Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pagefall is working on something new

Comments

• Ooooh...that's looking like fun....

• yes. 100 percent yes.

• Is it ready yet? 😁

• is it a euclidean thing? wow!

I like where things are headed.

• :o OK - totally count me in.
    Just what IOS needed - a voodoo making machine :#
    Want
    Now

• edited July 2019

MIDI suites abounding. Rozeta/Moziac, StepBud/ScaleBud, Xequence AU, KB1, MIDI tools, and now this. Amazing.

• @nondes said:
    MIDI suites abounding. Rozeta/Moziac, StepBud/ScaleBud, Xequence AU, KB1, MIDI tools, and now this. Amazing.

Xequence AU? I wish! I'd pay again is the dev upgraded it to AU. That said, it's still ace - just could be even ace-r.

• @audio_DT said:

@nondes said:

Xequence AU? I wish! I'd pay again is the dev upgraded it to AU. That said, it's still ace - just could be even ace-r.

We'll Pads and Keys AU from Xequence not the Xequencer itself.

• @nondes said:

@audio_DT said:

@nondes said:

We'll Pads and Keys AU from Xequence not the Xequencer itself.

Yeah, I’ve got the drum pads au, but don’t really need the keyboard as things stand. Gonna be using xequence a lot from now on, I think. I only wish it could be au. As it happens, it would be amazing if xequence could host AUM - that would be the greatest combination ever. But this is part of the attraction for iOS to me - the apps by non-mega firms that are just really innovative, even if they don’t yet have that ‘glue’ to make everything stick together perfectly. It’s still a bit of a ‘wild west’ for music-making, but that’s part of the fun, is t it?

• Oh, this is so my cup of tea. Looking forward to playing with this one.

• I have Autony, which I like but easily slips into warbly dissonance if you're not paying attention. Is Cality generally more consonant? I haven't heard much about that lately.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I have Autony, which I like but easily slips into warbly dissonance if you're not paying attention. Is Cality generally more consonant? I haven't heard much about that lately.

Since Cality is a chord generator, you can set the scale, key, and even chord quality to make it as safe as you want it. I feel like it can be as consonant as you want it to be If I’m understanding correctly. Pretty great. I use it a lot!

• "Chord generator" — thank you. Everything I read about it referred to it only as a "midi manipulator," which is not particularly helpful.

Do you use Autony too?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    "Chord generator" — thank you. Everything I read about it referred to it only as a "midi manipulator," which is not particularly helpful.

Do you use Autony too?

Ah well, you do have to send midi to get it to generate so maybe that’s why it’s called a midi manipulator? But it generates chords based on the notes you send. I have autony as well! Don’t use it as often tho.

• OK - App of the year for me :)

• edited July 2019

@pagefell just to say that with the nicer knobs that Autony has become a fave app of mine now, its really excellent, well done. Also the general look of apps gets better and better with a distinct style. This new one looks really pretty.

• edited July 2019

thank you :-)

• This looks pretty fun

• @pagefall will you use your current beta test pool or do we have to reapply for testing? Can't wait to try this one out!

• Would love to beta this one actually

• I would really like to beta this if possible. :)

• Hoping to get a beta out today (Apple's review notwithstanding of course :-( ) - although my morning has disappeared with non music work. I was intending to ping everyone on my current list - if you weren't in the Cality Beta send me a message in the forum message system (or DM me on twitter). I'm hoping to get this out pretty quickly so planing as short a beta as I can manage so hopefully no one will be waiting long anyway.

• @pagefall said:
    Hoping to get a beta out today (Apple's review notwithstanding of course :-( ) - although my morning has disappeared with non music work. I was intending to ping everyone on my current list - if you weren't in the Cality Beta send me a message in the forum message system (or DM me on twitter). I'm hoping to get this out pretty quickly so planing as short a beta as I can manage so hopefully no one will be waiting long anyway.

I would like to beta test this

• @pagefall said:
    Hoping to get a beta out today (Apple's review notwithstanding of course :-( ) - although my morning has disappeared with non music work. I was intending to ping everyone on my current list - if you weren't in the Cality Beta send me a message in the forum message system (or DM me on twitter). I'm hoping to get this out pretty quickly so planing as short a beta as I can manage so hopefully no one will be waiting long anyway.

Sounds good. Thx!

• Ditto, would love to beta. PM sent.

• ha ha - ok - lovely for the interest but probably more than I need :-)

I want to release in a couple of days - just need a bit of feedback

I'll choose a few of you on a first come first served basis - and keep a list for the next app beta