Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App challenge 003 - obsidian (ns2) edit

2»

Comments

• Alright. Got a little frustrated with D1 not bouncing... but we did a live bounce in AB through Audioshare and now all is well!

I approached this one differently. I love programming synths, but I knew if I tried to make everything from scratch in Obsidian (with all its options) in the short window I had (my personal window, not the competition window), I'd never finish and I'd end up being too hard on myself. So I loaded a couple of sounds I made before and then simply tweaked presets to my desire. I tried to just be fluid and followed whatever I stumbled on to see where it would take me. I approached this more like a carefree exercise to see what would happen if I spent an hour making a track without overthinking. There's no real mixing and most of the processors are stock NS2 plugin to keep CPU minimal.

Also... how the F*** do I do automation with Obsidian? Why can't I just record and tweak when "touch" is enabled? To me, the manual is not clear on how this works. Would love for someone to point out what I'm missing.... you know who you are :D

• @dendy said:

Nice one, a bit psychedelic - which i very much like :)

I mostly used presets, especially for the drums
    Also the crunchy bass is total preset.

Muehehe, thanks, this means now I also contributed to this challenge, at least like preset author :lol: :lol:

Thanks! I do like drugs haha. Was that bass preset yours? I absolutely love it, it’s an acid wonderland to play with

• @DCJ
    Also... how the F*** do I do automation with Obsidian?

You can automate macro knobs and XY pad - that's their purpose. You need map one or more synth params to macro knob and then you can automate

• edited July 2019

@JackDwyerburger said:
    . Was that bass preset yours? I absolutely love it, it’s an acid wonderland to play with

yup, i did few factory presets, this one too :-) I'm glad it inspired you ;)

• edited July 2019

This was little bit experiment because i used more sampling and resampling than usually...

drums - basic drum loop created from sounds made completely from scratch in Obsidian from basic oscillators, then resampled to loop, loop loaded to Obsidian and mangled using sample start automation (those glitch- like effects) and other modulations (filter, pitch)

bell like sounds at beginning - windchime on my neigbour's door, sampled with iPhone, heavily modulated in Obsidian, again lot of my favourite sample offset modulation used..

rest is pure Obsidian synthesis, and just build in FXs

• Good jams here fellas!!!.
    I've been unsuccessful at this one cuz I've had very little iPad time with work / fam and been mostly creating on my iPhone on the go...
    Deff digging what everyone made here!!!
    Anyone else come up with something??