Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

hypnopad's "Sirens of the Singularity"

iPad mini(left) is running Impaktor which is triggered by the small black pad. It is set to an appropriate scale and goes up the scale in response to loudness.

The middle iPad is running Thumbjam and is taking audio from the mic and converting it into MIDI. It is also set to an appropriate scale and my vocal pitch is (thankfully) quantized.MIDI is then sent to Music IO to send it to my MacBook Pro via lightning cable.

Right hand iPad is running a MIDI converter I made in MidiDesigner Pro 2. It converts cc info coming from Live into sysex info which the original Wavedrum needs to change parameters(pitch mainly).

My right foot pedal controls numerous things: pitches of the bass line/pad/lead/both wave drums . That single midi note is multiplied/converted/transposed/etc by multiple max for live devices.

hypnopad's demo song "Sirens of the Singularity". Live improvised electro-ambient drumscapes. No loops or backing tracks are used.

[email protected]
soundcloud.com/hypnopad

Software used:

macOS:

Ableton Live Suite with Max for Live
Music I/O

plugins:

NI prism

Max for Live devices:

step melody/trigger tune (midi round robins)

cc sender 16/midiconverter(midi conversion)

iOS apps:

thumb jam (audio to midi conversion)
impaktor (physical modeling drum synth)
midi designer pro 2 (midi conversion)
music i/o (midi via lightning cable)

Hardware:

Macbook Pro
(3)iPads
(2)Korg Wavedrums
Alternate Mode DrumKat midi controller
expressive e touche' controller
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 audio/midi interface
Roland drum trigger (triggering impaktor)
irig audio interface
mio midi interface
shark pedal

filmed with an iPhone and edited in iMovie