Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Time Machine AUv3 Plugin by 4Pockets.com

edited July 2019 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/time-machine-auv3-plugin/id1472980119

This is an AUv3 compatible plugin which can be used with your favourite DAW such as Cubasis, Auria, Meteor or GarageBand. It does not function as a standalone program.

Time Machine is a plugin that allows you to go back to the days of vinyl and tube amplification.

If you still long for those nostalgic days of warped records, worn needles, static laden, crackle ridden vinyl then this plugin is what you've been waiting for. It simulates the sound of early gramophones, radiograms, record players, through to late 80's turntables. You can either select an 'Age' or tweak individual settings to add warp, dust, scratches and good old fashion hiss to your recordings.

The tube emulation mimics the old valve driven amplification which can be overdriven to add a nice warm
tonal quality to your sound. It even allows you to add additional harmonics using the saturation knob to mimic the effect of tube amplification. It's a subtle but effective way of adding character and punch to thin sounds without changing pushing them in to the realms of distortion.

When you turn on the Vinyl emulation you can choose to emulate the needle hitting the record, while the power button smoothly fades the effect in and out.

We've all heard those great intros that sound like a blast from the past before diving into an aural onslaught. Well this might just be the tool to help lull your audience into that false sense of security!

This is one of those playful fun effects designed to add a bit of spice into your songs and inspire ideas.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    Be interested to hear if this is authentic/useful or gimmicky sounding?

Anyone jump yet? How does the warble compare to other iOS wow/flutter type options? I find RE-1 (fully wet) to be the best warble for me in iOS but I get buggy behaviour in BM3 :/
    Can you use this for ONLY warble, without it adding any sound degradation etc?

How does the vinyl sim side of it compare to

I went ahead and took the plunge. I made a very basic demo of just fiddling with the knobs mostly but tried to do the warble mostly.

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks for making/sharing :)

Seems like probably worth grabbing for different flavours than those I already have in iOS for this kind of thing. Seems pretty cool for some heavy trashing of sounds. Probably pretty fun to automate/modulate etc....You like it yeah?

Yeah I’m actually kind of liking it a good amount. I like doing a lot of lofi stuff so it’s really getting the job done. I really like the saturation on it too. The year knob seems to act like a high pass filter or something and I paired it up with Bandit and am getting some serious noise. It’ll definitely add some flavor to your stuff but I plan on using it paired with other effects but I’ll have to mess around with it more

• Thanks for the demo- I’m considering buying it now whereas I would probably have just passed on it. In particular I like it on the vocal parts.
    Cheers

• @JackDwyerburger big thanks for video! You cannot adjust the speed of the wow effect correct?

• Does sound nice, this. Anyone used klevgrand’s equivalent? I’ve been interested in this effect for a while but have ummed and arrred about it.

• Jeezy Creezy.

It seems every time I log on to the forum 4 Pockets have released another plug in.

Prolific.

• This might necessitate another app entirely, but it would be neat to have something recreate the sounds of a Victrola-like radio, with the static and especially the ring modulation type sounds those old radios had. And a bandpass filter option for that tinny sound. You could input several sound sources and dial between them with the knob. 📻

• edited July 2019

@haulin_notes said:
    This might necessitate another app entirely, but it would be neat to have something recreate the sounds of a Victrola-like radio, with the static and especially the ring modulation type sounds those old radios had. And a bandpass filter option for that tinny sound. You could input several sound sources and dial between them with the knob. 📻

Mmm, very cool. I could see a range of radio sim params being neat. Could be presets for different eras, maybe even Ham/CB etc.

• It's universal like all 4Pockets' stuff. Good enough for me. Daw LP from Klevgrand is iPad only.

• @AudioGus said:

@haulin_notes said:
    This might necessitate another app entirely, but it would be neat to have something recreate the sounds of a Victrola-like radio, with the static and especially the ring modulation type sounds those old radios had. And a bandpass filter option for that tinny sound. You could input several sound sources and dial between them with the knob. 📻

Mmm, very cool. I could see a range of radio sim params being neat. Could be presets for different eras, maybe even Ham/CB etc.

Exactly! You got it. DEVS... STEAL THIS IDEA! 😄
    Also, this may be more of a video editing thing, but could have audio uses... something that gives that “filmstrip” sound. Don’t think kids today have experience with a film projector 📽 but something like this:

But back on topic... 4pockets rules. Gotta get this one. Does it possibly do DJ scratching or a “record stopping” effect? (Other apps do that, so no big loss if not)

• @haulin_notes said:

@AudioGus said:

@haulin_notes said:

Exactly! You got it. DEVS... STEAL THIS IDEA! 😄
    Also, this may be more of a video editing thing, but could have audio uses... something that gives that “filmstrip” sound. Don’t think kids today have experience with a film projector 📽 but something like this:

But back on topic... 4pockets rules. Gotta get this one. Does it possibly do DJ scratching or a “record stopping” effect? (Other apps do that, so no big loss if not)

Sigh, olde Simpsons... :heart:

• @DCJ said:
    @JackDwyerburger big thanks for video! You cannot adjust the speed of the wow effect correct?

