Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Where are all the AU Phasers??

So we have endless delays, reverbs, filters, choruses, compressors etc.
But I can only find one AU Phaser - that by 4Pockets.
Can anyone recommend any? There doesn’t seem to be much mention of phasers coming up in searches.
To be precise I am looking for that chewy 70s MXR Phase 90/EHX Small Stone type phasing, if possible!

Comments

• Got that. Can’t make it sound anything like an old analog phaser though!

• edited July 2019

Maybe PhaseThree by Audio Damage? It's supposed to be a detailed model of the MuTron Bi-Phase.

• Yes I just noticed that, it does look v good but unfortunately it’s a 12 stage phaser which is not the sound I’m after (the Phase 90 and its ilk are 4 stage).

• from the description - 12-stage phaser option for each channel, in addition to the original 6-stage phasers.. Yeah, probably still not the MXR Phase 90 sound (with a slow rate) which is amazing especially on guitar - clean or distorted.

• edited July 2019

Phase Three is where it's at. Great app...

I've got a Phase 90 if you wanna borrow it. 😉

• edited July 2019

@Daveypoo Do you think it can do the slow Phase 90 thang for guitar à la Jimmy Page or Rhodes piano à la Donald Fagen? I'm curious because I don't own it.. YET..

Yeah, I've got the actual pedal too.. unparalleled sound and instantaneous IF you have one :) It's always on the pedal-board.

• There is a phaser hiding out in Modley by Klevgrand.
    You can set the number of stages from 1-8.

If @Daveypoo has Modley, maybe he could tell if it can sound close to a Phase 90.
    I don’t have one handy to compare.

• Audio Damage makes a great phaser. I like that one.

• @TimRussell said:
    Yes I just noticed that, it does look v good but unfortunately it’s a 12 stage phaser which is not the sound I’m after (the Phase 90 and its ilk are 4 stage).

Try it. Phase Three certainly does, you just have to turn the knobs and use your ears to set them right.
    The MuTron Bi Phase has a very similar circuit as the MXR 90 but it can do more advanced fx as well.

• Thanks might have to go for Phase Three.
    @Daveypoo I’m sorted for actual physical phaser pedals, but thanks anyway!

• @CracklePot said:
    If @Daveypoo has Modley, maybe he could tell if it can sound close to a Phase 90.

Unfortunately I don't have Modley - I've got too many delays already. But maybe a comparison between the Phase 90 and Phase Three would be fun...

• @Daveypoo said:

@CracklePot said:

Unfortunately I don't have Modley - I've got too many delays already. But maybe a comparison between the Phase 90 and Phase Three would be fun...

It's SO worth it!

• edited July 2019

The phaser pedals inside tonestack sound really good.
    The emulate mxr phasers and more.
    You should try them.

• Ah yes just noticed I have a Phase 90 in ToneStack. It’s IAA which is less handy but will probably do the trick.

• Have to agree with @flo26 on this one..
    Did a little listening test last night with some of the Phasers that i do have - using:
    -Guitar - straight clean + with amp simulation (clean + crunch)
    -Rhodes + Wurlies from Pure Synth Platinum (internal fx bypassed)

Yonac's Phase π 2 pedal on the 74 or 78 mode kicks butt! His Phased 'N Confuzed pedal is also smokin'. Tried Bias FX's Orange phaser - Modley's - Stark's.. compared to Yonac's.. they were just.. not as FULL sounding - and I'm not knocking any of the other apps - I use them all for different reasons.. there was a fullness right away with the Tonestack pedals.. can't speak for PhaseThree (don't have it + maybe don't need it). Tonestack has what you're looking for RIGHT NOW. - I know, NOT AU - BUT - To my ears, there's only 1 choice.. well probably 2 but they're both from Yonac.

• @royor said:
    Have to agree with @flo26 on this one..
    Did a little listening test last night with some of the Phasers that i do have - using:
    -Guitar - straight clean + with amp simulation (clean + crunch)
    -Rhodes + Wurlies from Pure Synth Platinum (internal fx bypassed)

Yonac's Phase π 2 pedal on the 74 or 78 mode kicks butt! His Phased 'N Confuzed pedal is also smokin'. Tried Bias FX's Orange phaser - Modley's - Stark's.. compared to Yonac's.. they were just.. not as FULL sounding - and I'm not knocking any of the other apps - I use them all for different reasons.. there was a fullness right away with the Tonestack pedals.. can't speak for PhaseThree (don't have it + maybe don't need it). Tonestack has what you're looking for RIGHT NOW. - I know, NOT AU - BUT - To my ears, there's only 1 choice.. well probably 2 but they're both from Yonac.

Cool!
    I bought the right one!

Oh wait, I have most of those!
    Dab-nabbit!

• Try the free Phase 100 in Amplitube.

• phlox phaser?