Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blackhole Reverb by Eventide

Comments

• @tiongabaugh

I got Eventide Blackhole and Tap Delay and have been using them on instruments as effects inside AUM. I’m finding if I send out the channels to a mix bus I’m losing the ability to solo the mix bus ie I lose the sound once solo but the metering still showing which is strange.

I am not sure if it’s a AUM or combination of Eventide plugs and AUM that’s causing the problem.

Anyone else come across this problem. Latest iOS not beta iPad Pro 9.7 2016 ?

• Hey @Jumpercollins - sorry to hear about the issue. We're able to reproduce it here with other AUv3s as well as ours, so it seems likely that it's a problem with AUM. Do you have the same findings?

• @tlongabaugh said:
    Hey @Jumpercollins - sorry to hear about the issue. We're able to reproduce it here with other AUv3s as well as ours, so it seems likely that it's a problem with AUM. Do you have the same findings?

@tlongabaugh Hi I found out since it's a function of AUM! If you put the mix link in the effects slot you get more control.

• edited April 2020

Only gave it a try now. Damn it’s beautiful!
    I really like Alteza and think it’s absolutely top notch specially for its price but when it comes to super long feedback verb without shimmer Blackhole in my opinion has a tad more sweetness and stereo depth to it. Also feels a bit cleaner even with modulation on.

Anyone else compared it to Alteza? Thoughts?

Edit: Yes both reverbs are beautiful. No winner just different flavours :)

• @jacou said:
    I really like Alteza and think it’s absolutely top notch specially for its price but when it comes to super long feedback verb without shimmer Blackhole in my opinion has a tad more sweetness and stereo depth to it. Also feels a bit cleaner even with modulation on.

Both have their own thing going on , thought ambience is their forte .. I love both ..Blackhole cleans very well with mix down.. it’s my fav reverb

I have it on h9, have it on iOS , waiting for flash sale to pick plugin

• @hisdudeness said:

@jacou said:

Both have their own thing going on , thought ambience is their forte .. I love both ..Blackhole cleans very well with mix down.. it’s my fav reverb

I have it on h9, have it on iOS , waiting for flash sale to pick plugin

Flash sale for desktop? Yeah me too. Sad to have missed the 85% sale last year 😵 hopefully soon again!

• Hi everybody, on behalf of Eventide we wanted to thank all of our supporters on the AudioBus forum. We couldn't have been successful in the iOS world without you, the trendsetters. It gives us great pleasure to announce that Blackhole has won the 2021 NAMM TEC Award in the category of Audio Apps & Hardware for Smartphones & Tablets!

• Congrats!

• Not surprising really - it’s a great reverb

• Congrats on the award, and more importantly how you guys manage to ‘reinvent’ yourself and stay on top decade after decade! 👍

• edited May 2021

Thank you eventide, wonder what's gonna be next ios3000?

• Congrats! In mean Blackhole is such a fantastic reverb, that is totally deserved.

• Woo! Blackhole, use it! On everything!

• @auxmux said:
    Woo! Blackhole, use it! On everything!

i do 😎😎

• Awarded for ‘Technical Excellence’ is properly correct. Well done!

• Congratulations Eventide - Well deserved 👍🏼

• Congratulations. Blackhole is fantastic.

• I'll be impressed with NAMM TEC's award when Drambo gets some recognition... first we need a Drambo Rack Unit to get on their radar. Then we'd have a booth to visit at the NAMM shows and they would have some revenue to influence their decision process.

Not to take anything away from Eventide for the great IOS products they have provided and the periodic sales events to encourage owning every single one of them as I do.

If I ever did buy another hardware guitar pedal it would probably be the Eventide H9 Max Multi-FX pedal. But until then... I'm very happy with the IOS AUv3 FX app's in AUM using a great guitar sim app and new there are 4 of those to choose from as an AUv3 app!

• Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

• @Orville said:

Hi everybody, on behalf of Eventide we wanted to thank all of our supporters on the AudioBus forum. We couldn't have been successful in the iOS world without you, the trendsetters. It gives us great pleasure to announce that Blackhole has won the 2021 NAMM TEC Award in the category of Audio Apps & Hardware for Smartphones & Tablets!

Congratulations on a well deserved award.

I absolutely love all of your apps; they let me fulfill all of my Tony Visconti fantasies!

• Fantastic, congrats! @Orville

• Nice going, folks!

• @Orville said:

Hi everybody, on behalf of Eventide we wanted to thank all of our supporters on the AudioBus forum. We couldn't have been successful in the iOS world without you, the trendsetters. It gives us great pleasure to announce that Blackhole has won the 2021 NAMM TEC Award in the category of Audio Apps & Hardware for Smartphones & Tablets!

Congratulations Eventide team.

Blackhole is the most expensive reverb I have bought but it looks like it was a good decision.

• Please add a randomizer to each Eventide algorithm.

• @Tickletiger said:
    Yes, it complements Pro-R, and is a more ‘special effects’ tool. awesome sound, plus it has the ‘freeze effect’ which allows you to save a chord pad sound, in the same way the electroharmonix Freeze and Superego effects pedals work.

Can you jam over the chord or the input is OFF when the chord is frozen?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Tickletiger said:
    Yes, it complements Pro-R, and is a more ‘special effects’ tool. awesome sound, plus it has the ‘freeze effect’ which allows you to save a chord pad sound, in the same way the electroharmonix Freeze and Superego effects pedals work.

Yes

• @espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Tickletiger said:

Yes

But the improvisation is not affected by the reverb. Can you use 2 instances of BlackHole in the same channel of AUM?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Tickletiger said:

Yes

But the improvisation is not affected by the reverb. Can you use 2 instances of BlackHole in the same channel of AUM?

Yes, you can use two instances.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Tickletiger said:

Yes

Yes, you can use two instances.

<3

• edited February 2023

Hi, is there a midi implementation for the app?
    I use the “blackhole (midi)” instance, and I can control only the buttons (“active”, “freeze” and the other one), but can’t control any knobs.
    I use it in Camelot pro. as an auv3, I wish to control the size knob in real-time for a psychedelic live use.
    Thanks.