Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Eventide is worth the hype

Comments

• Indeed, the UI framework is there to port from H9. I'd love to hear feedback on what comes next. I believe we purposely started with some of the more useful and popular effects but are always open to suggestions.

• edited August 2019

@Orville said:
    Indeed, the UI framework is there to port from H9. I'd love to hear feedback on what comes next. I believe we purposely started with some of the more useful and popular effects but are always open to suggestions.

Well...
    ...personally I can't have enough shimmer, so my vote would go to H9 Shimmer.

• @Orville said:
    It's so great to see people are embracing our new iOS plug-ins. We do plan on creating more. The first few were really just to test the waters.

Very very happy to read these words, a H9 in my pocket is the stuff of dreams!!!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Orville said:
    It's so great to see people are embracing our new iOS plug-ins. We do plan on creating more. The first few were really just to test the waters.

Very very happy to read these words, a H9 in my pocket is the stuff of dreams!!!

Well in that case a full iH9 Max AUv3 for $199 or something like would be awesome! ;)
    (It is possible to 'bake in' multiple AUv3's into the same app bundle so it is doable).

• Both great ideas (shimmer & H N i (OS) N E). I'll definitely bring these suggestions back to the engineers. Thank you for the feedback.

• @Samu said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Orville said:

Well in that case a full iH9 Max AUv3 for $199 or something like would be awesome! ;)
    (It is possible to 'bake in' multiple AUv3's into the same app bundle so it is doable).

iH9 Max.. Sold!!

• edited August 2019

@Orville said:
    Both great ideas (shimmer & H N i (OS) N E). I'll definitely bring these suggestions back to the engineers. Thank you for the feedback.

Good lineup, if Quadravox could jump the q that would be amazing! Don’t think there’s anything like that on iOS

Thanks again for confirming more stuff is on the way

• @Orville said:
    Indeed, the UI framework is there to port from H9. I'd love to hear feedback on what comes next. I believe we purposely started with some of the more useful and popular effects but are always open to suggestions.

Awesome! I checked out the H9 algorithms on the Eventide website, and my top picks would be:

Delay-- Vintage Delay, Reverse
    Reverb-- MangledVerb, ModEchoVerb, Reverse Reverb, Shimmer
    Modulation-- Vibrato, TremoloPan

I would be interested in anything Eventide releases for iOS. In my opinion, there aren't enough great-sounding creative effects plug-ins on this platform.

• I'm personally a huge fan of Quadravox (& the Octavox plug-in). I'm taking notes from all of you and will definitely let our dev team know. Thank you.

• edited August 2019

Build it, they will come :)

I'll immediately buy anything they port.

• @Orville said:

@Orville Great stuff they definitely take iOS effects to a new level looking forward to seeing what’s coming next.

• edited August 2019

The gear club podcast is really good. Especially liked Susan Rogers, Steve Shelly, Tony Visconti, Larry Crane and Suzanne Ciani interviews.

Episode 6 and 7 cover the history of Eventide, highly recommend listening 🙂

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/gear-club-podcast/id1187432394

• Yes, more eventide on iOS please, including HotSawz !!

• edited August 2019

Highest on my list is BandDelays, Quadra-/Octovox and H3000 Factory (a scaled down version would be fine)

On a side note, I'd wish that owning Anthology XI and/ or corresponding hardware should make you eligible for the ios apps... Perhaps it's just me but it feels wrong to pay for the same thing twice - or trice in the case of Blackhole since I also bought a Space stompbox

• We feel your pain Redlab but unfortunately we can't do cross-grades from different development platforms. Each port takes significant R&D and $$$$ for us to produce and we need to be able to cover our expenses to continue to bring new titles into the mobile music making field. I hope you understand. We're not trying to gouge our customers. On the contrary we're trying to help those of you that have requested us to enter this space for quite some time.

• @Orville said:
    I'm personally a huge fan of Quadravox (& the Octavox plug-in). I'm taking notes from all of you and will definitely let our dev team know. Thank you.

Top of list for me. Loving all of these.

• edited August 2019

@Orville said:
    On the contrary we're trying to help those of you that have requested us to enter this space for quite some time.

2 trillion thanks for this 😃

• edited August 2019

I feel bad getting these for so cheap, well I feel great if that makes sense.

Anthology XI owner here, the upgrade from X was the most shocking price I have ever seen.

€0.88 for something like €750 of extras!!!

I forgot to get MicroPitch before, time to fix that 🙂

• @Orville said:
    I'm personally a huge fan of Quadravox (& the Octavox plug-in). I'm taking notes from all of you and will definitely let our dev team know. Thank you.

Quadravox is a great choice, and please take my advice over the others. No one truly needs another shimmer reverb, higher quality be damned...but there's a giant PHASER-shaped hole in iOS right now.

• Am I the only one who think that Eventide (and FabFilter) plugs are overpriced, and they are rising the bar of iOS app prices too high?

• @Faland said:
    Am I the only one who think that Eventide (and FabFilter) plugs are overpriced, and they are rising the bar of iOS app prices too high?

In a word, yes. They are still massively underpriced, even after factoring in that iPad is not as ideal for producing full songs as a desktop.

• @Faland said:
    Am I the only one who think that Eventide (and FabFilter) plugs are overpriced, and they are rising the bar of iOS app prices too high?

They are excellently priced, and raising the bar of quality on iOS. This is all good to me.

• @Faland said:

I won't say that they are overpriced because I haven't used them yet and therefore cannot calculate the value. However, I will say I don't own them because the price being asked is not a casual spend IMHO. I’ll probably get Blackhold Reverb eventually because I can see the benefit and applicability to the kind of music I create, but at $10-20 each I will not be giving in to my compulsive appoholism like I undoubtedly would at $5 each. For a single effect, it is hard for me to justify the purchase based on the quality competition that is already available in many cases for a fraction of the price. Again, not that Eventide apps aren’t high quality and worthy of that price, but if they make 20 effects apps at an average of $15/ea, that’s a solid $300 investment. By contrast, I’d drop $100 spending $5 at a time without hesitation or regret. I’m just saying they’re priced at a point that requires some deliberation, which may or may not be to Eventide’s financial benefit. Guess that depends on how many casual purchasers they could expect versus dedicated musicians with some degree of self-control. :wink: Regardless, I’m glad they’re here.

• We need to post this on the Gearpage digital forum. The more people who buy these the quicker Eventide will be to release more.

• MicroPitch = 2 large coffees
    UltraTap = One large pizza
    Blackhole = 25% of admission to see a hologram of Roy Orbison

• In few years the average apps price is more than double. I’m afraid soon it will be almost the same of the desktop counterpart. It’s a dangerous trend.
    But nevermind...

• edited August 2019

Sorry to people at Eventide that are reading this or that other thread!
    Please don't abandon ship 🙏

@faland These are not your average apps, have you tried them yourself?

• one more for Quadravox / Octavox

• edited August 2019

@cabo said:
    one more for Quadravox / Octavox

And another 👍