PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

Record midi from BM3 to Xequence 2

I have a track in x2 setup to receive midi from bm3. The bm3 track is setup to send to x2. I also tried sending midi from bm3 to all midi ports. X2 will not record the midi no matter what I’ve tried. I consulted the manual. But none of the examples really fit what I’m doing.
Can anyone help? Thanks.

Comments

• If you're sending from BM3 to "Xequence Destination", then:

• make sure "Xequence Destination" is enabled in Xequence's settings -> MIDI / Recording -> MIDI Input -> Sources
    • Do NOT select a Multitrack Recording Source for the track (set it to "None").
    • Make sure Multitrack Recording is DISABLED ("Two arrows" toggle in the top toolbar)

Now try again and let me know if it works... If not, then it may be a bug / misconfiguration in BM3.

• Ok I got x2 to record.... something. It records the midi but it’s all on one note in x2. I am trying to record a midi drum track from bm3.

• As far as I remember, BM3 handles drums different to other Apps.
    But cannot remember details right now.

Anyway, I'm curious to why you try it this way, and not the other way around?

• I want to get some of my projects out of bm3 so I don’t have to use it anymore.

• @Antkn33 said:
    I want to get some of my projects out of bm3 so I don’t have to use it anymore.

Hehe, understood :)

I vaguely remember that MIDI file export was promised multiple times but never done.
    Such a BASIC feature.

Intua....

• @Antkn33 said:
    Ok I got x2 to record.... something. It records the midi but it’s all on one note in x2. I am trying to record a midi drum track from bm3.

BM3 MIDI for drums is different to other apps that use notes. :disappointed:

• Don’t bother ,it’s broken looooong time ago ... every pad sends C4....
    It works only for single pad on key mode .
    Plus selecting all channels for midi out ,sends the note to all channels. It doesn’t make sense , I thought it would bind with the midi in setting : pad per channel ...

For anyone hoping that the BM3 will get an update on a month , send a bug report to the dev....

• Bummer.