Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iBassist + Lumbeat drums + MIDI out question

Hi, I've been trying out the song mode in iBassist, partly for use making tracks to play along with... anyway, after a bit of trial and error I've got the hang of it, more or less. And it's good - quick, versatile, effective...

One of the features I really like is the easy connectivity with other apps via its MIDI page - you can hook it up so that other apps (Lumbeat drum apps + other pitched apps) play along, with quite a few options for rhythm, octave choice etc.

The MIDI output is driven, I suppose, by just bpm data plus chord progression data. But of course there are times (maybe most often at the beginning of a 'song') where you want just the drums - but to do that you'd have to have a zero option in the chord progression, i.e. it's not playing any chord at all. So I wonder has any clever person here worked out how to do that?

If not, and if Luis Martinez happens to see this, I'd like to request this feature - thanks! :-)

Comments

• You could insert a midi script plugin (Mozaic or StreamByter) into the midi stream between ibassist midi-out and the receiving instruments midi-in.

In that script, use the UI elements (pads or sliders) to temporary disable/enable channels. I am right about to publish a more advanced Mozaic script that allows to queue up such changes and toggle them on 1/2/4/8 bar song divisions.

• Wow that’s impressive! I have no clue what you just proposed but it’s impressive!🤓🤪😁

@_ki said:
    You could insert a midi script plugin (Mozaic or StreamByter) into the midi stream between ibassist midi-out and the receiving instruments midi-in.

In that script, use the UI elements (pads or sliders) to temporary disable/enable channels. I am right about to publish a more advanced Mozaic script that allows to queue up such changes and toggle them on 1/2/4/8 bar song divisions.

• @Tones4Christ All that‘s missing is my demo video, the script is ready and polished since ages...

• Wow That’s awesome! There’s so many great coders here in disguise👽

@_ki said:
    @Tones4Christ All that‘s missing is my demo video, the script is ready and polished since ages...

• @_ki said:
    You could insert a midi script plugin (Mozaic or StreamByter) into the midi stream between ibassist midi-out and the receiving instruments midi-in.

Nice! Never thought I would need such usage, but this is too good to let it pass :wink: