Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Eventide is worth the hype

Comments

• @echoopera Thanks for the reply! In the meantime I saw/listen your Youtube videos. I'm very interested in the combination Octatrack/Ipad and OP-Z/iPad, very good videos.

• edited July 2019

@Pierre118 said:
    @echoopera Thanks for the reply! In the meantime I saw/listen your Youtube videos. I'm very interested in the combination Octatrack/Ipad and OP-Z/iPad, very good videos.

Thanks. The OP-Z /iPad combo is a very nice one. If i had to do it all over again and only get one, the OP-Z would be it. So far it’s been a great instrument and midi sequencer.

• So exciting. It's been a long time coming for this type of quality. Hopefully this trend will continue, but it's looking good.

• edited July 2019

I have an Eventide H9 ... so now the question is ... do I get the effects to come on ios or load them to the H9 (i got the base edition). This is pretty awesome news for us folk.

• @echoopera said:

@Pierre118 said:
    @echoopera Thanks for the reply! In the meantime I saw/listen your Youtube videos. I'm very interested in the combination Octatrack/Ipad and OP-Z/iPad, very good videos.

Thanks. The OP-Z /iPad combo is a very nice one. If i had to do it all over again and only get one, the OP-Z would be it. So far it’s been a great instrument and midi sequencer.

If you had to choose: OP-Z rather than OP1?

• OP-Z since you can sequence up to 16 pieces of gear/synths.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BroCoast said:
    drips mojo

Been looking for a lead singer's name and I think we have a winner....

That sounds like it needs to go into a washing machine, more like.

• No Eventide bundle... “Hey - glad you're excited! We're happy to finally be a part of the iOS platform. At this time, we're not offering bundles.”

• @gusgranite said:
    No Eventide bundle... “Hey - glad you're excited! We're happy to finally be a part of the iOS platform. At this time, we're not offering bundles.”

The good thing about that is that if or when they eventually create bundles with new apps it will benefit those who purchased the apps at regular price prior to the bundle, that if it they include additional apps in the bundle...

Would be nice to know if additional apps are in the making :)

• edited July 2019

@Samu said:

@gusgranite said:
    No Eventide bundle... “Hey - glad you're excited! We're happy to finally be a part of the iOS platform. At this time, we're not offering bundles.”

The good thing about that is that if or when they eventually create bundles with new apps it will benefit those who purchased the apps at regular price prior to the bundle, that if it they include additional apps in the bundle...

Would be nice to know if additional apps are in the making :)

I think there are 51 H9 algorithms available as IAP on iOS/android for that pedal, very likely we will see them all if sales go well. They already have the gui done. I doubt things like T-verb and Fission/Physion will be available anytime soon but would love to be wrong here!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @echoopera Drunk tugboat filled with regret and searching for laudanum at night on a dark still sea.

Good.

Awesome. You caught the reference. 🤪 just took some tossed aside Nick Cave instrumental outtakes and ran with them 🤪👊🏼™️

:)

All happysilly to one side, I can actually hear some woman talking over this piece and breaking your heart in the process...

Again...again...there it goes again.
    Impossible...
    This vision...
    Nothing forgiven...
    Or taken...

Just to hold on
    While drifting
    Through the ether
    Undivided...indivisible...

Becoming again
    Again...again...nothing arises
    Again...

Or something like that :) Maybe it's time to put on some singing shoes...or at least heavily processed breathy breaths :)

• @echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @echoopera Drunk tugboat filled with regret and searching for laudanum at night on a dark still sea.

Good.

Awesome. You caught the reference. 🤪 just took some tossed aside Nick Cave instrumental outtakes and ran with them 🤪👊🏼™️

:)

All happysilly to one side, I can actually hear some woman talking over this piece and breaking your heart in the process...

Again...again...there it goes again.
    Impossible...
    This vision...
    Nothing forgiven...
    Or taken...

Just to hold on
    While drifting
    Through the ether
    Undivided...indivisible...

