Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TB Equalizer by ToneBoosters. (Updated with support for iPhone)

Comments

• edited July 2019

I just bought it and messed around with it for half an hour. It’s an awesome plugin!
    Another top dev landing on the iPad, I believe IOS is finally taking off as a music platform, we’re living very exciting times.

• I'm a little shocked by the pricing strategy. This sells for $50 on the desktop and Fab Filter
    set a new bar for the good stuff. I don't really need it but there are more plug-ins where this one came from that could follow if this is pays off:

Barricade 3
    DeEsser 3
    Gate 3
    Reverb 3
    Compressor 3
    Ferox 3
    BusCompressor 3
    Dither 3
    EBULoudness 3
    Evoke 3
    FlX 3
    Isone 3
    ReelBus 3
    Sibalance 3
    VoicePitcher 3

I think I want the Ferox 3 (Ferrous Oxide is the coating on magnetic tape) for some gentle saturation
    effect for example. Of course, with many options come bundles. I welcome another solid plug-in vendor with "thoughtful" pricing for IOS. If they sell 7 times as much as the desktops then it makes sense to sell low and make it up with volume.

• Reelbus4 is my favourite

• @craftycurate said:
    Does anyone know if this is equivalent to the TB Equalizer 4 desktop plugin? I can’t find a manual for Equaliser iPad, only Equaliser 4. Clicking the in-app logo opens up a master manual PDF that covers all plugins but no specific iPad reference I can see.

This is a 1:1 with the desktop, same manual applies.

• @DCJ said:
    I’m going to say it....I don’t think Fab Filter Pro Q3 has any significant advantage over this. Brand name and pretty visuals. Unless you really feel like you need 24 bands instead of 16? Or spectrum grab? The difference for the price though?

There is definitely no advantage in regards to sound.

Is it as ‘surgical’? I don’t have either pro q or this yet but everyone talks about how good Pro q is for surgical cuts. Does toneboosters allow you to cut a super narrow band? (If that’s what surgical even means?)

• Not sure I need it right now but I will buy it to encourage the developer to invest in porting his plugins to iOS.

• edited July 2019

Loving it already!

Just running through presets while running gadget’s master through it makes a massive difference. Can’t tell exactly what I’m doing but feels like I’m driving a Rolls.

As a side note I’ve just accidentally discovered a bug in gadget. The audio track in rosario goes out of sync with the rest of the gadget’s mix when plugging and replugging auv3’s in Audiobus. It gets back in sync at the beginning of the bar. Weirdness!

• edited July 2019

@gregsmith said:

@DCJ said:
    I’m going to say it....I don’t think Fab Filter Pro Q3 has any significant advantage over this. Brand name and pretty visuals. Unless you really feel like you need 24 bands instead of 16? Or spectrum grab? The difference for the price though?

Is it as ‘surgical’? I don’t have either pro q or this yet but everyone talks about how good Pro q is for surgical cuts. Does toneboosters allow you to cut a super narrow band? (If that’s what surgical even means?)

I guess 16 vs 24 bands makes it less ‘surgical’ but can’t tell for sure I’m not a surgeon, more of a butcher like ;)

• edited July 2019

I would consider every eq on iOS surgical, other than ddmf 6144. They are all meant to be clean, transparent sounding.
    Most of them are your average surgeons, some are heart surgeons (narrow bands, sharp HP, LP filters) and few brain surgeons (+ minimal phase, linear phase eqs)

• edited July 2019

there’s LOTS to love about this one... the high and low shelves have a B setting which is a Pultec emulation, with that and the dynamic EQ facility it makes it a must have for anyone that wanted Klevgr’s GoTo EQ but didn’t want to pay £20 .. except this has Spectrum analyser, mid/side, tube gain saturation, no latency and HQ settings .. for the price it is an absolute bargain... I can only presume they have put it out at this price as a kind of ‘loss leader’ demonstration so people will want any upcoming au’s they port... I know I will...
    i’m almost tempted to grab the native ones in Audio Evolution just to demo them ( they are £1.99 each!! crazy )

• edited July 2019

@DCJ said:

Yah Toneboosters have fantastic DSP whatchamazooey and they are my desktop goto. For me the visuals of proQ3 though are not so much about just being ‘pretty’ as they are about being very informative and useful for quickly dialling in, particularly for when mixing in a noisy environment, which given the mobile/commute thing is most often for me. The price difference for sure is amazing though.

I do imagine there could be an update on this one with a waveform visualization at some point...?

• edited July 2019

@AudioGus said:

@DCJ said:

Yah Toneboosters have fantastic DSP whatchamazooey and they are my desktop goto. For me the visuals of proQ3 though are not so much about just being ‘pretty’ as they are about being very informative and useful for quickly dialling in, particularly for when mixing in a noisy environment, which given the mobile/commute thing is most often for me. The price difference for sure is amazing though.

