Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG Vs. AUv3 Support, A Never Ending Story?

Comments

• @ioue Recife and Gladstone as auv3 por favor ☺️

• @realdawei said:
    @ioue Recife and Gladstone as auv3 por favor ☺️

I'd say BIlbao as an AUv3 with access to the samples from London, Amsterdam Recife & Gladstone :)
    (ie. add a 'tab' for samples from each sample based Gadget in the sample selection pop up).

• edited August 2019

I think part of the problem is that what is needed is really something like the Gadget Plugin Collection, like what they offer for desktop. But I’m not sure Korg can find a way to effectively market and distribute something like that within the current strictures of Apple’s iOS store platform.

• @reasOne said:
    Ultimately two things that would make korg gadget many times better..
    1 . Extend 16 bar limit to at least 48

Change the time signature to 8/4 this will turn a 16 bar loop into a 32 bar loop. It's really long. If you half the tempo and use 32nd notes instead of 16th notes it's even twice as long.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@reasOne said:

Change the time signature to 8/4 this will turn a 16 bar loop into a 32 bar loop. It's really long. If you half the tempo and use 32nd notes instead of 16th notes it's even twice as long.

Thank you!

I’ve been having some success with drones in gadget working at 20bpm but even better w your tip.

Kiev is cool to play with for this, I wish I could add my own samples in it (would be ridiculously good!) but that’s been said before...

• @reasOne said:
    Even if korg made its own effects we could buy and load up in gadget, that would be sweet.
    I love gadget, use it daily, but I gotta say the effects it comes with are more standard, everyday effects and nothing like they could be.

I do most of my sequencing for Gadget in Xequence 2 now, so no more limits for me. B)

1. Allow for aufx to be inserted... Even if those effects need to be new korg effects... Bigger reverbs with shimmer even... The FB reverb dosent really sound good imo... We could use much better delays, and pitch shifting. The grain shift is a good one, I use that a lot.

If Korg added support for multiple Audiobus/IAA outputs, we'd be free of this too.

the workflow for create songs in gadget is pretty damn perfect tho, as is the over all design... I'm happy with the synths, not that I'm against it supporting auv3, but I can get by, but we deff need better effects.

I struggle with song structuring a bit in Gadget. It's great for generating ideas, but then arranging those ideas into something longer gets a little cumbersome. Manageable though. No complaints - I love gadget!

• @maxwellhouser said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@reasOne said:

Thank you!

I’ve been having some success with drones in gadget working at 20bpm but even better w your tip.

Kiev is cool to play with for this, I wish I could add my own samples in it (would be ridiculously good!) but that’s been said before...

I think a linear daw with a more powerful sampler would be best for you. Might I suggest NS2?

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@reasOne said:

Dang! Good tip man

• @LucidMusicInc said:

I think a linear daw with a more powerful sampler would be best for you. Might I suggest NS2?

No :)

• @wim said:

@reasOne said:
    Even if korg made its own effects we could buy and load up in gadget, that would be sweet.
    I love gadget, use it daily, but I gotta say the effects it comes with are more standard, everyday effects and nothing like they could be.

I do most of my sequencing for Gadget in Xequence 2 now, so no more limits for me. B)

1. Allow for aufx to be inserted... Even if those effects need to be new korg effects... Bigger reverbs with shimmer even... The FB reverb dosent really sound good imo... We could use much better delays, and pitch shifting. The grain shift is a good one, I use that a lot.

If Korg added support for multiple Audiobus/IAA outputs, we'd be free of this too.

the workflow for create songs in gadget is pretty damn perfect tho, as is the over all design... I'm happy with the synths, not that I'm against it supporting auv3, but I can get by, but we deff need better effects.

I struggle with song structuring a bit in Gadget. It's great for generating ideas, but then arranging those ideas into something longer gets a little cumbersome. Manageable though. No complaints - I love gadget!

