Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Touchscaper from Moodscaper

Comments

• nomidiout - no

• @kobamoto said:

@rs2000 said:

@kobamoto said:
    I can't wait for him to create a SampleScaper if he chooses to do so, I know a lot of other people want one too... maybe one day it will happen, there has always been a huge hole in IOS for something like that, and you could take something like that in so many directions to differentiate it from moodscaper and the other scapers.

Isn't FieldScaper the app you're asking for?

nope. Love Fieldscaper though, but what I really want is a sampling groove box from Igor.. (one can dream)

How would your dream sampling groovebox look like then?

• edited July 2019

@kobamoto said:

what I really want is a sampling groove box from Igor..

It is not exactly a sampling groovebox and it is not from Igor but Elastic Drums has a nifty sampler you can do a lot with ryhmically. Here is Doug's demo of the sampler:

• @rs2000 said:

@kobamoto said:

@rs2000 said:

@kobamoto said:
    I can't wait for him to create a SampleScaper if he chooses to do so, I know a lot of other people want one too... maybe one day it will happen, there has always been a huge hole in IOS for something like that, and you could take something like that in so many directions to differentiate it from moodscaper and the other scapers.

nope. Love Fieldscaper though, but what I really want is a sampling groove box from Igor.. (one can dream)

I'm not too finicky really... could make it anything, as long as it included an 80% less convoluted workflow 'feel' than bm3, and include extensive slicing, sample editing, and fx for mangling samples besides the tired ole reverb, delay, bit crush...(not that those aren't cool, but I'm talking stuff like frequency dividers, time manglers, pitch manglers, randomizers (not unlike elastic drums but with more mangling goodness to randomize.... and something that made it easy to print whatever fx/ sample mangling you happened to be doing at the moment into a new sample... then throw a gang of P. locks on it, chill and serve....
    lastly allow it to sample from your iTunes library, but like the old bm2 allow you to audition the sample before you load it into the app..... that's not really everything but if it's got comprehensive resampling by allowing you to set the # of bars etc... I wouldn't even need layering cause it would be so quick to just slice, combine, repeat...

• @Simon said:

@kobamoto said:

what I really want is a sampling groove box from Igor..

It is not exactly a sampling groovebox and it is not from Igor but Elastic Drums has a nifty sampler you can do a lot with ryhmically. Here is Doug's demo of the sampler:

yessir, I'm steeped in the divinity of this one!

• @kobamoto said:

@rs2000 said:

@kobamoto said:

@rs2000 said:

@kobamoto said:

I'm not too finicky really... could make it anything, as long as it included an 80% less convoluted workflow 'feel' than bm3, and include extensive slicing, sample editing, and fx for mangling samples besides the tired ole reverb, delay, bit crush...(not that those aren't cool, but I'm talking stuff like frequency dividers, time manglers, pitch manglers, randomizers (not unlike elastic drums but with more mangling goodness to randomize.... and something that made it easy to print whatever fx/ sample mangling you happened to be doing at the moment into a new sample... then throw a gang of P. locks on it, chill and serve....
    lastly allow it to sample from your iTunes library, but like the old bm2 allow you to audition the sample before you load it into the app..... that's not really everything but if it's got comprehensive resampling by allowing you to set the # of bars etc... I wouldn't even need layering cause it would be so quick to just slice, combine, repeat...

I must say that Groove Rider plus AudioShare for IAA FX and TwistedWave for AUv3 FX is already very close to what you describe.

• So what’s up with Touchscaper?

Any ETA?

Beta testers having fun with this?

Is this thread hopelessly derailed?

• @CracklePot said:
    So what’s up with Touchscaper?

Any ETA?

sorry bout that.

• @kobamoto said:

@CracklePot said:
    So what’s up with Touchscaper?

Any ETA?

sorry bout that.

Lol, no worries.
    I have been known to go off-topic, too.
    B)

• edited August 2019

-

• edited August 2019

Sounds musical to me. Interesting to see the filesize of the app and the samples its being shipped with...

Like that you can get really something quickly to run with it.

• @Halftone said:
    Out now

Not yet in UK ?

• Touchscaper with a bit of Roxsyn hot sauce

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Halftone said:
    Out now

Not yet in UK ?

Search for pianoscaper & you’ll find it at the bottom

• Hmm its not AU right?

And does anybody know if the piano sounds come with this thing without additional purchase needed (some sort of, if you already own pianoscaper you can use the sounds in here too)

• @david_2017 said:
    Hmm its not AU right?

And does anybody know if the piano sounds come with this thing without additional purchase needed (some sort of, if you already own pianoscaper you can use the sounds in here too)

It’s IAA and it does include some sounds from guitarscaper & pianoscaper

• @barabajagal said:

@david_2017 said:
    Hmm its not AU right?

It’s IAA and it does include some sounds from guitarscaper &

Thanks man! Have to wrestle a bit due lack of AUv3. My „don’t buy any non-AU stuff anymore“ rule ;)

• Thanks man! Have to wrestle a bit due lack of AUv3. My „don’t buy any non-AU stuff anymore“ rule ;)

Works fine in AUM as long as you open touchscaper before launching AUM.

• edited August 2019

I seem to remember Rob writing something about AUv3 coming during Doug's live stream...but I may have dreamt that... :)

Edit: No, I didn't dream it, he said:

"AUV3 definitely on the to do list. just not 1.0.0"

• @lasselu said:
    I seem to remember Rob writing something about AUv3 coming during Doug's live stream...but I may have dreamt that... :)

Edit: No, I didn't dream it, he said:

"AUV3 definitely on the to do list. just not 1.0.0"

No disrespect (to anyone), but I've sometimes found in certain lines of endeavor that anything not on the top of the list isn't on the list :)

• Hi folks - thanks for the interest!

Re AUM, I was able to launch touchscaper from AUM OK, this was on iOS 12.4, and all seemed to work fine. However, I'm sure you guys are well aware IAA is a bit of a lottery sometimes! Which brings us nicely on to...

So AUv3 is in the pipeline for sure. Also, I'm hoping the implementation will be a bit different / interesting as you're probably getting the vibe that this isn't really a traditional "keyboard" type app. There are a couple of (maybe) cool "performance" (as in musical, not CPU) type things that I'd really like to get out first, and then Audio Unit and MIDI is top priority. I guess realistically this will likely be after the dust has settled on iOS 13. Cheers, -Rob

• edited August 2019

@moodscaper said:
    Audio Unit and MIDI is top priority.

Bought after reading promise! AU3 version with hold, and midi out, would be top.

• Promise of AUv3 = David pulls the trigger 👍🏼
    Thanks man!!! @moodscaper

• @moodscaper said:
    ...then Audio Unit and MIDI is top priority. I guess realistically this will likely be after the dust has settled on iOS 13. Cheers, -Rob

Great! Love the rest of the scapers btw...

• Beautiful sounds and musical! AUv3 and midi out would be icing on cake. Thanks for a great app!

• Keyboard Ribbon Added. Loving this app.

• New update coming soon.

• Anybody on the fence about this... just buy it! This is one of those apps like Shoom, the TC apps, GeoShred, etc that deserve to be rewarded for using the the touch interface in unique ways.

That said, I still have no idea why @moodscaper seems to resistant to allowing people to either have midi out or be able to use custom sounds... it’s so obvious, but never seems to happen. Midi out of this thing with MPE for the x/y touch dimensions would make it one of the best, easiest to use, and most expressive midi controllers on the planet...

Here’s hoping I guess...