Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blackhole Reverb by Eventide

Comments

• i'm totally amazed also by MicroPitch - unbelievable creative FX..

• How is the cpu with this one?

• edited July 2019

Hope 2016 will make it at some point, it’s my favourite on pc

• edited July 2019

@recccp said:
    How is the cpu with this one?

iPhone 6S

15 instanced in AUM, default preset, buffer size 256, CPU load 70-74%, no crackles

• Are these introductory prices?

• edited July 2019

@dendy said:

@recccp said:

iPhone 6S

15 instanced in AUM, default preset, buffer size 256, CPU load 70-74%, no crackles

Wow, that’s pretty good... is that on your new mini? Thanks!

• Awesome!
    IOS is full steam ahead

• Welcome Eventide!

• @recccp said:

@dendy said:

@recccp said:

iPhone 6S

no, on iPhone 6S ;-)

• @dendy said:

@recccp said:

@dendy said:

@recccp said:

iPhone 6S

no, on iPhone 6S ;-)

Hehe... even better :)

• hehe looks like @jakoB_haQ did know that this is coming - there are presets made by him :-)

• 3 Eventide H9 algorithms on iOS? This is awesome! And I assume that they will release more in the future!

• edited July 2019

Given the class/price of latest/forthcoming contenders I am now on a one reverb per year budget.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Weren’t that the exact same phrases for fabfilter reverb and those others from the majority?

This reverb isn't really the same type of plugin as Pro-R.

Pro-R is a very clean algorithmic reverb that allows very fine control of the reflections by frequency (the blue EQ band at the top, so for example you can have longer reflections in the lower frequencies and shorter ones in the highs) as well as a post-effect EQ. IMO this is a pretty unique feature that allows you to tune the reverb very precisely - and one that can't really be achieved with an EQ before the reverb, or with any other iOS reverb.

Eventide Black Hole is a creative reverb that isn't trying to recreate real spaces, it's intended for much more extreme effects. There's really no reason not to own them both.

• @recccp said:

@dendy said:

@recccp said:

@dendy said:

@recccp said:

iPhone 6S

no, on iPhone 6S ;-)

Hehe... even better :)

Tried it on Mini 5... with same buffer (256), just at 48khz sample rate (on iPhone it is running in 44) - 37 instances at 70% CPU

but above 35 instances it sometimes crashes all i stances - i guess it is starting to reach maximum allowed memory limit for same plugin :))

• Well there goes my Wednesday 🤪

• @richardyot said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    Weren’t that the exact same phrases for fabfilter reverb and those others from the majority?

Pro-R is a very clean algorithmic reverb that allows very fine control of the reflections by frequency (the blue EQ band at the top, so for example you can have longer reflections in the lower frequencies and shorter ones in the highs) as well as a post-effect EQ. IMO this is a pretty unique feature that allows you to tune the reverb very precisely - and one that can't really be achieved with an EQ before the reverb, or with any other iOS reverb.

Eventide Black Hole is a creative reverb that isn't trying to recreate real spaces, it's intended for much more extreme effects. There's really no reason not to own them both.

I will mention this to the wife presently :)

• @dendy said:
    hehe looks like @jakoB_haQ did know that this is coming - there are presets made by him :-)

Must be some heavy NDA..... I would be hard to keep that to myself. I guess I could tell my dog.

Anyway this plugin is AWESOME

• @richardyot said:

@MrBlaschke said:

Eventide Black Hole is a creative reverb that isn't trying to recreate real spaces, it's intended for much more extreme effects. There's really no reason not to own them

@richardyot
    Thank you!!

• Yes, it complements Pro-R, and is a more ‘special effects’ tool. awesome sound, plus it has the ‘freeze effect’ which allows you to save a chord pad sound, in the same way the electroharmonix Freeze and Superego effects pedals work.

• my opinion about Pro-R is very different :) when i put to send channel other reverb AND parameteic EQ (so i was able to equalise just WET signal, not affecing dry one), i was able to reproduce at 99% any Pro-R preset i tried... somgor me Pro-R is not rhst special or different from any other top iOS recerb, i see only advatage when it is used as insert not as send, in which case it is not possible to replace it with other reverb+EQ

• Sweet, this is my favorite desktop reverb by far.

• @dendy said:
    my opinion about Pro-R is very different :) when i put to send channel other reverb AND parameteic EQ (so i was able to equalise just WET signal, not affecing dry one), i was able to reproduce at 99% any Pro-R preset i tried... somgor me Pro-R is not rhst special or different from any other top iOS recerb, i see only advatage when it is used as insert not as send, in which case it is not possible to replace it with other reverb+EQ

The blue EQ-like control in Pro-R isn't actually an EQ, it controls the decay rate of the frequency spectrum, so you can't actually reproduce that effect with an EQ. That blue line is controlling the length of the reflections, not the gain:

https://www.fabfilter.com/help/pro-r/using/decayrateEQ

• @Eye0sStudios said:

Anyway this plugin is AWESOME

Not helping.

• awesome news ! quality is just superb

• Too late. Sell the wife, sell the kids etc etc.

• it’s NOT going to sell it to the arachnophobes amongst us.. they’ll have to stick to the ultratap,,,

• edited July 2019

This dude chap does a good demo