Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New AU3 plugin: Tube AU - Play YouTube videos inside of audio unit hosts

Comments

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    @Blue_Mangoo
    Thanks for the info.
    I would have thought these changes are passed down since many third party apps that intend to bring several streaming sites under one roof reliant on them. Guess it comes down to some legal issues at the end.

OT:
    Any word on multichannel AU (side chain) support? AUM is about to roll out an update with support on host side?

Enjoy your holidays :)

Oh... That’s great news. We will have to update our compressor app!!

What should tube AU do with multichannel?

I mentioned it regarding your comp.
    But for a video playback app I could imagine some related parameters exposed like transparency, saturation, color balance, pixelation etc for some visual fun :)

They could be automated or pinged by a side chain signal.

Hehe, one can dream...

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@Blue_Mangoo
    Thanks for the info.
    I would have thought these changes are passed down since many third party apps that intend to bring several streaming sites under one roof reliant on them. Guess it comes down to some legal issues at the end.

OT:
    Any word on multichannel AU (side chain) support? AUM is about to roll out an update with support on host side?

But for a video playback app I could imagine some related parameters exposed like transparency, saturation, color balance, pixelation etc for some visual fun :)

Hehe, one can dream...

I see.

I have been dreaming of a proper iOS sidechain for so long. I would really love to see it happen.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@Blue_Mangoo
    Thanks for the info.

OT:

Hehe, one can dream...

I see.

I have been dreaming of a proper iOS sidechain for so long. I would really love to see it happen.

Auria Pro is adding it, too. And I think I read that another iOS DAW added it or is in beta.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@Blue_Mangoo
    Thanks for the info.

OT:

Hehe, one can dream...

I see.

Auria Pro is adding it, too. And I think I read that another iOS DAW added it or is in beta.

I am looking for where I can read details about how to support it. Does it function as it does in desktop audio units or do the audio inputs have to be configured in a kluge way?

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@Blue_Mangoo
    Thanks for the info.

OT:

Hehe, one can dream...

I see.

I am looking for where I can read details about how to support it. Does it function as it does in desktop audio units or do the audio inputs have to be configured in a kluge way?

It seems that it isn't a kluge. I'd suggest contacting @j_liljedahl , AUM"s creator. AU can also have multi-out which would be nice for Drum Session.

• Yep, my understanding as well.
    Some plugins have it already in, other may need to enable the feature, other may need to add it. Multichannel AU is/was an option from the beginning, but without support on host side, f.e DDMF NYCompressor is out for years with SC inputs, but no host had access to them.
    Now it works with latest AUM beta without an update.

• edited January 2020

I like how the other daws could have added it any time but have all waited until AUM did it. Ridiculous.

• @gregsmith said:
    I like how the other daws could have added it any time but have all waited until AUM did it. Ridiculous.

To be fair it’s all evolving in its own pace, which is normal.
    AU isn’t around for that long, first for fxs to be able to use multiple instances, than synths for the same reasons than midi AU which was more important/demanded than multichannel AU.
    Few years ago stable midi communication between apps or sync was a dream.
    Slowly we’re getting there. Quite remarkable considering it was meant to be an OS for a phone.

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@gregsmith said:

To be fair it’s all evolving in its own pace, which is normal.
    AU isn’t around for that long, first for fxs to be able to use multiple instances, than synths for the same reasons than midi AU which was more important/demanded than multichannel AU.
    Few years ago stable midi communication between apps or sync was a dream.
    Slowly we’re getting there. Quite remarkable considering it was meant to be an OS for a phone.

Yeah definitely and it’s great that we’ve got people like @Michael @j_liljedahl blazing the way for everyone else.

• @gregsmith said:

I communicated privately with another DAW developer who said they were working on it half a year ago. AUM probably wasn’t the first to think of it, just first to announce

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

yeh, it’s not like developers say, “whoops AUM is gonna have multi channel, I guess we better flip that switch too now. OK, done. Whew.” Software development takes time.

• @wim said:
    yeh, it’s not like developers say, “whoops AUM is gonna have multi channel, I guess we better flip that switch too now. OK, done. Whew.”

Good point. I didn’t factor in dev time

• Still crashing like a one-eyed alcoholic pensioner.. come on dev, sort it out...

• @jangomango18 said:
    Still crashing like a one-eyed alcoholic pensioner.. come on dev, sort it out...

Tet holiday just ended on Thursday. So up to now, we have only had two working days to address the issue. I may crazy enough be reading this forum seven days a week but my employees have lives and families and follow office hours and public holidays.

• @jangomango18 said:
    Still crashing like a one-eyed alcoholic pensioner.. come on dev, sort it out...

No problems over here.

• Crashing every other video here too—just got the app. Are there tricks to help tame it?

• @ohwell said:
    Crashing every other video here too—just got the app. Are there tricks to help tame it?

It just depends which video you play. We ARE working on it, but due to the long public holiday we didn’t start right away when we got the first bug report.

• A little experiment to see if I could get Miles to play on a jam with me direct from a YouTube stream without sampling and editing. I guess that’s what you do on a rainy summer Saturday afternoon when you live in the future

https://youtu.be/AsJqONIgk1E

• Working here. Have it in AB recording into AudioShare. iPad 11, latest iOS.

• Is it normal that when I minimise it to sample the audio stop working?

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Is it normal that when I minimise it to sample the audio stop working?

Yeah it’s normal, it has to be in the foreground

• @JackDwyerburger said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Is it normal that when I minimise it to sample the audio stop working?

Yeah it’s normal, it has to be in the foreground

Thank you👍

• Before I hit the ‘Buy’ Button, I guess you can record the audio in AUM?

Sorry, if it’s been addressed before..

Thanks..

• @RajahP said:
    Before I hit the ‘Buy’ Button, I guess you can record the audio in AUM?

Sorry, if it’s been addressed before..

Thanks..

Yes!

• It works so flawlessly that it feels criminal.

• Thanks.. much appreciate.

• This wonderful tool has given me hours and hours of samples

• Aside from the technical feasibility, do YouTube and/or Apple have any rules that apply to developers and/or users of apps such as this? Walk me through this.

As someone who has released music on video in an effort to collect some ad income (don't ask me how that went!), I'm a little troubled by how easy this makes it to bypass the ads. Philosophically, I think giving stuff away pays for itself in the long run, but this still seems like an exploit.

• edited March 2020

@mojozart said:
    Aside from the technical feasibility, do YouTube and/or Apple have any rules that apply to developers and/or users of apps such as this? Walk me through this.

As someone who has released music on video in an effort to collect some ad income (don't ask me how that went!), I'm a little troubled by how easy this makes it to bypass the ads. Philosophically, I think giving stuff away pays for itself in the long run, but this still seems like an exploit.

@mojozart Exploit - :) Troubled :)

• So glad I found this app. Its not perfect but works great.