I do imagine there could be an update on this one with a waveform visualization at some point...?

In context of an eq what would you use the waveform for?

Edit: or do you mean spectrum analyser? ( I understand that's included)

• edited July 2019

@recccp said:

@AudioGus said:

@DCJ said:

Yah the spectrum analyser. They have one? That was the sasquatch of AU EQs forever on iOS and they dont put it on the screenshots?

• @AudioGus said:

@recccp said:

@AudioGus said:

@DCJ said:

Yah the spectrum analyser. They have one? That was the sasquatch of AU EQs forever on iOS and they dont put it on the screenshots?

Yep, according to description...

• edited July 2019

@recccp said:

@AudioGus said:

@recccp said:

@AudioGus said:

@DCJ said:

Yep, according to description...

sunnuvagun, I gotta learn to read. Damn, wish this came out a month ago, i would have money for Blackhole now heh

Yah they really need to put it on the screenshots. First thing I thought was ‘oh nice, but another AU EQ without a waveform thingy.’

• @AudioGus said:

sunnuvagun, I gotta learn to read. Damn, wish this came out a month ago, i would have money for Blackhole now heh

Precisely why I’m not buying any of them. Have a feeling the quality big name/quality iOS app windfall is just beginning. Besides, I haven’t even gone thru everything I got last Black Friday sale. Appaholism cured for now due to overstock.lol. What a time! Think I’ll continue to wait and watch the dust settle.

• Someone really needs to do a decent YouTube video on this EQ so that everyone can see what calibre of tool we are talking about here.

You could call this Pro-Q3 with an 80% discount
    ...and that would still be an understatement.

• Who am I kidding this shit cost less than a latte! Gotta have it 😩🤦🏽‍♂️

• @WillieNegus said:

@AudioGus said:

Precisely why I’m not buying any of them. Have a feeling the quality big name/quality iOS app windfall is just beginning. Besides, I haven’t even gone thru everything I got last Black Friday sale. Appaholism cured for now due to overstock.lol. What a time! Think I’ll continue to wait and watch the dust settle.

Wow, they really could have cut Fab off at the pass. Still glad I got Pro L and R though for the current project. Every second counts!

• @AudioGus said:

@WillieNegus said:

@AudioGus said:

Wow, they really could have cut Fab off at the pass. Still glad I got Pro L and R though for the current project. Every second counts!

True. You can’t regret something like FF anyways.

• edited July 2019

Apart from the user friendly pricing, I really like this multipurpose approach from TB.
    This one is a super flexible eq/multiband compressor, and hopefully soon enough comes barricade 4 for the rest of the comp/limiter needs...

That's like 4 FF effects covered for the price of half, it almost feels rude to enjoy

• @recccp said:
    Apart from the user friendly pricing, I really like this multipurpose approach from TB.
    This one is a super flexible eq/multiband compressor, and hopefully soon enough comes barricade 4 for the rest of the comp/limiter needs...

Agreed. Something 4pockets is also doing a great job of these days. We’re spoiled. What is abundantly clear is that iPad music production is no longer a secret or just for hobbyists. It is being taken seriously by all of the right serious people now.

• I think they are V3 in AEM, this is V4, the V4s are an entirely different ethos, a lot of the plugins got combined functionality and the usability has gone through the roof, and so has the optomisation.

Also keep in mind that a bunch of the additions in Q3 came about because they were in TB EQ4.

• @craftycurate said:
    Does anyone know if this is equivalent to the TB Equalizer 4 desktop plugin? I can’t find a manual for Equaliser iPad, only Equaliser 4. Clicking the in-app logo opens up a master manual PDF that covers all plugins but no specific iPad reference I can see.

Yes the website says it’s based on EQ4

• edited July 2019

Just put this on a difficult synth and fixed it straight away. It’s so smooth. This is a seriously good eq.

• I would have ended up getting the FF bundle anyway. No harm having two of the best EQs on iOS! Nice problem to have. 🙂

• @gregsmith said:

@DCJ said:

The bands can be made just as narrow so I would say yes it is every bit as surgical is Pro Q3.

• @DCJ said:

@gregsmith said:

@DCJ said:

The bands can be made just as narrow so I would say yes it is every bit as surgical is Pro Q3.

You would need to compare the resulting audio in a blind test to know.

Identical "on-paper" specs of filters (analog or digital) rarely result in identical output.

• edited July 2019

Just hoping they go universal! That would be another point on FF. I’ll use the 4pockets one whilst the dust settles.

Edit: just tried contacting them to ask if they’re planning universal, but can’t use the form on their site without an order number. Can someone that’s bought this already contact them please?

• @Rodolfo said:
    I just bought it and messed around with it for half an hour. It’s an awesome plugin!
    Another top dev landing on the iPad, I believe IOS is finally taking off as a music platform, we’re living very exciting times.

Very true and it will bring along a lot of new users to the platform... More Videos, please.