Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Eventide is worth the hype

Comments

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    MicroPitch = 2 large coffees
    UltraTap = One large pizza
    Blackhole = 25% of admission to see a hologram of Roy Orbison

if the Blackhole cost was equal to the price of admission to see a hologram of 25% of Roy Orbison ,, would that still be appealing? :).
    and which quarter would you choose?
    p.s. where is this hologram? i am intrigued 🤔

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Sorry to people at Eventide that are reading this or that other thread!
    Please don't abandon ship 🙏

:)

@faland These are not your average apps, have you tried them yourself?

I tried Blackhole on Mac and it’s not my kind of thing, but that’s not the point.
    Anyway, I've only made a simply consideration, I'm pretty sure it won't change the iOS plans for big names, so don’t worry...

• edited August 2019

In fact, I want a rise of prices on iOS. Simple as that.

• edited August 2019

Good point @OnfraySin
    Plenty of $5 apps that could double or quadruple their price now that the cheap as chips/free app of the week model has started to fade away 👍

Edit: If we get three wishes, I will add another vote for quadravox, becoming political here 🤣

• @RockySmalls said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

if the Blackhole cost was equal to the price of admission to see a hologram of 25% of Roy Orbison ,, would that still be appealing? :).

Not sure where virtual Roy is now but he played Dublin last year, something like €88 ticket price 🙃

• If you are concerned about the prices, you can always wait for a sale. The desktop Blackhole plug-in costs $199, but it recently went on sale for $29. Personally, I would not pay $20 for Blackhole because I already have EOS 2. But if they put it on sale for $5, I will definitely try it out.

• edited August 2019

Overpriced?

If someone cares about quality, I can't see the case for these being overpriced. If someone is even half-serious about recording , they are not going to think these are overpriced. For a casual hobbyist, they might seem overpriced--in which case they will probably also be happy with cheaper plugins. But that doesn't make these overpriced.

It strikes me as being on the verge of silly that $20-$40 would be considered overpriced for desktop-quality plug-ins.

p.s. Overpriced doesn't mean "more than what I would like to pay "

• These are high quality. Plenty of space in the market for something like this. It’s like any other market. There are entry level, mid range, and high dollar musical instruments with varying degrees of quality. And sometimes the mid range will outperform high dollar ones. But that isn’t the case here.

You will just have to decide for yourself if you want to make the investment. No sense in getting anxiety over it. This will not raise the price of every music app on the App Store. You prove that point by saying you don’t want to spend this amount of money for an app. There is your demand for lower priced apps. I’m sure you’re not alone.

I also think the thought that keeps being perpetuated that iOS is just a toy or not a valid way to produce music is an outdated sentiment. Didn’t Bruce make a whole album with a four track fostex or something like that? We have way more capability than that in one app. Sure you may have way more options on desktop but its got more power and been around longer. But just because something has more power doesn’t mean you need more power to produce quality music.

It’s an embarrassment of riches here. Thanks Eventide for bringing more to the table. For those that don’t want to partake, that’s okay too! There’s still plenty of options.

• @Orville said:
    Both great ideas (shimmer & H N i (OS) N E). I'll definitely bring these suggestions back to the engineers. Thank you for the feedback.

Belated welcome to the forum! 😺. I love the 3 available Eventide apps and look forward to buying more in the future!
    Cheers 👍🎛🚀

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@RockySmalls said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Not sure where virtual Roy is now but he played Dublin last year, something like €88 ticket price 🙃

for €88 i would definitely demand an actual ‘animated corpse’.. The Orb wired up to car batteries etc..
    😎+🔋=💶

• There are some blurry pictures floating around Facebook about new Eventide apps.
    The green colour seems to indicate it being based on the 'Mod Factor'...

So does anyone know or have some credible leaks?
    Maybe it's the full 'Mod Factor' with all the algorithms for $29.99 or something like that?

• edited October 2019

I’m guessing they will be porting the individual H9 algorithms @Samu

Last week I asked about possible new apps and the official response was “stay tuned” so I’m thinking we will see some more Eventide stuff in the near future!

• That's good to hear, hope a bundle is planned :)

• edited October 2019

I'm more than delighted with the permanent 90-95% discount on these beauties. Let's not even talk about the savings compared to the hardware. These apps are very light on the dsp meter, can run plenty of instances here.

Eventide is worth the (very small amount of) money!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Agree it's a brilliant reverb, the parameters were exposed but a bug has stopped them from showing in ios 13, and hopefully a fix will appear very soon :)

• @echoopera said:
    Decided to feed the OP-Z into it via AUM with a little Groovebox accompaniment:

Lovely stuff, thanks for sharing. OP-Z makes a great partner for an iPad and effects like this gel everything together so well

I'm also really enjoying the Eventide Blackhole, here's a slow jam I did using very simple synth sounds from the Buzzzy synth into Blackhole and a bit of FAC Bandit
    The ipad is just off screen above the Deluge

• Beautiful!

• @Jimantronic said:
    I'm also really enjoying the Eventide Blackhole, here's a slow jam I did using very simple synth sounds from the Buzzzy synth into Blackhole and a bit of FAC Bandit
    The ipad is just off screen above the Deluge

Buzzzy, Blackhole + Bandit.. the triple B threat.. Gorgeous dreamy vibes!

• edited October 2019

I took the plunge....

Can it be that the verb is not able to do a 100% wet signal? I have a strong attack still, when I use it alone at 100% Mix?!?

Thanks for your ears and time

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

Last week I asked about possible new apps and the official response was “stay tuned” so I’m thinking we will see some more Eventide stuff in the near future!

I'm sure by now everybody has seen the "mysterious green" app. https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/effects/modulation/rotary-mod

• @Orville said:
    I'm sure by now everybody has seen the "mysterious green" app. https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/effects/modulation/rotary-mod

Yepp, already got that one too, bring us more please ;)
    (I guess now that the frame work is in place it's easier to pump out more of them right?).

• edited October 2019

@Orville said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

I’m bankrupt until Thursday but it’s at number one on the shopping list. Will be buying these as fast as you can make them!

• FYI - there was an update pushed last night for all apps which fixes the issue of parameters not being exposed in hosts.

• I need that phaser. I’ve hit my phaser addict stage and i need it, maaaan

• So a new eventide app is coming out tomorrow

• edited November 2019

@oat_phipps said:
    I need that phaser. I’ve hit my phaser addict stage and i need it, maaaan

If Eventide released the Instant Phaser on iOS, I guess I couldn't resist.
    Anyway, this one is really good already:

• The seven effects Eventide has ported from the H9 are a great contribution to the iOS music platform. How many more of these can we expect to see? All 52 of them?

The ones that I would most like to have are:

• Reverse delay
    • Tape echo
    • Vintage delay
    • Shimmer
    • Reverse reverb
    • Vibrato
    • TremoloPan

Which ones would you all vote for? The full list is here: Eventide H9 Algorithms.

• @Ted_Pikul said:
    The seven effects Eventide has ported from the H9 are a great contribution to the iOS music platform. How many more of these can we expect to see? All 52 of them?

The ones that I would most like to have are:

• Reverse delay
    • Tape echo
    • Vintage delay
    • Shimmer
    • Reverse reverb
    • Vibrato
    • TremoloPan

Which ones would you all vote for? The full list is here: Eventide H9 Algorithms.

My vote would be for Physion by far, not only for iOS but also for the H9.
    C'mon Eventide, Guitarists want something really new now! 😁