Becoming again
    Again...again...nothing arises
    Again...

Or something like that :) Maybe it's time to put on some singing shoes...or at least heavily processed breathy breaths :)

Mister Beckett approves!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

OP-Z for me too, hands down way more fun and IMVHO sounds better than the OP-1 too. I've only had mine a couple weeks but I'm seriously having a lot of fun using it.

Too keep this on topic, I just wrapped up a song today that had a lot of OP-Z going through Blackhole and it was bliss.

• This hardware chat is a slippery slope. I could slide right into a Nord Grand for example.

• @Tarekith said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

OP-Z for me too, hands down way more fun and IMVHO sounds better than the OP-1 too. I've only had mine a couple weeks but I'm seriously having a lot of fun using it.

Too keep this on topic, I just wrapped up a song today that had a lot of OP-Z going through Blackhole and it was bliss.

Thanks (and to you also @echoopera on this subject). Unfortunately my next feasible indulgence forest is probably not until Christmas :) But this is now on a list of one....

• CrushStation Please

• Another day, and some more verb delight with the OP-Z:
    Loaded up a few new Samples on this wonderful instrument and fed it into AUM with a lot of verb and delay and lo-fi grit...

• Amazing! So what are some of your favorite presets in there?

• @echoopera That does sounds good. So the people want to know... do these automate OK in BM3? Especially that tappy strip thing on the tappy one...?

• @AudioGus said:
    @echoopera That does sounds good. So the people want to know... do these automate OK in BM3? Especially that tappy strip thing on the tappy one...?

Looks good to me

Although the tappy strip thing doesn’t appear to be available to automate. 🥴

• edited July 2019

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:
    @echoopera That does sounds good. So the people want to know... do these automate OK in BM3? Especially that tappy strip thing on the tappy one...?

Although the tappy strip thing doesn’t appear to be available to automate. 🥴

Well, looks like it does record though so all good... sigh, going to be an expensive month..! But very pumped about the possibilities on our little platform now.

• edited July 2019

I got Eventide Blackhole and Tap Delay and have been using them on instruments as effects inside AUM. I’m finding if I send out the channels to a mix bus I’m losing the ability to solo the mix bus ie I lose the sound once solo but the metering still showing which is strange.

I am not sure if it’s a AUM or combination of Eventide plugs and AUM that’s causing the problem.

Anyone else come across this problem. Latest iOS not beta iPad Pro 9.7 2016 ?

• Love my OPZtoo.. Plus just bought all three Eventide packs. Had some GAS for the deluge but holding off for now . Nice work, guys!

• edited July 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    I got Eventide Blackhole and Tap Delay and have been using them on instruments as effects inside AUM. I’m finding if I send out the channels to a mix bus I’m losing the ability to solo the mix bus ie I lose the sound once solo but the metering still showing which is strange.

I am not sure if it’s a AUM or combination of Eventide plugs and AUM that’s causing the problem.

When you solo a bus you are muting all other channels so that is normal behavior.

Long press on the effect(s) on your send bus will allow you to toggle to pre-fader mode and solo with audio.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Jumpercollins said:

When you solo a bus you are muting all other channels so that is normal behavior.

Long press on the effect(s) on your send bus will allow you to toggle to pre-fader mode and solo with audio.

Ok many thanks knew it had to be something simple doh!

• @Jumpercollins said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Ok many thanks knew it had to be something simple doh!

No worries, it took me a while to find the toggle function earlier today and I've been using AUM since it appeared!

• I absolutely love all three effects and have used them like crazy lately

• It's so great to see people are embracing our new iOS plug-ins. We do plan on creating more. The first few were really just to test the waters.

• @Orville said:
    It's so great to see people are embracing our new iOS plug-ins. We do plan on creating more. The first few were really just to test the waters.

Well, they do stand out from the rest of the effects we already have available on iOS!
    It feels like most of the UI work has already been done considering the H9 app...

As for the next effect to port iOS, do a poll ;)