Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ioniarics by Abigail Macfarlane (Pagefall)

https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/ioniarics/id1473268015

Polyrythms are an essential part of music the world over but can be quite tricky to learn to play and are annoying to program on a traditional grid. Ioniarics makes it really easy to set up complex rhythmic patterns and use them to generate interesting sequences.

As with all Pagefall software a number of features allow you to push the creative side of things - probability filters and a west coast style function generator stop repetitive patterns from becoming stale.

Ioniarics provides a straight forward way to add rhythmically complex sequences to your music

«134

Comments

  • edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2019

    Here's a quick no idea what I'm doing fiddle with ion, Spectrum, and a chord frozen into Granular's buffer. It's not quality work, and I have no control over this yet, but I like it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M-uQ3MQykUtkmgfPePLoFV-1aGF9cTIb/view?usp=drivesdk

    2:00 in is where I stop going haywire and slow things down a bit.

  • edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

    @oat_phipps said:
    Here's a quick no idea what I'm doing fiddle with ion, Spectrum, and a chord frozen into Granular's buffer. It's not quality work, and I have no control over this yet, but I like it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M-uQ3MQykUtkmgfPePLoFV-1aGF9cTIb/view?usp=drivesdk

    Are there ‘sync vs instant’ options for snapshot switching?

    Haven't got that deep. Just had a go before bed when I saw it was out. It's 3:21 am where I am. Night!

  • @oat_phipps said:
    Here's a quick no idea what I'm doing fiddle with ion, Spectrum, and a chord frozen into Granular's buffer. It's not quality work, and I have no control over this yet, but I like it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M-uQ3MQykUtkmgfPePLoFV-1aGF9cTIb/view?usp=drivesdk

    2:00 in is where I stop going haywire and slow things down a bit.

    That was def worth a listen. Thanks @oat_phipps

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So bought this as I like the other products. @pagefall is there a manual that I’m missing? Anything to explain what is going on?

    Thanks

  • @Eye0sStudios said:
    So bought this as I like the other products. @pagefall is there a manual that I’m missing? Anything to explain what is going on?

    Thanks

    Just this so far

    (yes I know people like written manuals & I do intend to write one soonish )

  • For polyrhythmic arpeggios, I don't know of any iOS AU MIDI app that replicates what this app can do. Could someone write a Mozaic script? Possibly, given the clever stuff we've seen recently. But that visualization of the rhythms on the left is really helpful when playing with the possibilities.

  • @lukesleepwalker said:
    For polyrhythmic arpeggios, I don't know of any iOS AU MIDI app that replicates what this app can do. Could someone write a Mozaic script? Possibly, given the clever stuff we've seen recently. But that visualization of the rhythms on the left is really helpful when playing with the possibilities.

    Or... one could just buy the app from Pagefall and support a very creative developer. ;)

  • @pagefall Video is perfect!!!! Thanks
    !!!!

  • @Peblin said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:
    For polyrhythmic arpeggios, I don't know of any iOS AU MIDI app that replicates what this app can do. Could someone write a Mozaic script? Possibly, given the clever stuff we've seen recently. But that visualization of the rhythms on the left is really helpful when playing with the possibilities.

    Or... one could just buy the app from Pagefall and support a very creative developer. ;)

    Exactly my point. He adds value and my time is valuable so I'd rather pay him!

  • edited July 2019

    @Peblin said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:
    For polyrhythmic arpeggios, I don't know of any iOS AU MIDI app that replicates what this app can do. Could someone write a Mozaic script? Possibly, given the clever stuff we've seen recently. But that visualization of the rhythms on the left is really helpful when playing with the possibilities.

    Or... one could just buy the app from Pagefall and support a very creative developer. ;)

    Seriously!
    EDIT: Bought. Will examine soon, but it really seems like a clever little spark plug for ideas.

  • Is anyone having a problem with the snapshot buttons on the right - their not switching for me at all. I’ve added three snapshots so far but can’t switch between any of them.
    Early bug?

  • @barabajagal said:
    Is anyone having a problem with the snapshot buttons on the right - their not switching for me at all. I’ve added three snapshots so far but can’t switch between any of them.
    Early bug?

    hmm odd - they are definitely working for not just me because beta testers had them working :-) - can you send a little video and description of what you are running on etc to dev at pageful dot com please

  • @pagefall

    @pagefall said:
    hmm odd - they are definitely working for not just me because beta testers had them working :-) - can you send a little video and description of what you are running on etc to dev at pageful dot com please

    pageful dot com :smile: really?

  • @MrBlaschke said:
    @pagefall

    @pagefall said:
    hmm odd - they are definitely working for not just me because beta testers had them working :-) - can you send a little video and description of what you are running on etc to dev at pageful dot com please

    pageful dot com :smile: really?

    ha pagefall - ugh - I blame autocorrect :-)

  • hmm odd - they are definitely working for not just me because beta testers had them working :-) - can you send a little video and description of what you are running on etc to dev at pageful dot com please

    It’s fine ,don’t know what was wrong. I hadn’t saved that session in AUM so I loaded it up again and it’s working fine now
    Thanks for the speedy reply Mr. Developer....I do like your apps a lot

  • @pagefall said:

    @Eye0sStudios said:
    So bought this as I like the other products. @pagefall is there a manual that I’m missing? Anything to explain what is going on?

    Thanks

    Just this so far

    (yes I know people like written manuals & I do intend to write one soonish )

    You’re a genius.

  • @EyeOhEss said:
    £7 seems kinda high?

    Really?

  • edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Most self-effacing promotional video in the world, but also brilliant because even us at the back understood it all and now feel compelled to buy the app because (one) it looks really good, especially that store stuff/swap stuff button section, and (two) our fearless developer needs to go get some cough medicine and we feel bound to contribute etc.

    Well done.

  • edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh my...this is so cool. Try to automate A and B with different LFO (Rozeta for example)...results are surprisingly good. I have used Fugue Machine as an input but possibilities are endless...

  • edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Next app name should start with a D so I can spell ACID in my MIDI generators/effects folder.

  • Questions seem to have fallen on deaf ears but ICYMI, is there ‘sync vs instant’ option for snapshot switching? Are all gui elements automatable? Any ETA on the transpose feature?

    Interested to check this out but couple other apps on the ‘to get’ pile and trying to weigh up ;)

    I haven’t discovered if there’s a way to snap/instant but the parameters for the scenes are open as well as the rest of the GUI so I guess you could route something up that way. If you need it for something linear, I usually use Thesys to trigger things for something predetermined

  • @walkie said:
    Next app name should start with a D so I can spell ACID in my MIDI generators/effects folder.

    My hero!

  • @lukesleepwalker said:

    @walkie said:
    Next app name should start with a D so I can spell ACID in my MIDI generators/effects folder.

    My hero!

    @pagefall 's midi AU are the trippiest around, so I agree.

Sign In or Register to comment.