Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blackhole Reverb by Eventide

Comments

• If that kind of stuff is feasible for IR? I honestly have zero understanding of the difference between an IR audio file and a regular wav etc..

A lot of convolution reverbs just take ordinary audio files.

An IR is basically the recording of a loud, very short, full frequency sound and a recording of the 'tail' made by the reverb.

Professional IRs are done with fancy microphones, good audio recorder and something like a starting gun but I've had interesting (and useable) results from my little digital recorders and clapping in spaces - including one I recorded on my phone of an ice chamber belonging to John Ruskin that I came across (and had a mad reverberation)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cool, sounds like a unique space with nice backstory :)

Sure I’ll have some fun throwing some random stuff in Ableton’s Conv Verb :)

Thanks all for the tip-off.

Years ago I used to occasionally make music for theatre productions - I did a cool "tinkerbell" for someone's one person show by convoluting someone talking with the sound of bells tinkling - worked really nicely.

You can also do this for amp modelling - play a short loud sound etc through music equipment - and of course other things with acoustic properties - trash2 by Izotope does this

Convolution is great fun and the one in Ableton makes it so easy - just drag and drop - I use it quite a lot when I'm on the desktop

• For Convolution AU, I'd just take the IR wav files from Ableton Suite and put them on them on my iPad.

Begrudgingly, got Blackhole, but love it so much. It will be on everything I use, lol. But, no way to export presets to desktop which is a bit annoying. It's not a lot of knobs, but it would be convenient.

• @Blue_Mangoo In this forum I think most people (myself included) put more of a premium on importing our own IR files. Plus in this way it’s like the app stays fresh as more and more IR files become available for free or paid. But in the more casual user market buyers will expect at least a reasonable amount of already loaded presets...or of course you can expect terrible reviews from the uninformed.

Would your app idea also allow for the easy streamlined creation of IR files ourselves with mics etc? That sounds really exciting to me and could maybe be an IAP for more pro users.

Thanks so much for your awesome interactions with the community and your willingness to try new ideas with an open mind (looking at tube au in particular)!! 😎

• This thread has been so educational, especially that video on convolution reverb. Thanks, guys!

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@dendy said:

@thepinkelefant said:
    Why are there no audio demos for the iOS versions? Are they exactly the same as desktop?
    Anybody wants to share initial impressions and how it sounds ?

Totally out of any scale. Lightyears ahead ANY other reverb on iOS. This is serious thing.

Now we need just good CPU efficient convolution reverb AUv3 and we are done. Forever.

Convolution reverb is relatively easy to build. The challenge seems to be obtaining a good library of impulse responses. Would convolution reverb still be useful to you if it came with a collection of royalty free impulse responses that the developer scrounged up on the internet, plus the ability to load your own? Or would it need to have a fantastic IR library of its own in order to be truly useful?

Just something to load guitar cab and reverb impulses onto and the basic tools needed for them. Eq for wet sound would also be very nice. Some basic free impulses would be nice to include ofc, even tho i personally just want an AU to load impulses onto. Fiddlicator is really nice for guitar cabs, but not an AU, altispace is nice for reverbs, but again not AU :/

Btw check this for a nice free reverb impulse

• @ToMess said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@dendy said:

@thepinkelefant said:
    Why are there no audio demos for the iOS versions? Are they exactly the same as desktop?
    Anybody wants to share initial impressions and how it sounds ?

Totally out of any scale. Lightyears ahead ANY other reverb on iOS. This is serious thing.

Now we need just good CPU efficient convolution reverb AUv3 and we are done. Forever.

Convolution reverb is relatively easy to build. The challenge seems to be obtaining a good library of impulse responses. Would convolution reverb still be useful to you if it came with a collection of royalty free impulse responses that the developer scrounged up on the internet, plus the ability to load your own? Or would it need to have a fantastic IR library of its own in order to be truly useful?

Just something to load guitar cab and reverb impulses onto and the basic tools needed for them. Eq for wet sound would also be very nice. Some basic free impulses would be nice to include ofc, even tho i personally just want an AU to load impulses onto. Fiddlicator is really nice for guitar cabs, but not an AU, altispace is nice for reverbs, but again not AU :/

Btw check this for a nice free reverb impulse

Also, it would be good if plug-in allows for long reverbs. Altispace, maxes out at something around 11 seconds regardless of the IR's duration.

Options for pre-delay will be useful, too.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    Weren’t that the exact same phrases for fabfilter reverb and those others from the majority?

This reverb isn't really the same type of plugin as Pro-R.

Pro-R is a very clean algorithmic reverb that allows very fine control of the reflections by frequency (the blue EQ band at the top, so for example you can have longer reflections in the lower frequencies and shorter ones in the highs) as well as a post-effect EQ. IMO this is a pretty unique feature that allows you to tune the reverb very precisely - and one that can't really be achieved with an EQ before the reverb, or with any other iOS reverb.

Eventide Black Hole is a creative reverb that isn't trying to recreate real spaces, it's intended for much more extreme effects. There's really no reason not to own them both.

