Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Touchscaper from Moodscaper

Comments

• +1 to dat

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    That said, I still have no idea why @moodscaper seems to resistant to allowing people to either have midi out or be able to ?use custom sounds... it’s so obvious, but never seems to happen. Midi out of this thing with MPE for the x/y touch dimensions would make it one of the best, easiest to use, and most expressive midi controllers on the planet...

>
    In all honesty, there's no resistance, it's really just a case of only being able to work on one thing at a time. In the case of touchscaper, (unlike the other 'scaper apps) it was designed from the ground-up to be MIDI-capable. Under the hood, the main touch instrument, ribbon controllers (and new) sequencer are all using MIDI to do their thang. So... it's "simply" a case of exposing that... On the one hand I have lots people demanding AU, but I'm actually more excited about implementing MIDI out ;) Custom sounds is also something I wanted to make possible, and this time round, the underlying sounds are in a more "industry standard" format, so that's a definite possibility too.

Of course, I hate to say it, but I'm just one guy, juggling lots of things, so can't put definite timelines on anything, but this is where we are right now. I really do appreciate the recommendation and kind words - BIG THANKS!

Cheers, -Rob

• @moodscaper said:

Of course, I hate to say it, but I'm just one guy, juggling lots of things, so can't put definite timelines on anything, but this is where we are right now. I really do appreciate the recommendation and kind words - BIG THANKS!

Cheers, -Rob

We're all pulling for ya Rob, thanks for doing all that you do. I'll add a +1 to MIDI and AU and it is encouraging to hear that MIDI out is maybe a short term possibility, since that would shortcut the need for custom sounds perhaps a little bit.

• yep great to hear that response!

hopefully in this order, midi out, custom sounds, AU

• Thank you rob!! Such a magnificent application and the future looks great for this scaper

• AU Plugin and MIDI Out would make this actually a must have tool 😳

• @moodscaper said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    That said, I still have no idea why @moodscaper seems to resistant to allowing people to either have midi out or be able to ?use custom sounds... it’s so obvious, but never seems to happen. Midi out of this thing with MPE for the x/y touch dimensions would make it one of the best, easiest to use, and most expressive midi controllers on the planet...

>
    In all honesty, there's no resistance, it's really just a case of only being able to work on one thing at a time. In the case of touchscaper, (unlike the other 'scaper apps) it was designed from the ground-up to be MIDI-capable. Under the hood, the main touch instrument, ribbon controllers (and new) sequencer are all using MIDI to do their thang. So... it's "simply" a case of exposing that... On the one hand I have lots people demanding AU, but I'm actually more excited about implementing MIDI out ;) Custom sounds is also something I wanted to make possible, and this time round, the underlying sounds are in a more "industry standard" format, so that's a definite possibility too.

Cheers, -Rob

Thanks Rob. Maybe “resistance “ was too strong (considering the “implications “ of that word...sadly).

But it sounds like patience will be rewarded. 😁

As far as AU goes, seems like something that will be hard to pull off. This needs full screen. I get that iaa is dead man walking, but this as a resizing AU? Weird... why not just have an AU helper app that can interface with full app so audio and midi can be routed over it?

I’ll slip you a iap/bribe if you make midi out happen first!🤪

• @david_2017 said:
    AU Plugin and MIDI Out would make this actually a must have tool 😳

It’s already must have!

• edited December 2019

Wow, I just got this and have never not regretted a purchase so quickly! Could wish for more scales, like non typical scales but otherwise super happy with this. Thank you!

P.S. what are the little elliptical dots that look like voting machine dots in the 3rd row just below the pattern selector in the sequencer window ?

• edited December 2019

Thanks guys! Somewhere down on the to-do list, there's an "add more scales" item! In the meantime, it's possible to effectively have whatever scale you like if you go into the scene advanced view. You do need to know the notes though.

The little dots are active step indicators - they should highlight when you're in play mode.

