little things on my apps next week - I'll do an update day! :-)

• @pagefall said:

I can certainly add it in easily enough - the code is already there! just needs an option switch. Lookout for updates for all these little things on my apps next week - I'll do an update day! :-)

thank you! :)

• @pagefall said:

Thanks! I held an Fadd9 chord or something of the sort in Ioniarcs and somehow thought I was missing the setting to get Resonator to play the F note and iSEM to play the other ones.

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@pagefall said:

Thanks! I held an Fadd9 chord or something of the sort in Ioniarcs and somehow thought I was missing the setting to get Resonator to play the F note and iSEM to play the other ones.

Would be fun if there was an option to cycle stuff around the separate midi channels. With different division option/lfo for when they shift.
    Maybe someone can Mozaic something like that..

You can easily do that using Polythemus. For the scale, Rozeta Scaler can do the trick. Modular modular

• @cuscolima said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@pagefall said:

Would be fun if there was an option to cycle stuff around the separate midi channels. With different division option/lfo for when they shift.
    Maybe someone can Mozaic something like that..

You can easily do that using Polythemus. For the scale, Rozeta Scaler can do the trick. Modular modular

So many options, loving it.

And excited about transpose update, will be useful in Autony as well. For that one, transposing will keep in scale? @pagefall

• And excited about transpose update, will be useful in Autony as well. For that one, transposing will keep in scale? @pagefall

do you know I can't remember how it works currently :-) it will come back when I look at the code - but I presume so!

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss, perhaps you can try this one and see if it fits your intended purpose: https://patchstorage.com/polymono-midi-router/

• @pagefall said:

Is there any chance you could make it send to two separate MIDI ports? It’d make experimenting with different instruments in AUM’s routing matrix way easier.