Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best iPhone DAW for audio recording??

I just grabbed an apogee one for a great deal and I didn’t expect to like it so much. It’s AA battery power and built in mic are so useful. It seems nearly perfect for a portable iOS interface.

I’m usually desktop or iPad only for vocal/song recording but now I’m thinking iPhone also with this level of compactness. I know the majority of my plug ins aren’t available Fabfilter etc but I’d like to know y’alls thoughts on the best iPhone DAW for audio recording and editing (midi isn’t the priority for me with this). Typically I’m in Auria. Love it’s bussing or Cubasis, love its ease of use.

Any ideas for comparable DAW for iPhone? And what are the best Iphone plugins for y’all? Eq, comp, reverb, delay, limiters etc. Thanks for your help!

«1

Comments

  • Multitrack DAW. No midi but it is lightweight and elegant for tracking and simple editing/mixing.

  • If you are looking for an all in one, maybe garageband? Can host AUV3 and IAA. There are some workarounds for bussing I think.

    My traditional workflow on iPhone has been BeatMaker 2 -> AUM (with plugins) for mixing.

  • @espiegel123 said:
    Multitrack DAW. No midi but it is lightweight and elegant for tracking and simple editing/mixing.

    Thanks for the suggestion! Does it allow auv3’s?

  • @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @espiegel123 said:
    Multitrack DAW. No midi but it is lightweight and elegant for tracking and simple editing/mixing.

    Thanks for the suggestion! Does it allow auv3’s?

    Yes. Also supports Audiobus.

  • @ipadbeatmaking : Audio Evolution Mobile also works on iPhone, but I don't have much experience with it. It has a lot more features than MT Daw. But MT Daw has been so reliable and easy to use for me that MT Daw, Garage Band and/or Loopy are what I am most likely to use on my phone since they are laid out well for it. But I don't use my phone for more than sketching or quick capturing ideas while I'm on the run.

  • Best "daw" stagelight
    Favorite daw like option., Modular daw system we are calling it now believe ,..xequence and AUM or ab3 as a team

  • edited July 11

    My choice, for multitrack audio recording on iPhone, would be Beatmaker 2 . Until you dont's start mess with IAA it's pretty stable, contains basic set of useable build-in plugins (eq, delay, filter, reverb) - not top notch quality but can be used .. it has buses (unlimited number !), track lanes (very handy for recording multiple takes)

    In my opinion for audio tracks recording, editing, arranging is BM2 even better than BM3 (i mean on ipad)

    Another option not mentioned here is Presonus Capture
    https://www.presonus.com/products/capture-for-ipad

  • I mainly stick with garageband on the phone for audio tracks. Works fine and is very stable.

    My biggest complaint with GB is the lack of a one tap stem export feature. It’s doable but is a pain to export lots of stems.

  • Audio Evolution Mobile is the best iPhone DAW in my opinion.

  • edited July 11

    Audio tracks and Iphone?

    Ns2

  • @OnfraySin said:
    Audio tracks and Iphone?

    Ns2

    :lol:

  • @OnfraySin said:
    Audio tracks and Iphone?

    Ns2

    Raunchy. Lol

  • @DCJ said:
    Audio Evolution Mobile is the best iPhone DAW in my opinion.

    Im not able to get it to let me hear myself when recording. When I hit software monitor in preferences and close it, it keeps resetting to unchecked. Any ideas? I’d like to hear myself as I record if possible

  • edited July 11

    I never even looked at BM2 as a contender for this, but now I’m curious about it. Very interesting @dendy that presonus app looks nice. Wish it was available on iPhone too

  • edited July 11

    @ipadbeatmaking said:
    I never even looked at BM2 as a contender for this, but now I’m curious about it.

    I made lot of tracks with BM2 - mostly audio tracks based - lot of sampling from external HW synths, lot of busses, FX's - and workflow was pretty smooth, i was very satisfied ..

