Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget

Downloading right now - looking forward to playing with 15 new synths and drum machines in this new app.

Comments

• I was just reading a write-up about this and was going to post about...Looks like I was beat! :-) Here's the write-up I was reading:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/namm-2014-korg-unveils-gadget-synth-studio-for-ipad-591507

Looks pretty cool! :-)

• Oh no! Why do I have to be so broke right know. This looks like a must have.

• edited January 2014

Whaaat never heard of it before, was it announced at Namm?

So how does the "studio" part work? Is it similar to Caustic in that each device has a pattern based sequencer. Or is it more like Reason with a more traditional sequencer? Mixer and effects routing? And how does it sound, using the term gadgets makes it sound like it's primarily a chip tune tracker :)

Edit: ok saw the write up about all the units. But does it have a traditional mixer/effect routing kinda thing?

Good to know stuff from the press release...

• Korg claims it can run more then 20 synths (or Gadgets) on the latest hardware, quite impressive. And more if using the freeze function(!).

• "There's a roadmap for future updates that will add new gadgets and support audio tracks, further perfecting the system as a mobile music production studio. KORG Gadget will continue to evolve in support of serious mobile music-making." (Awesome, so it'll get even more toys with time!)

• "A wide range of iOS music technology is also supported, including Audiobus, AudioCopy, and WIST"

• "Even if you don't play a musical instrument, no worries! Each synth offers a keyboard featuring a Scale function that makes it impossible to play wrong notes" (Scales yay!)

• Caustic3 was the first thing that came to my mind in fact. The question is would I use it enough to warrant 30 bucks? Caustic3 is powerful . Caustic 3 has no audiobus but I do not see it mentioned for this however they mentioned some planned updates for importing audio tracks and more machines. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

• I was going to splash put on cubasis and turnado this weekend and now this pops out. WTF!! I'll be broke again before I know it.

• May well get this puppy instead of cubasis and use it with turnado in fx slot and bm2 on the output. Bye bye daylight. (:

• Wow, 25% off, so this app is gonna cost 120 bucks? Damn

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum ." (bubblegum= Itunes credits)

• Well, its not only about money for me! How will this fit in my current workflow?!

• @Greg said:

Wow, 25% off, so this app is gonna cost 120 bucks? Damn

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum ." (bubblegum= Itunes credits)

Check your maths.

• The regular price will be 36 bucks or so by my calculations, not $120

• edited January 2014

@PaulB said:

Check your maths.

Oh I see, Yes I suck at math!
    I thought 25% from the original price.

• Just read the write up. This sounds like caustic killer with audiobus support out of the box. With audiobus 2 it is either going to be amazing or an ipad killer with air's ram splattered all over the shop.

• I so don't need this.....but you've got to love Korg :)

I suppose the Apps about the price of a monotron!

• Yes, caustic runs flawlessly even on my ipad mini , multiple machines , no stutters, no sputters just great sound. I missed the audiobus thing about gadget though. Where did you see that , the video?

• edited January 2014

I wouldn't call it a Caustic killer. :) Caustic looks like it has the more traditional mixer/effects routing part, and a more familiar/traditional looking sequencer. Whereas Gadgets seems a bit more "fragmented" (could be totally wrong here tho, haven't tried it yet so). P Plus, Caustic is only around 1/4 of the price, and is also universal so it'll fit inside your pocket. I think there's plenty room for apps that are similar on the AppStore.

@Tritonman2 The press release mentioned AB support

• It's a killer
    Well done korg....easy easy easy to slap bits together...no fanny-ing around with ui..
    And that sound...that korg sound:)

Wouldn't hang around.get it and have fun

• Korg's web sight says it works with others bud Ipad mini w/retna , ipad4 or air for best performance. It sounds like a resource hog then... I will save my money for now....

• @Tritonman2 said:

Yes, caustic runs flawlessly even on my ipad mini , multiple machines , no stutters, no sputters just great sound. I missed the audiobus thing about gadget though. Where did you see that , the video?

You're freaking me out! Did I see it? I think it was at the end of the write up audio junkie posted on the top of the thread. I better go and re check myself

• Yep, it is totally double decker ready

• @Skipp said:

I so don't need this.....but you've got to love Korg :)

I suppose the Apps about the price of a monotron!

I've got the Korg iElectribe. I love the sound, but the editability is not really my thing. You think this app is similar?

• edited January 2014

Yes it is audiobus compatible but does sound like a resource gulper.... and money gulper too lol..

• edited January 2014

Mee Zanook's performance on this thing

• Looks nice, but...keeping my mind cold, it's the price of Caustic + Electrify NXT, so I don't think so by the moment.

• @ChrisG said:

I wouldn't call it a Caustic killer. :) Caustic looks like it has the more traditional mixer/effects routing part, and a more familiar/traditional looking sequencer. Whereas Gadgets seems a bit more "fragmented" (could be totally wrong here tho, haven't tried it yet so). P Plus, Caustic is only around 1/4 of the price, and is also universal so it'll fit inside your pocket. I think there's plenty room for apps that are similar on the AppStore.

@Tritonman2 The press release mentioned AB support

I just said that cause I got very excited about caustic until it all got really fiddly in song mode. And the vocoder bit is a bit awkward to use. The sound, mmmm I rather have standalone synths but clearly that's what makes it so light on the CPU.

• ...buuuut after see this video....I'm tempted again :)

• Does not show up in any AudioBus slots.

• 5 tracks on ipad 2. Portrait mode only.

• This shit is sweet. It may even come with variable loop length. I may be asking too much :)