Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do you like Spectrum? Would you like it to have MPE? Support your local developer :)

13»

Comments

• @>; @tiantong said:

@burns_audio said:
    I can provide a little update. The next version of Spectrum won't be "MPE aware" but in MIDI OMNI mode it will track and apply modulations on a per-channel basis. When selecting a specific MIDI channel, all other channels will be ignored.

Oh! I would like to hear a little more about this. What’s the difference between what you’re going to do and actually implementing MPE and how it fits with asking for funds for something and then doing something else?

Looks like he will work on the MPE implementation when he gets the MPE controller working Which I believe makes sense. In the meantime there are some issues and improvements required in the next update which don't need to wait for MPE implementation. For an example the clouds Time Stretch effect is not working correctly.

• @tiantong said:

Oh! I would like to hear a little more about this. What’s the difference between what you’re going to do and actually implementing MPE and how it fits with asking for funds for something and then doing something else?

The following releases will fully implement MPE. I've just got a release worth of change in the meantime.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Have you tried pairing it with AUM? Also there is a roli ios app which allows Bluetooth pairing.

OMG. That was it. You don't do bluetooth pairing for MIDI under Settings???

• @burns_audio said:

I've just got a release worth of change in the meantime.

Sweet!
    Care to tease with the features and maybe even an ETA?

The more I've play around with Spectrum the more I grow to like it!
    I always tend to miss a few % on the output dials(Main/Aux) so the other channel 'leaks' thru so a 'switch' here to toggle main/aux would be a very welcome addition. But I think preset management is also pretty important...

Looking forward to what's cooking :)

• Tried the new Roxsyn on Spectrum as a effect got some very cool results.

• edited July 2019

@burns_audio said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Have you tried pairing it with AUM? Also there is a roli ios app which allows Bluetooth pairing.

OMG. That was it. You don't do bluetooth pairing for MIDI under Settings???

Its funny because someone actually gave/bought me their Seaboard! I had the same issue. AUM allows you direct pairing but there is a ios app from roli that allows a more general pairing and this is mandatory i believe which is weird. Luckily i just use AUM for my music.

• @Samu said:
    Sweet!

You, @Samu, in particular, will feel very, uh, in sync, with the new features.

• @burns_audio said:

@Samu said:
    Sweet!

You, @Samu, in particular, will feel very, uh, in sync, with the new features.

:)

Also I do have some 'issues' setting proper modulation depth (I am a PWM junkie) so the 'modulation depth/range' is pretty tricky to set properly without numerical feedback. And well, the LFO being as it is doesn't make it easier when using a triangle wave that is 'bi-polar' when all I need is uni-polar values. Same goes for setting the depth of the envelope modulation. It's tricky accurately set the amount especially when using the 'FM' oscillators.

And the app being as complex as it is it feels almost like all 3 knobs (Harmonics, Timbre & Morph) on the front page could use their own pair of mod-sources(LFO & ENV). Nail the LFO StartPhase with optional key-sync and I'll be busy for a long time hehe.

But hey, this is not about nagging but rather appreciating and awesome sounding AUv3 and trying to get the most out of the engine that can ;)

• AU parameters on horizon? Because that would be amazing!

• @nondes said:
    AU parameters on horizon? Because that would be amazing!

What exactly do you mean by AU parameters?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Looks like he will work on the MPE implementation when he gets the MPE controller working Which I believe makes sense. In the meantime there are some issues and improvements required in the next update which don't need to wait for MPE implementation. For an example the clouds Time Stretch effect is not working correctly.

@burns_audio said:
    The following releases will fully implement MPE. I've just got a release worth of change in the meantime.

Got it. Thanks for explaining and looking forward to it.

• edited July 2019

@burns_audio said:

@nondes said:

Being able to set custom MIDI cc values for the AU's parameters using the host like AUM rather than hard coded midi CC values in the AU itself.

• edited July 2019

@nondes said:

@burns_audio said:

@nondes said:

Being able to set custom MIDI cc values for the AU's parameters using the host like AUM rather than hard coded midi CC values in the AU itself.

Ah maybe you can have an option to turn off the hardwired midi cc values? @burns_audio although you can assign midi cc values in AUM Midi control already.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Ah maybe you can have an option to turn off the hardwired midi cc values?

Yep that'll be in next release

• @burns_audio said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Ah maybe you can have an option to turn off the hardwired midi cc values?

Yep that'll be in next release

Awesome, thanks @burns_audio

• Just updated with MPE support!