Xequence and gadget is a great combo !
    Both are just great in general... Personally I use gadget to escape the multi app " hassle " or for a more positive term, "juggle" haha.
    When I get into Aum and ab land I'm totally cool with bringing all the things out to play.... Sequencers. X2 , modstep, the endless list.... But deff love gadget for just being that all in one thing that is simple and pure and plain. There's things I'd love to see them open up, but hey that's never gonna change in any set up unless bit or Ableton come to ios.
    The song structuring is like a great combo of linear / clip based production, so for my brain it works, I suck at laying out long linear sequences and prefer clips, somehow gadget has blended those into one and I dig it, launching clips from any sequence freely and independent would-be great tho for live play, but that function button is my friend and copy paste is soooooo simple.

• @maxwellhouser said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

No :)

I knew you were going to say that :D

• Gadget is lighting fast for generating usable ideas, the presets, fx, and the layouts just click immediately for me. I do struggle with arrangement too, because it's a bit of a slog with the copying and pasting. The linear layout is a little better for things like long evolving automation. Getting a birds eye overview is impossible as well. If they shrank the cells down to little rectangles instead of big squares that would be better for me but then you've got to take into consideration the iPhone and Switch users. When I use Gadget I don't come in with the expectations of an all in one DAW. To me it's a groovebox like the Electribe, like the Roland MC303/808/909 etc. These machines have a slow workflow when it comes to song arrangement, but the patience put into it can pay off if you stick with it. Maybe Korg needs to update their controllers a bit. There's the Taktiles but they aren't yet Bluetooth MIDI, if they ever do get that, which they really ought to, Gadget users would have a more complete all in one set of tools.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Gadget is lighting fast for generating usable ideas, the presets, fx, and the layouts just click immediately for me. I do struggle with arrangement too, because it's a bit of a slog with the copying and pasting. The linear layout is a little better for things like long evolving automation. Getting a birds eye overview is impossible as well. If they shrank the cells down to little rectangles instead of big squares that would be better for me but then you've got to take into consideration the iPhone and Switch users. When I use Gadget I don't come in with the expectations of an all in one DAW. To me it's a groovebox like the Electribe, like the Roland MC303/808/909 etc. These machines have a slow workflow when it comes to song arrangement, but the patience put into it can pay off if you stick with it. Maybe Korg needs to update their controllers a bit. There's the Taktiles but they aren't yet Bluetooth MIDI, if they ever do get that, which they really ought to, Gadget users would have a more complete all in one set of tools.

Gadget is a very powerful & reliable sequencer. Very quick and (mostly) painless automation. Only having one app to worry about is nice. I own Cubasis and many other apps and auv3 as well. I use gadget/iPad/iPhone when I’m not in studio and have finished many tracks almost entirely on it. Being able to get out my phone, open ONE APP and sequence a melody or idea is amazing. Then I can open in my iPad later and work on it. Everything ends up in Pro Tools sessions later anyways so I can mix without a panic attack...

• @maxwellhouser said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Gadget is lighting fast for generating usable ideas, the presets, fx, and the layouts just click immediately for me. I do struggle with arrangement too, because it's a bit of a slog with the copying and pasting. The linear layout is a little better for things like long evolving automation. Getting a birds eye overview is impossible as well. If they shrank the cells down to little rectangles instead of big squares that would be better for me but then you've got to take into consideration the iPhone and Switch users. When I use Gadget I don't come in with the expectations of an all in one DAW. To me it's a groovebox like the Electribe, like the Roland MC303/808/909 etc. These machines have a slow workflow when it comes to song arrangement, but the patience put into it can pay off if you stick with it. Maybe Korg needs to update their controllers a bit. There's the Taktiles but they aren't yet Bluetooth MIDI, if they ever do get that, which they really ought to, Gadget users would have a more complete all in one set of tools.

Gadget is a very powerful & reliable sequencer. Very quick and (mostly) painless automation. Only having one app to worry about is nice. I own Cubasis and many other apps and auv3 as well. I use gadget/iPad/iPhone when I’m not in studio and have finished many tracks almost entirely on it. Being able to get out my phone, open ONE APP and sequence a melody or idea is amazing. Then I can open in my iPad later and work on it. Everything ends up in Pro Tools sessions later anyways so I can mix without a panic attack...

