Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your Favourite Musical Moment?

edited July 13 in Off-topic

This for me is one of the greatest musical moments in Rock.

You should watch all of it but if you can’t wait, watch around a minute before s**t gets real at 6:28

We all have different tastes, different things that move us. Please share your favourite musical moments. Try to be as specific as you can about the precise moment something wonderful happens musically in a song or video that moves you.

Try to include video/audio if you can so that we can all enjoy it.

«134

Comments

  • edited July 20

    Here’s a great (not Rock) musical moment.

    It happens at 4:12

  • edited July 13

    When Dorthy begins to skip at the beginning of the song Follow the Yellow Brick Road in the movie “the Wonderful Wizard of Oz” and when John Lennon sings the second verse through to the finale of “a Day in the Life” magic

  • Richie Havens making up the song "Freedom" on the spot at Woodstock.

  • @Steaders said:
    Richie Havens making up the song "Freedom" on the spot at Woodstock.

    Good Lord. Chills.

  • edited July 13

    Utopia’s Ra tour of 1977 was by far the most mind-blowing thing I ever witnessed, with lasers, fog/wind machines, water fountains around the drums, flame throwers, dragon battling, and a giant sphinx and pyramid, which Todd scaled and jumped off whilst playing his ankh guitar... This somewhat flawed rehearsal footage (which is missing the flame throwers and other elements) is the only known footage that survives. A slight glimpse of what the full live experience was like. Abt 7:40 for the pyramid climb/jump..

  • One of my favourite musical moments?

    Seeing Corey Glover from ,'Living Colour',
    stage dive into the mosh pit whilst the band were soloing
    and fifteen minutes later his hand reaching out from the audience to
    grab hold of the mic and start singing again.

    That was cool.

  • Crosby Stills Nash and Young
    Carry On
    2:09 secs in

  • edited July 13

    I saw them in a small theater about a week before that was recorded. What a band they were back then!

    @Steaders said:
    This for me is one of the greatest musical moments in Rock.

    You should watch all of it but if you can’t wait, watch around a minute before s**t gets real at 6:28

    We all have different tastes, different things that move us. Please share your favourite musical moments

  • John Cipollina's intro to Mona still sounds magical to me:

    ( )

  • Last year I was in Prague and these people in the building I was staying in called the police because they thought I'd brought ants into the building. After 20 minutes of being yelled at by crazy Czechs this song came on for no reason at all full volume. I think they Siri'd it somehow. It drove them out of the apartment, felt like a holy experience.

  • @Steaders said:
    Crosby Stills Nash and Young
    Carry On
    2:09 secs in

    Good call!

  • Wish I could have been the fly on the wall watching them make this album...

  • Art Zoyd - Ballade. @ 1:18 especially

    [

  • McDMcD
    edited July 13

    Mahavishnu Orchestra live at Long Beach Arena 1973.

    John McLaughlin - Dual 6+12 string guitar
    Billy Cobham - Fibes Drumset (the plexiglass drums of that era)

    • playing left-handed on normal drum set up (Simon Phillips can do this too)
      Jan Hammer - Fender Rhodes and Moog Synth
      Jerry Goodman - Electric Violin
      Rick Laird - Electric Bass

    The band received its initial acclaims for its complex, intense music consisting of a blend of Indian classical music, jazz and psychedelic rock, and their dynamic live performances between 1971 and 1973.

    A sample of their magic:

  • @McD said:
    Billy Cobham - Fibes Drumset (the plexiglass drums of that era)

    • playing left-handed on normal drum set up (Simon Phillips can do this too)

    Open-handed.

    Ringo and myself play left-handed on a right-handed drum set up. :)

  • edited July 13

    The solo of Cory Henry in Lingus by Snarky Puppy (stating at 4:19)

  • Yeah and this one...

  • edited July 13

    @cuscolima said:
    The solo of Cory Henry in Lingus by Snarky Puppy (stating at 4:19)

    This is SO good! Never heard of them. 👍🏻
    And that solo is one of the of weirdest/coolest solo’s I’ve ever heard.
    I couldn’t listen to a whole albums worth when i’m relaxing but damn that is impressive.
    Coincidentally, he’s wearing a Woodstock t shirt.

  • I love the exuberance and sheer joy with which Levon Helm says “Hee hee!” at the 2:00 mark.

  • @cuscolima said:
    Yeah and this one...

    Never seen this before either. Brilliant!
    Love me some Stevie.

  • @Crawlingwind said:
    Art Zoyd - Ballade. @ 1:18 especially

    [

    1:52 when the violins (or is that brass? Both?) kick in is crazy good.

  • So many.
    A few:
    The first appearance of KR's background vocals in Brown Sugar
    The first bar of My Favorite Things John Coltrane Quartet
    Lou Reed's pause between "it's called" and "bad luck" in Street Hassle.
    Also, the "love has gone away..." vocal in SH
    The beginning of Child of the Moon
    Patti Smith's scream in Space Monkey
    The guitar solos in Marquee Moon

  • Kinda obvious but 2:20 really is Everything

    And the build up before is mind expanding.

  • Life doesn’t get much better than 1:48

  • edited July 13

    At 6:45 OMG!
    I saw this live at the Disney Concert Hall. One of the most incredible musical moments of my life.
    Last thing I was expecting was for Air to rock out!

  • edited July 13

    @Lady_App_titude said:
    Utopia’s Ra tour of 1977 was by far the most mind-blowing thing I ever witnessed, with lasers, fog/wind machines, water fountains around the drums, flame throwers, dragon battling, and a giant sphinx and pyramid, which Todd scaled and jumped off whilst playing his ankh guitar... This somewhat flawed rehearsal footage (which is missing the flame throwers and other elements) is the only known footage that survives. A slight glimpse of what the full live experience was like. Abt 7:40 for the pyramid climb/jump..

    Holy S**t! That looks so dangerous (and a bit Spinal Tap) 😆

  • @cuscolima said:
    The solo of Cory Henry in Lingus by Snarky Puppy (stating at 4:19)

    That is just fucking exceptional and humbling in equal measure.

  • McDMcD
    edited July 14

    @BroCoast said:

    @McD said:
    Billy Cobham - Fibes Drumset (the plexiglass drums of that era)

    • playing left-handed on normal drum set up (Simon Phillips can do this too)

    Open-handed.

    Ringo and myself play left-handed on a right-handed drum set up. :)

    It's the left hand on the hi-hat that was innovative. Simon Phillips added this skill later in his career.
    Billy also plays the ride with it placed on the left of the small tom. Simon tends to just change hand orientation and keep the ride on the right. I think Billy's a real lefty and Simon saw the benefit of keeping the right free when playing the hi-hat. There's YouTube where Simon explains the advantage of swapping orientations depending upon the cymbal placements. He calls it "even handed".

    Open-handed does explain the advantage very well. Not crossing limbs but bringing both up to similar levels of skill and developing the right amount of independence.

    Billy ups the game by using 4 sticks on a solo:

  • FYI: @linearlineman is a lefty and I think it makes him a great keyboard bass player. I offered to script a remapping of the 88 keys with the bass on top and he didn't reply. That left hand could shred some treble solos with about 10 years of effort. Slacker.

Sign In or Register to comment.