I will mention this to the wife presently :)

My drink went whooshing up my nose. 😂

• Ended up buying this, couldn't help it.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Ended up buying this, couldn't help it.

It's an awesome companion for Spectrum ;)

• @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Yup, and I put it on Phase84, instant synthwave.

• edited July 2019

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Doing that right now! 👍

And this might be a small thing to some but the buttons don’t change value when you release your finger!

• Jakob haQ has a really good demo of Black Hole up.

• Anyone noticing no state saving in AUM? I’m having an issue with all the Eventides not saving knob tweaks between sessions. Seems I’d have to save and load a custom user preset for every instance. Otherwise I’m really liking the results.

• _ki_ki
    edited July 2019

@_mwallace On my iPad Pro 10.5 with IOS 12.3.1 Blackhole Reverb AU, UltraTap Delay AU and MicroPitch AU do state save in AUM- i just tested due to your posting. The knob positions and settings were restored on session reload and also when reloading settings saved with the AUM preset system.

• in Nanostudio 2 delay A/B parameters of MicroPitch are not saved with project, rest is ok (no issue with HlackHole or UltraTap, all knobs are stored properly).. reported issue at Eventide forums ..

• @_ki said:
    @_mwallace On my iPad Pro 10.5 with IOS 12.3.1 Blackhole Reverb AU, UltraTap Delay AU and MicroPitch AU do state save in AUM- i just tested due to your posting. The knob positions and settings were restored on session reload and also when reloading settings saved with the AUM preset system.

Thanks for checking. I’m seeing it happening every time I load my AUM project. I get it sounding good and save my AUM session, open it up later and several of the knob values have changed to their defaults.. I have to open every instance of my Eventides and re-tweak or load from a saved preset. Same is happening for me in MultiTap.. can’t confirm with Blackhole yet.

@dendy said:
    in Nanostudio 2 delay A/B parameters of MicroPitch are not saved with project, rest is ok (no issue with HlackHole or UltraTap, all knobs are stored properly).. reported issue at Eventide forums ..

Yes, same here with the A/B (in AUM).. but I think some of the other knobs are also affected.

• Hmm, i only tested with one instance of each AU - i will retry later using several instances.

• @_mwallace said:

@_ki said:

Thanks for checking. I’m seeing it happening every time I load my AUM project. I get it sounding good and save my AUM session, open it up later and several of the knob values have changed to their defaults.. I have to open every instance of my Eventides and re-tweak or load from a saved preset. Same is happening for me in MultiTap.. can’t confirm with Blackhole yet.

@dendy said:
    in Nanostudio 2 delay A/B parameters of MicroPitch are not saved with project, rest is ok (no issue with HlackHole or UltraTap, all knobs are stored properly).. reported issue at Eventide forums ..

Yes, same here with the A/B (in AUM).. but I think some of the other knobs are also affected.

i reported it on their forums, so probably you should add info about AUM into that my post too
    https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/plug-ins/micropitch-delay-ab-knobs-not-saved-project-nanostudio-2

• @dendy said:

@_mwallace said:

@_ki said:

@dendy said:

i reported it on their forums, so probably you should add info about AUM into that my post too
    https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/plug-ins/micropitch-delay-ab-knobs-not-saved-project-nanostudio-2

I am getting this problem with both tap and pitch AUs. :(

• edited July 2019

Hey all - > @nondes said:

For Convolution AU, I'd just take the IR wav files from Ableton Suite and put them on them on my iPad.

Begrudgingly, got Blackhole, but love it so much. It will be on everything I use, lol. But, no way to export presets to desktop which is a bit annoying. It's not a lot of knobs, but it would be convenient.

Hey - this is actually possible and very simple. Any User Presets you create are saved in the Files App - you can export them to your desktop from there. You can also add presets to the iOS app from desktop - drop them in the "File Sharing -> Blackhole" folder when connected in iTunes, and they will show up under "User Presets" in the app.

• @dendy said:

@_mwallace said:

@_ki said:

@dendy said:

Hey, saw your post over on the Eventide forum and thanks for bringing this to our attention - we've reproduced and have a fix. It should hopefully be pushed in the next few days, once it gets through the review process.

• Hi @tlongabaugh 👋

Welcome to the forum! So awesome to see Eventide on iOS!

• @gusgranite said:
    Hi @tlongabaugh 👋

Welcome to the forum! So awesome to see Eventide on iOS!

+1 thanks

• @tlongabaugh welcome at AB forums, great to have you here :-)

• Thanks everyone - we're stoked to finally be a part of the iOS music-making community!

• After a few minutes asking myself 'why do I need another reverb?' I realized it was futile and hit the buy button. I was kind of surprised this isn't just a big reverb, lots of crazy sounds coming out of this and its fun as hell. Good to see these plugins coming to ios!

• @tlongabaugh said:
    Thanks everyone - we're stoked to finally be a part of the iOS music-making community!

Day made!!! 🙏🙏🙏

• @tlongabaugh said:
    Thanks everyone - we're stoked to finally be a part of the iOS music-making community!

You are going to make a lot of friends here :)