All I'm saying is if you're working with little scenes, the bits where one scene ends and another begins can get messy and you can't do things like initialising the entire track automation, you have to do it scene by scene. I like scenes a lot, but I can totally sympathise with the people driven crazy by them.

All I'm saying is if you're working with little scenes, the bits where one scene ends and another begins can get messy and you can't do things like initialising the entire track automation, you have to do it scene by scene. I like scenes a lot, but I can totally sympathise with the people driven crazy by them.

Yes! That is annoying especially when you have legato going on into the next scene but like I said, My songs are all going to pro tools, exporting the midi from gadget and using the gadget aax plugins or different synths like Uhe Repro.

I believe in a few years the kinks with the Auv3 situation and all these convoluted 19 app setups will be worked out. I mostly use gadget for now. I do love to make crazy sounds with others apps and import into gadget or save for pro tools. (Borderlands! To name one)

• @Samu said:

@realdawei said:
    @ioue Recife and Gladstone as auv3 por favor ☺️

I'd say BIlbao as an AUv3 with access to the samples from London, Amsterdam Recife & Gladstone :)
    (ie. add a 'tab' for samples from each sample based Gadget in the sample selection pop up).

I find the different drum interfaces to be enchanting and quite delightful to use, it’s all part of the experience. So I’d prefer separate auv3’s for each. They are all simply beautiful. KORG should port All of these to auv3 “for the culture” 😁.

And there’s practically zero Auv3 drum samplers and entirely too much ‘ya don’t need that, use IAA beotch’ 🤨😤☺️

• @realdawei said:

And there’s practically zero Auv3 drum samplers and entirely too much ‘ya don’t need that, use IAA beotch’ 🤨😤☺️

I recently re-installed BeatHawk and got a bunch more sound packs and it actually works pretty well an AUv3!

So I'd say, bake all the 'Drum Gadgets' (Synthesis & Samples) into one 'MDM AUv3 Gadget ' (Modular Drum Module AUv3 Gadget) as I'd be using external apps to trigger the sounds anyway ;)

• edited August 2019

@Samu said:

I recently re-installed BeatHawk and got a bunch more sound packs and it actually works pretty well an AUv3!

I still have PTSD from trying to get BeatHawk AUv3 stable...I was also on early beta and gave 1.23 million bug reports — that thing just couldn’t be tamed. If you say it’s reliable now I might give it another go.

However it like most AUv3 is on the Borderline hideous side. KORG instrument GUI are beautiful as well as sonically exquisite 😍

• @realdawei said:

@Samu said:

I still have PTSD from trying to get BeatHawk AUv3 stable...I was also on early beta and gave 1.23 million bug reports — that thing just couldn’t be tamed. If you say it’s reliable now I might give it another go.

However it like most AUv3 is on the Borderline hideous side. KORG instrument GUI are beautiful as well as sonically exquisite 😍

I find BH to be stable as an AU

• @espiegel123 said:

@realdawei said:

@Samu said:

Multiple instances?

• @realdawei said:

@Samu said:

Have to agree with you. Just could not 'get on' with Beathawk yet Gadget just works for me. I've returned to it and am loving it more than ever.

• @realdawei said:

@espiegel123 said:

@realdawei said:

@Samu said:

Multiple instances?

Yes. But it is rare that I need more than 16 multisampled instruments at once.

• I entered this topic because I wanted to record iMono/Poly!
    Seems there is no way to use it in Cubasis 2 for it is not listed as AUv3 or IAA.

I don’t use Gadget anymore since I lost all my projects due an iPad/iCoud storage switch and some months without updates for my nanoKey Studio and nanoKontrol Studio (ios 13).

So I would like all Korg standalone synths to be used as AUv3 in Cubase and AUM (I have 7 Korg soft instruments that I hardly touch due compatibility issues).

I’m very glad Korg updated iPolysix and iMS-20 recently!
    Seeing Electribe Wave being updated for AUv3 use, I have hope that other instruments will follow!

