Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

what does 'Not AB 3 Optimised' mean?

Seems an obvious one - Could someone please / kindly tell me what the context of an ios app that is not 'AB 3 Optimised' means ?

Sorry for the totally lame question! I'm new to ios and have tried searching and googling everywhere

Comments

• I think it means while it probably works inside AB it doesnt/might not state save or have any sidebar or AB remote extra functions.

• @WaxLdn said:
    Seems an obvious one - Could someone please / kindly tell me what the context of an ios app that is not 'AB 3 Optimised' means ?

Sorry for the totally lame question! I'm new to ios and have tried searching and googling everywhere

Audiobus provides many features an app can make use of. I think it means that an app supports some unknown number of Audiobus features.

• edited July 2019

Specifically, it means the app hasn't been updated in ages and is running the AB2 SDK still, which doesn't support background launching or MIDI. It also means YMMV, as lots of apps in that category are a bit buggy.

I might add a little tooltip thing on the badge to explain better