Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hosts with their own midi learn for AU

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

  • Both AUM and Audiobus can MIDI map AU parameters.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 7

    Neither ApeMatrix, AUM ,AB3 can do that for now. They list the exposed AU parameters and from there you assign midi learn CC.

  • @EyeOhEss said:

    @skrat said:
    Both AUM and Audiobus can MIDI map AU parameters.

    Thanks :) Audiobus is outside my workflow/needs right now. But I have AUM, is midi learn fast in AUM? Like simply ‘tap au gui knob. Then just wiggle hardware knob’?

    No, I don't think it's possible with current AU limitations, not even on desktop with VST AFAIK.

  • @EyeOhEss said:
    Can’t check right now and can’t remember if I’ve used au settings/gui or host settings/gui in past when mapping when in a host. Pretty sure the former tho?

    apeMatrix definitely offers both MIDI learn and manually entering CC numbers for all available AU parameters.

  • @EyeOhEss said:

    @skrat said:
    Both AUM and Audiobus can MIDI map AU parameters.

    Thanks :) Audiobus is outside my workflow/needs right now. But I have AUM, is midi learn fast in AUM? Like simply ‘tap au gui knob. Then just wiggle hardware knob’?

    The MIDI Learn in latest version of AB3 is the shiznit. Seriously. Check out the manual at least.

  • @rs2000 said:

    @EyeOhEss said:
    Can’t check right now and can’t remember if I’ve used au settings/gui or host settings/gui in past when mapping when in a host. Pretty sure the former tho?

    apeMatrix definitely offers both MIDI learn and manually entering CC numbers for all available AU parameters.

    Just to clarify the possible confusion - I think OP wants to be able to e.g. triple tap any button / fader / knob in AU interface and activate MIDI learn for that element. This is only possible if the AU itself supports it, but the host app has no way to enable such feature for AUs. Hosts obtain a list of controllable parameters from the AU and those can be MIDI mapped by the host, but not inside the AU GUI. Yes, it would be super-handy, but also super-complicated to implement into AU (or any plugins) standard, so I won't believe this will be possible in near future even on desktop...

  • Since hosts know what parameter is tweaked (else they could not offer record-automation) ,they could offer that feature “easily”, pressing learn button ,tweaking the parameter from the GUI ,tweaking the hardware knob and ready for action .
    I am not sure what happens in the iOS modular hosts (AB3,AUM,ApeMatrix)

  • @Korakios said:
    Since hosts know what parameter is tweaked (else they could not offer record-automation) ,they could offer that feature “easily”, pressing learn button ,tweaking the parameter from the GUI ,tweaking the hardware knob and ready for action .
    I am not sure what happens in the iOS modular hosts (AB3,AUM,ApeMatrix)

    Actually, this is pretty good idea :)

Sign In or Register to comment.