Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Deconstructing Music for Airports

https://reverbmachine.com/blog/deconstructing-brian-eno-music-for-airports
You maybe have seen elsewhere, nice little read, loops too!!
:)
J

Comments

• Nice find. Thank you for sharing. 👊🏼™️

• Reverb Machine has good stuff. This is in my reading queue.

• One of the best articles I've read in a while. Really helped me understand how to work on a Brian Eno-styled piece. :)

• This one is also useful! Enso is best (despite tapes and reels, obviously).

https://youtu.be/OMZn_Lxhh2c

• Great read. Always been disappointed Eno (apparently) never snapped a photo of the tape loops going around chairs in his living room.

• @frthcomingstorm said:
    This one is also useful! Enso is best (despite tapes and reels, obviously).

https://youtu.be/OMZn_Lxhh2c

I like that Chris makes things for himself. I find that's what sets him apart as a dev, not that other developers don't make music but he has a very good idea of what is satisfying for a musician.

• So, who immediately pulled out Enso and went to town besides myself?

• @waynerowand said:
    So, who immediately pulled out Enso and went to town besides myself?

As did I sir...but I chose LoopyHD because of it's stability...and here's the outcome, after being fed back into AUM via the 12 Audio Outs from Loopy...and yes...whole bunch of fx :)

• @echoopera Excellent work! Texture galore!

I opted for 8 instances of Quanta and Enso. EQ, compression, reverb, and limiting in Auria Pro.

• edited July 2019

@waynerowand said:
    @echoopera Excellent work! Texture galore!

I opted for 8 instances of Quanta and Enso. EQ, compression, reverb, and limiting in Auria Pro.

Nice. Did you really have 8 instances of Enso running, or we’re the 8 instances of Quanta feeding into Enso?

I love Enso, but it tends to crash a lot for me on my iPad Pro 2018. 🤨

• @echoopera Yes, 8 instances of Enso. I moved Quanta from track to track. 2017 ipad 128 gig latest os

• edited July 2019

@echoopera @waynerowand both very nice tracks!

@waynerowand did you compress and eq each track or master output?

@BroCoast Yeah, Chris instagram is very good place not only to learn some new things but also a possibility to listen good music (this is not common case). He promised in Youtube to make a video about "Discreet Music".)

Also want to say about Enso. Yesterday i recorded 6 instances of Tines + Enso, all loops around 10-20 sec. Two simple sends with FX (reverb and delay). No crash at all. Ipad Pro 2017 256 gb. Strange things about this looper...

• @frthcomingstorm Thanks! Just the master bus.

• @frthcomingstorm said:
    @echoopera @waynerowand both very nice tracks!

@waynerowand did you compress and eq each track or master output?

@BroCoast Yeah, Chris instagram is very good place not only to learn some new things but also a possibility to listen good music (this is not common case). He promised in Youtube to make a video about "Discreet Music".)

Also want to say about Enso. Yesterday i recorded 6 instances of Tines + Enso, all loops around 10-20 sec. Two simple sends with FX (reverb and delay). No crash at all. Ipad Pro 2017 256 gb. Strange things about this looper...

I've had no crashes in my 6 instance Enso session either. It only seems to crash because of certain things the host might be doing, I thought the crashes were an AUM problem but they happen in other hosts too. There is some kind of conflict which I'm guessing is maybe transport related. When used unquantized it never crashes for me.

• FWIW, 12 loops of 3 minutes or more not a problem in Loopy on an iPad 2018. Minimal CPU hit.

It can be fun to put an Enso on one of Loopy’s returns.

Btw, Loopy has options via midi for track decay for Frippertronics type effects.

• @echoopera said:
    Nice find. Thank you for sharing. 👊🏼™️

No worries!
    I got eight loops running in AUM;
    FX:
    ApeDelay
    Dedalus
    Discord4
    Replicant2
    Kosmonaut
    DLYM
    Reverb FDN
    Fekvens/ADverb2

On individual audio channels respectively, :grin:
    Spectrum Granular / Eos2 on a bus
    Haven’t even messed with the blackhole yet!!!
    Back to the lab,
    iPhone 6 btw.
    :smile:
    Have a great weekend folks!

• Actually, I'm glad that from time to time I stumble uppon such threads with interesting info to read. Trully enjoyed reading that article, thanks ;)