Regarding AU, yeah... the "touch" part of touchscaper kinda becomes redundant when running as an AU from a UI perspective as it was originally conceived as being all about touch. However, since I've added support for simple touches as sequencer events, that could grow and even become a bit more sophisticated. Idea being that what is currently the sequencer view, could end up also becoming the AU UI and perhaps even the iPhone UI as and when the app goes universal. Still thrashing ideas around to be honest so all suggestions / ideas gratefully received! :)

• @moodscaper said:

Regarding AU, yeah... the "touch" part of touchscaper kinda becomes redundant when running as an AU from a UI perspective as it was originally conceived as being all about touch. However, since I've added support for simple touches as sequencer events, that could grow and even become a bit more sophisticated. Idea being that what is currently the sequencer view, could end up also becoming the AU UI and perhaps even the iPhone UI as and when the app goes universal. Still thrashing ideas around to be honest so all suggestions / ideas gratefully received! :)

You know what will help your thought process? Adding midi out. 🤪

• How did i forget to buy this gem😳
    My next app purchase for sure! Waiting for Christmas giftcards 😌❤️ Midi out will be awesome!!

Love all your apps! Guitarscaper is my super favorite right now and i use everyday! Its the app that totally sends me into outerspace sort of speak, as it really takes away all my stress and lets me relax when i need to slow down my brain and take a nap or sleep. It’s been so awesome for that and thank you for making all your apps!

@moodscaper said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

>

Cheers, -Rob

• Is this on any one else's Christmas sale list? :smile:
    For those who have purchased it, do you still find yourself using it regularly?

• @inakarmacoma said:
    Is this on any one else's Christmas sale list? :smile:
    For those who have purchased it, do you still find yourself using it regularly?

Bought in this sale: it's pure joy! Go on

• @Sinthemau said:

Hmm, interesting! On the appSliced website, I'm only seeing a price increase. Are you seeing different where you're at?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    How did i forget to buy this gem😳

Thats easy to explain: There is no link to the App Store :) ;)

• @inakarmacoma said:

@Sinthemau said:

Hmm, interesting! On the appSliced website, I'm only seeing a price increase. Are you seeing different where you're at?

I have it now at 8,99 €

• Version: 1.3.3 is out:

• Added optional shuffle / swing percentages (accessible from tempo / metronome view)
    • Added option to copy and paste arrangement sections (popular feature request)
    • Added option for variable latency / buffer setting (from advanced settings)
    • Fix for potential crash when generating chords for a scene

I know a few folks were experiencing issues with clicks and pops on older generation iPads, so hopefully this update will help with that. The additional shuffle settings didn't quite make it into the last update, so hopefully these will be of interest. While the new settings are based on a classic 80's drum machine, I added an additional option for 60% which sounded to me like a sweet spot for mid-tempo dance grooves when 58% isn't quite enough and 62% is a bit too much :-) - please let me know what you think.

Just to confirm MIDI things are still in progress - thanks for your patience! Thanks also for all the support so far and please do consider leaving a rating or review if you can spare the time - it really does help and is much appreciated. Also, if you're interested in helping shape new MIDI features, please do get in touch via the website or Facebook page and start a discussion on what you'd like to see and how it could be implemented - I'm just a one-man-band, but that means you get a greater say in how touchscaper develops! All the best, -Rob

• Coming soon..
    touchscaper - 1.3.6 sequencer touch chords

@moodscaper said:
    Quick demo of a new sequencer feature coming in 1.3.6. In chord mode, the sequencer will generate touch events for the current chord notes in the octave specified. In this demo, the touch sequence is the same - I'm just changing the touch mode. I think it works well for more interesting chords - in this case, a m7 and M7 loungey vamp.

• those chords!

• Is the update up?

• Midi preview:

• Please unleashhh this beast! Wow with midi this will be one of my most used app

• @White said:
    Midi preview:

now that’s great!

• This is going to be amazing. When is it going to be ready? This and Drambo have become the apps I use the most

• @moodscaper said:

Yes, whole "touch" thing would be difficult to implement in scalable AU but sequencer should look fine

• I really want to love this app, but everything I hear from it sounds like 1980s pop. Can it do anything else?

• Hi Folks, thanks for the interest! So at long last, MIDI is coming along :smile: Thanks for your patience with this, I know lots of you guys have been super keen for me to get to this, as have I. I've done another couple of videos this morning, hopefully showing how touchscaper can be a lot of fun when controlling MPE compatible synths.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr - :smiley: well... I do quite like that sort of stuff. I usually put these demos together pretty quickly while noodling around and I guess 80's pop is just what comes out. I think once the MIDI update is out, that should open things up a bit genre-wise.

In terms of timescale... I'm hoping to get an initial MIDI out implementation out in the next week or so - free update. I'm sure there'll be plenty tweaks, fixes and enhancements after that.

• edited April 2020

I didn't know this one. It looks very nice.
    Regarding the beats per bar. Is there any limit? I can only see 5 in the picture.