Yeah it didn’t seem like it, it seems to just increase the depth of it mostly. The RPM knob might be changing the speed of it though I can’t quite tell. I’m going to look and see if they made a manual for it just to try and confirm that

• I wonder which bundle this will be included in, in the near future.

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

The rpm knob adjusts the warp effect, and most likely is restricted to 33, 48, and 78 - the speeds that turntables turn(ed). With a warped record you’d get a wow whenever the needle went over the hump in a record. I’d expect it to be restricted to those three speeds, but don’t have the app (yet), so can’t confirm.

This is a nice one. I will probably never use it, but might have to get it for the novelty factor. Sounds like my high school days in the demo. 🤘

If it doesn’t have a scratched record simulator, it needs one.

• @wim said:
    The rpm knob adjusts the warp effect, and most likely is restricted to 33, 48, and 78 - the speeds that turntables turn(ed). With a warped record you’d get a wow whenever the needle went over the hump in a record. I’d expect it to be restricted to those three speeds, but don’t have the app (yet), so can’t confirm.

This is a nice one. I will probably never use it, but might have to get it for the novelty factor. Sounds like my high school days in the demo. 🤘

Remember any 16 rpm records?
    I never actually saw one, but for some reason the family record player had that option when I was wittle.

• @CracklePot said:

@wim said:

Remember any 16 rpm records?
    I never actually saw one, but for some reason the family record player had that option when I was wittle.

yes, was just about to email Paul and ask if 16 & 2/6ths revs would be an option ... i had tremendous fun as a kid playing 78rpm Handels Messiah on 16rpm on our old Garrard stereogram.. instant Zoviet France vibes!

• @wim said:

I’m too impatient to wait for an answer so I bought it :D Can confirm it works this way. I kind of assumed it was married to rpm but so many of these kinds of fx let you tweak beyond realism. Always confused as to why DAW LP has no wow factor. This fills that gap at least.

• @EyeOhEss said:

@DCJ said:

@wim said:

I’m too impatient to wait for an answer so I bought it :D Can confirm it works this way. I kind of assumed it was married to rpm but so many of these kinds of fx let you tweak beyond realism. Always confused as to why DAW LP has no wow factor. This fills that gap at least.

What’s your take on this overall? Worth grabbing even if have dawcassette and dawLP? Different vibe? you like the valve modelling?

It is a different vibe. I’d say it fills a gap with the extra controls. I’d probably use it more than DAW LP since I don’t always find that one too useful. I wish it had output control because all of the vinyl sims pull the volume down significantly especially on the older models. Can’t comment on authenticity because that doesn’t matter as much to me. Saturation sounds pretty good I’d say?

• edited July 2019

So my big question is how is: the 4 Pockets guy going to have enough time to update and add user feature requests to the 300 different apps he has released in the last Month! It seems like he’s releasing 12 new apps every 1/2 hour, they’re all great quality go-to apps, but lord help the guy as we all poor on our requests and feature suggestions.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    So my big question is how is: the 4 Pockets guy going to have enough time to update and add user feature requests to the 300 different apps he has released in the last Month! It seems like he’s releasing 12 new apps every 1/2 hour, they’re all great quality go-to apps, but lord helps the guy as we all poor on our requests and feature suggestions.

I've been hoping he'd add exs24 compatibility to chameleon...but honestly..with the number of apps he provides and the incredibly VITAL role they play. I'm willing to stop with feature requests and just enjoy what he's provided. They're quality and have helped my work flow so much. If he adds more, I'm happy, but I don't even want him to feel overwhelmed since he already provides so many products of quality.

• @wim said:

Yes, I’m in the same boat - not sure I need it, really, but I bought it anyway, for the novelty. I also temporarily convinced myself that I’ll definitely use it, without any real idea about how. Still, good to have.

• @DCJ said:

@EyeOhEss said:

It is a different vibe. I’d say it fills a gap with the extra controls. I’d probably use it more than DAW LP since I don’t always find that one too useful. I wish it had output control because all of the vinyl sims pull the volume down significantly especially on the older models. Can’t comment on authenticity because that doesn’t matter as much to me. Saturation sounds pretty good I’d say?

If you get a chance check out the saturation in JAF Collection (filters)

• I liked this one, it adds a different flavor to my (abused into oblivion) Tines > DAW Cassette tracks

• @audiblevideo said:

@DCJ said:

@EyeOhEss said:

I have it. The saturation is superb.

• @DCJ said:

@audiblevideo said:

@DCJ said:

@EyeOhEss said:

I have it. The saturation is superb.

Indeed, dig it.

• edited February 2020

Anyone owns Time Machine, Reelbus, DWA Cassette, Reamp or other “vintage/warm” sounding apps? How do (if) they compare? I am looking for a good sounding and easy to use app in this effect category.