Cheers

• edited December 2019

@MarcelX said:
    I entered this topic because I wanted to record iMono/Poly!
    Seems there is no way to use it in Cubasis 2 for it is not listed as AUv3 or IAA.

I don’t use Gadget anymore since I lost all my projects due an iPad/iCoud storage switch and some months without updates for my nanoKey Studio and nanoKontrol Studio (ios 13).

So I would like all Korg standalone synths to be used as AUv3 in Cubase and AUM (I have 7 Korg soft instruments that I hardly touch due compatibility issues).

I’m very glad Korg updated iPolysix and iMS-20 recently!
    Seeing Electribe Wave being updated for AUv3 use, I have hope that other instruments will follow!

Cheers

It’s very easy to use iMono/Poly in Cubasis 2. I just made this quick video showing how. (I forgot to turn off the Cubasis piano sound in the midi track, so you’ll hear both it and the monopoly, but you get the idea .. on the midi track just set the instrument to none so your only playing the monopoly )

• I really do need to learn how to use Gadget. Have tried many times but I can’t get my head around it.

• @cyberheater said:
    I really do need to learn how to use Gadget. Have tried many times but I can’t get my head around it.

Don’t feel bad .. your not alone lol. If you come from a traditional DAW background the whole thing is just bassackwards and sideways to what our brains are used to. I managed to get a whole song done in Gadget but it took me about four times as long as just doing the same thing in a Cubasis. Korg REALLY need to get their synths working as AUV3’s, it’s not that hard to get em working in Cubasis right now as I demonstrated in my video above, but with no state saving you gotta print them to audio then make a note what patch and adjustments you made .. a pain .. but workable.

• @cloudswimmer said:

@cyberheater said:
    I really do need to learn how to use Gadget. Have tried many times but I can’t get my head around it.

Don’t feel bad .. your not alone lol. If you come from a traditional DAW background the whole thing is just bassackwards and sideways to what our brains are used to. I managed to get a whole song done in Gadget but it took me about four times as long as just doing the same thing in a Cubasis. Korg REALLY need to get their synths working as AUV3’s, it’s not that hard to get em working in Cubasis right now as I demonstrated in my video above, but with no state saving you gotta print them to audio then make a note what patch and adjustments you made .. a pain .. but workable.

Yes. I would pay again for AUV3 versions. Thanks for the help.

• @cloudswimmer said:

@MarcelX said:
    I entered this topic because I wanted to record iMono/Poly!

[.......]

It’s very easy to use iMono/Poly in Cubasis 2. I just made this quick video showing how. (I forgot to turn off the Cubasis piano sound in the midi track, so you’ll hear both it and the monopoly, but you get the idea .. on the midi track just set the instrument to none so your only playing the monopoly )

[.......]

Thx Cloudswimmer!
    I overlooked that option, but it seems to work well.

What I tried was create a miditrack and (try to) add it as IAA, the way one also add AUv3, other IAA instruments and the Steinberg instruments.

• @cloudswimmer said:

@cyberheater said:

Btw, you can use Gadget from your preferred DAW by sending MIDI to Gadget from your DAW. You are essentially using Gadget as a synth rack. That way you can compose as you like and use the instruments. It'll be a little bit of a hassle on the mixing side. (If you don't need to apply external effects, you can send automation from your DAW to change levels, etc. otherwise, you need to audio capture your tracks.)

• @ioue said:
    Well, I'm here, so that I know many people here want AUv3 support.
    Could you let me know what AUv3 host are you using? GarageBand, AUM or Cubasis?

One more thing I want to make sure: do you want our app such as Gadget behave as AUv3 synth, not as host?

ODYSSEi and it’s ARP Sequencer emulation as AUv3 instrument and AUV3 MIDI effect would rock my world. Make sure the sequencer syncs to host and all instrument and sequencer knobs, switches and sliders respond to automation. iMS-20 would also be quite welcome as an AUv3. I use BM3 and AUM as AUv3 host. Thanks to whoever revived this post, I somehow missed it this summer.