Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New AU3 plugin: Tube AU - Play YouTube videos inside of audio unit hosts

Comments

• Back arrow and a very simple bookmark pane would be cool. Could live without the latter, but the arrow is must imo.

• @bounce said:
    Back arrow and a very simple bookmark pane would be cool. Could live without the latter, but the arrow is must imo.

Easily the biggest missing feature in the app.

• I was going to let this pass because of the risk it might be pulled, but I decided just to take a chance. It’s too cool and it works perfectly for what I want to do with it. Since you could always feed the physical audio out from ipad1 to a USB audio interface connected to ipad2, there were other ways to get the job done, but this is soooo much easier.

A big thx to the dev, and i’ll Keep my fingers crossed.

• edited July 2019

Anyone else having a problem with this again?

The video is playing fine but the audio isn’t coming through. Testing in BM3 and AUM.

Edit: working on my iPhone SE but not 2018 iPad Pro.

Weird...

• edited July 2019

@eyesunderground working fine here in bm3 & AUM

• Forgot to mention I updated to the most recent PadOS today which may very likely be the cause.

• @eyesunderground said:
    Forgot to mention I updated to the most recent PadOS today which may very likely be the cause.

Can confirm it’s broken across all my AU hosts in latest version of PadOS.

Working on my other iPad Pro that hasn’t been updated.

Also broke functionality in a few other AUs too including D1 synth so far as I can tell.

• @Blue_Mangoo Feature request: creating an AU preset bookmarks the url that's loaded.

• Yeah I’m not having any troubles with it since the update

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Yeah I’m not having any troubles with it since the update

Are you also on the very latest update of the New PadOS?

I also haven’t had any issue with the TubeAU update...until I updated to the latest PadOS.

• @bounce said:
    Back arrow and a very simple bookmark pane would be cool. Could live without the latter, but the arrow is must imo.

Agreed. This feature is implemented and ready for the next update.

• @eyesunderground said:
    Anyone else having a problem with this again?

The video is playing fine but the audio isn’t coming through. Testing in BM3 and AUM.

Edit: working on my iPhone SE but not 2018 iPad Pro.

Weird...

We haven’t tested on pad OS yet.

• @nondes said:
    @Blue_Mangoo Feature request: creating an AU preset bookmarks the url that's loaded.

Noted.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

Thanks. I usually don’t run the latest betas like that but testing with my work iPad for the desktop features.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@hei said:
    Input Level in AUM is to high.

Yeah, I noticed that it’s in the red quite often. But we are just taking the output straight from the videos without modifying the volume. Perhaps AUM marks it red before it actually clips?

I believe AUM metering is red at 0db

• This isn’t working in iPad so 13, which is fine because I don’t expect the dev to have sorted that yet - just a heads up for those of you who, like me, stupidly couldn’t wait to update to ipad os. I’m getting no sound except for the odd crunching sound.

• edited July 2019

@audio_DT said:
    This isn’t working in iPad so 13, which is fine because I don’t expect the dev to have sorted that yet - just a heads up for those of you who, like me, stupidly couldn’t wait to update to ipad os. I’m getting no sound except for the odd crunching sound.

Same here...

• edited July 2019

That’s interesting, working fine on iPados here in BM3 and AUM.

• edited July 2019

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@nondes said:
    @Blue_Mangoo Feature request: creating an AU preset bookmarks the url that's loaded.

Noted.

+1 to that. A playlist as an AU preset would be nice too.

• Glad someone cool is trying to do this. I love his other apps and this idea sounds insanely hard to pull off. Cheers and good luck the space force is with you mate.

• @AudioGus said:

@audio_DT said:
    This isn’t working in iPad so 13, which is fine because I don’t expect the dev to have sorted that yet - just a heads up for those of you who, like me, stupidly couldn’t wait to update to ipad os. I’m getting no sound except for the odd crunching sound.

Same here...

What a gud boi.

• So I just got this and it seems to work only randomly. Most videos I want to sample will simply not load or play. The only thing I’ve noticed is that the videos I’m wanting to sample are multiple hours long. Seems I have more luck with “normal length” videos but it’s hit and miss. Any word on if this will be fixed or updated? Otherwise I’m getting a refund as it’s pretty severely crippled if there’s no way to tell if the video will even play or not and you’re just shooting in the dark.

• @bounce said:
    That’s interesting, working fine on iPados here in BM3 and AUM.

Was working for me fine on the first version of PadOS I had, but broke when I installed the recent update.

• Have to say it's working flawlessly over here. 2017 iPad Pro/Latest (not beta...)

• edited July 2019

@db909 said:
    So I just got this and it seems to work only randomly. Most videos I want to sample will simply not load or play. The only thing I’ve noticed is that the videos I’m wanting to sample are multiple hours long. Seems I have more luck with “normal length” videos but it’s hit and miss. Any word on if this will be fixed or updated? Otherwise I’m getting a refund as it’s pretty severely crippled if there’s no way to tell if the video will even play or not and you’re just shooting in the dark.

It will play whatever it can load into memory. So long videos are problematic.

Also it can get messed up if corrupt data gets into the browser cache. Hard reboot usually clears that. We are working on a fix that will clear it automatically.

• I like YouTube – it’s like a visual reference library. There are obscure film noirs or strange, forgotten French films. I’ve found a lot of clips of music hall star Dan Leno and other people of his ilk. There’s even early footage of Vince Taylor, who was an English singer from Isleworth, west London, even though everyone thought he was from Hollywood. I find YouTube a good source of ideas and information regarding the music hall, for example, because it’s not easy to find – to see some live footage is enlightening. -Paul Simonon

• How’s everything going with this app now that it’s been around for awhile?

• @WillieNegus said:
    How’s everything going with this app now that it’s been around for awhile?

Love it. So nice for dropping in a quick turn in a bm3 track.

• @AudioGus said:

@WillieNegus said:

Love it. So nice for dropping in a quick turn in a bm3 track.

Gotta have it then. BT is cool but the process seems much quicker for the same content.

• @WillieNegus said:

Rock solid, love it