    Very interesting @dendy that presonus app looks nice. Wish it was available on iPhone too

    Oohh .. i thought it is available on iPhone, my mistake sorry

  • @dendy said:

    @ipadbeatmaking said:
    I never even looked at BM2 as a contender for this, but now I’m curious about it.

    I made lot of tracks with BM2 - mostly audio tracks based - lot of sampling from external HW synths, lot of busses, FX's - and workflow was pretty smooth, i was very satisfied ..

    How do you think it’d do with vocals? Have u tried Audio Evolution?

    Very interesting @dendy that presonus app looks nice. Wish it was available on iPhone too

    Oohh .. i thought it is available on iPhone, my mistake sorry

    It looks incredible. Might just grab it for iPad.

  • @klownshed said:
    I mainly stick with garageband on the phone for audio tracks. Works fine and is very stable.

    My biggest complaint with GB is the lack of a one tap stem export feature. It’s doable but is a pain to export lots of stems.

    Thanks for the suggestion I’m gonna experiment with it right now

  • edited July 12

    n-Track Pro (non subscription version).

  • @NoiseHorse said:
    n-Track Pro (non subscription version).

    N-track is extremely slept on and it’s actualy really really nice. Idk why it doesn’t get many mentions

  • For phones:

    MultitrackDAW is so fricken easy to use!

    AudioEvolution is the whole package midi plugins etc

    Stagelight is great for loops and composition and pretty decent built in sounds.

  • @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @NoiseHorse said:
    n-Track Pro (non subscription version).

    N-track is extremely slept on and it’s actualy really really nice. Idk why it doesn’t get many mentions

    It really is very nice.

  • @ipadbeatmaking said:
    I never even looked at BM2 as a contender for this, but now I’m curious about it.

    same here, but yesterday I just downloaded the 'last compatible version' to my iPhone 3gs (IOS 6.1.6) and worked quite smooth with no noticable lag. B)
    I prefer Multitrack DAW for pure audio recording, but BM2 provides some nice extra options with the pads. The interface is well implemented.

  • Bugger about BM2, it's sound shop is disfunctional now.

  • edited July 12

    this is good example why i think BM3 was step backward in may details compared to BM2

    Here you can have multiple lanes of same audio track (purple one in screenshot bellow), with different audio recordings playimg together ! And in individual pattern you can have automatissriom of effects on that track - all can be moved independently on timeline !!

    Great stuff, very handy. i used it a lot and was shocked when i realised all this was dropped in BM3.. Thete is at the moment no other DAW on iOS with thus funcionality related to audio tracks

    Another cool thing, especially on iPhone, are drag handles (first introduced on iOS in NS1), thanks to them even on small iphone screen is movimg or resizimg items on timeline veey easy ..

  • I know I sound like a broken record, but it's also the only iOS DAW with rudimentary MIDI sync slaving. 10 years after its release!

  • @SevenSystems said:
    I know I sound like a broken record, but it's also the only iOS DAW with rudimentary MIDI sync slaving. 10 years after its release!

    Indeed!
    Unbelievable.

  • BM 2 all the way for fully fledged, maybe garage band I'm not sure you can call that a daw. There may be other options for just getting audio down with basic sequencing / strucure loopy or AUM coupled with some other bits.

  • So maybe this is the time for Intua (if they are still functioning) to ditch BM3, and finally focus on BM2 :D

  • @Jose_Bee said:
    , maybe garage band I'm not sure you can call that a daw.

    GarageBand is far more powerful than it may first appear and a DAW it most certainly is. It obviously has limitations but can host auv3s and has live loops for Ableton style clip launching which can be recorded into the timeline.

    I use it a fair bit as it’s by far the best route to Logic on a Mac.

    On the iPad it has serious competition. On the iPhone? Not so much

    AUM coupled with some other bits.

    If somebody made a single track audio editor for AUM that would be awesome. I’d buy something like Atom for audio no doubt.

  • @klownshed said:

    If somebody made a single track audio editor for AUM that would be awesome. I’d buy something like Atom for audio no doubt.

    +1

Sign In or Register to comment.