Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DrumJam

Hi!
My favorite drum app for iOS is DrumJam (together with Reggae drummer). DrumJam is not an AUv3 and IAA is deprecated. Is @sonosaurus the developer for DrumJam? If so, are you planning to make an AU version?

Comments

• edited July 2019

Yeah, Sonosaurus suite of apps is legend software!
    Thumbjam was incredible when it was introduced in 2008, and, was an eyeopener for many other developer out there...
    But I’m not that sure that he will reinvest in time to just made his software AUv3, perhaps he will make a new sort of app that combine every technology into a new groundbreaking app?

• I’m just here to say I’d be surprised but absolutely psyched to get thumb and drumjam AUs!

• Just keep using Audiobus, and it shouldn’t matter.
    Unless these app developers decide to drop Audiobus support on their own, but why would they do that?

• I would buy them again as AUs.

• The Jam Brothers are worth an ipad all on their own... two of the most musical, intuitive, playable critters ever created. It's alive I tell you!!! Very difficult to improve on or expand actually - ooops! Too good.

AUV3 would be a bit nice - and I'd like to be able to make my own instruments more easily - but I wouldn't want them doing anything to the Bros themselves that risks making them more complex or awkward for anyone - absolutely anyone - to play.

If Apple was half-smart they'd buy them and ship the Jams built-in... show folks what these iPad gadgets can do.

• edited July 2019

sample import is coming to drum jam (don't know exact date) but can't wait, love this app and love creating sample fodder with it

• McDMcD
    edited July 2019

Anyone that won't buy these apps due to AUv3 is missing out on 2 of the best IOS Apps.
    One copy of each is worth more than 3-5 copies of any AUv3 instrument in my estimation. I also feel this way about the IAA LumBeats Drummers and Bass Player. It's the closest app suite to "Band in Box" for modern styles and work great in AudioBus for sync'ing.

IAA's will work until I feel the need to upgrade my iPad with the future iPad 4K model with
    "Stink-a-round" technology which Apple will call iSmell-o-vision. "At last something for that 5th sense... smell the roses." The biggest use case will be fart jokes in text messages.

• @Soundscaper said:
    If Apple was half-smart they'd buy them and ship the Jams built-in... show folks what these iPad gadgets can do.

+1

• @kobamoto said:
    sample import is coming to drum jam (don't know exact date) but can't wait, love this app and love creating sample fodder with it

What! really? Awesome

• @[Deleted User] said:

@kobamoto said:

What! really? Awesome

yessir, it's on his to do list

• any news from this app? It looks very good but it's not updated from Mar 14, 2016

• Still great, as always.

• I was just thinking about it ........ only every single day, haven't heard anything new from the dev but they did say it would be implemented!!

• @MAtrixplan said:
    any news from this app? It looks very good but it's not updated from Mar 14, 2016

Doesn’t need updating; it’s already perfect. I was just jamming on it for an hour right before I opened this thread.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@MAtrixplan said:
    any news from this app? It looks very good but it's not updated from Mar 14, 2016

Doesn’t need updating; it’s already perfect. I was just jamming on it for an hour right before I opened this thread.

ok but is it work well with other apps? IAA? AUv3? midi out? Stable?

• If there would ever be 2 instabuys for myself and probably everybody else here, it would be ThumbJam AU and DrumJam AU. Also probably the least complaints of any new app release, since they’re both legendary.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Ha, that’s generous of you to say! It could use some updating, to better support the screen sizes of some new devices, and I’ll hopefully get to that soon.

• They are both legendary apps so any further development would be most welcome.

• @MAtrixplan said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@MAtrixplan said:

ok but is it work well with other apps? IAA? AUv3? midi out? Stable?

I get it to tempo sync just fine. It’s a pretty stable program.

• @sonosaurus said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Ha, that’s generous of you to say! It could use some updating, to better support the screen sizes of some new devices, and I’ll hopefully get to that soon.

and don't forgeeeeeeet :)

and wrlds2ndbstgeoshrdr is right , I run drum jam through a gang of pedals and it's a lovely thing to behold!!

• @sonosaurus said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Any chance of some orchestral percussion?

• Just got updated with new sounds. Bought a couple. Very nice work @sonosaurus 🙏

• Long live DrumJam!

• It'll live longer with auv3

• Can it sync to AUM host start ‘ stop ‘ tempo?

• @NimboStratus said:
    Can it sync to AUM host start ‘ stop ‘ tempo?

Yes, it can.

• This is one of my top wishes to see as AUv3

• Does Drumjam works as an IAA in Cubasis? I immediately get no sound in the moment of loading it into Cubasis 3.

• @israelite said:
    Does Drumjam works as an IAA in Cubasis? I immediately get no sound in the moment of loading it into Cubasis 3.

It should work as it works for me.
    Any sounds from DJ pads?
    One of the problems that might happen which I hate is the “change pending” in DJ.
    Only managed to resolve it by restarting

• anyone managed to neutralize the “change pending” without restarting DJ?