Updating iOS on my Ipad Pro but dont want to on Air2. Turn off auto sync?

Last time I updated iOS on one device the other ipad automatically updated the iOS too. How do I turn this auto update sync off?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• @stormbeats said:
    Last time I updated iOS on one device the other ipad automatically updated the iOS too. How do I turn this auto update sync off?
    Thanks in advance.

I believe it’s as simple as turning off the automatic updates in the General -> Software Update area in the Settings. I keep the automatic updates off, and I also have two iPads. One never updates for me just because the other was updated.

• @stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance.

The auto-update feature is in Settings. I would recommend turning it off on both devices. There are occasional OS releases that break a lot of audio stuff. IMO, it is wise to wait until early-adopters have reported what is working.

• I actually use my commuting iPad as an early adopter itself. Then when the coast is clear I cautiously update my 12.9 at home. That way I can test the new os updates with my actual setup before committing my main music iPad to the update.