Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Enso, solid purchase (esp for use with Tube AU)?

2»

Comments

• @BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:
    For those that have the notion that Audiobus/IAA means inconvenient or cumbersome:

Note: there’ll be a couple of other videos to accompany this. One to show how to set it up (for those to whom it isn’t obvious) and another with a bit more detail about the process.

This is in no way a dis at Enso which I love for the many unique things it can do. For some things, other tools make more sense. Btw, Loopy and Enso can play very well together. Putting Enso on Loopy returns for loop manipulation is awesome.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Great vid. I had a hunch you were the Edward Spiegel that did the Meta Synth videos. I came across them not long ago after realising Jackson Fourgeaud used Meta Synth a lot on his Computerband stuff.

:smile:

• @espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:
    For those that have the notion that Audiobus/IAA means inconvenient or cumbersome:

Note: there’ll be a couple of other videos to accompany this. One to show how to set it up (for those to whom it isn’t obvious) and another with a bit more detail about the process.

This is in no way a dis at Enso which I love for the many unique things it can do. For some things, other tools make more sense. Btw, Loopy and Enso can play very well together. Putting Enso on Loopy returns for loop manipulation is awesome.

Great vid. I had a hunch you were the Edward Spiegel that did the Meta Synth videos. I came across them not long ago after realising Jackson Fourgeaud used Meta Synth a lot on his Computerband stuff.

Yes, many thanks for this!!!

The text was a bit fast for me...

• @tja said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:

Yes, many thanks for this!!!

The text was a bit fast for me...

Thanks for the feedback. I recommend using pause if it is needed. It is really hard to find the right speed for text. People read at such different rates. Was there particular text that was too fast or all of it.

There will be a more in-depth video that will go at a slower pace. One of the challenges for me was fitting everything to the length of the jam--I considered having no explanatory text and just the jam. I wonder if that might have been a better choice.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.