Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Pro 2018 - Improving latency with Korg Module

Try this (in AUM or apeMatrix):

  • Ravenscroft275 alone (AUv3)....buffer size: 256-512 - no crackles
  • Ravenscroft275 (AUv3) + Korg Module(IAA)...buffer size 64-128 ...NO CRACKLES!!!👍🏻

Comments

  • My iPad Pro 2018 has gotten mysteriously more stable over the past few months..can’t put my finger on what changed. It’s kinda rock-solid

  • edited July 26

    Korg Module seems improving latency when I use it next to other AU apps in a host like AUM or apeMatrix.
    I do not why, but it works fine.

  • @Pianisto said:
    Korg Module seems improving latency when I use it next to other AU apps in a host like AUM or apeMatrix.
    I do not why, but it works fine.

    If I recall there's a latency setting for Module under the Settings app...

  • edited July 26

    You can also use Dubstation 2 delay from AudioDamage on a blank channel, no crackles at low latency for RS275 and other situations. It’s all about CPU throttling and graphics thread priority over audio.

  • @Janosax said:
    You can also use [...] no crackles at low latency for [...] situations. It’s all about CPU throttling and graphics thread priority over audio.

    This is one of those magical iOS mysteries. Has anyone done a video yet?

  • edited July 26

    @Hmtx said:

    @Janosax said:
    You can also use [...] no crackles at low latency for [...] situations. It’s all about CPU throttling and graphics thread priority over audio.

    This is one of those magical iOS mysteries. Has anyone done a video yet?

    I’ve done this one a year ago:

    Note that Dubstation2 GUI may stay closed for good results, if opened one time it will need to stay opened like in the video. May vary depending on devices and iOS versions used.

  • @janosax

    Thats simple enough, thanks!

  • @Janosax said:
    You can also use Dubstation 2 delay from AudioDamage on a blank channel, no crackles at low latency for RS275 and other situations. It’s all about CPU throttling and graphics thread priority over audio.

    It seems that some apps are able to extract more power from the CPU than others, we could make a list of these. Korg Module and Dubstation2 would be on the list.

  • edited July 27

  • I'll take a wild guess and say it's likely CPU throttling happening here. Really there must be a way to reduce the CPU throttling in iOS...but LOL there isn't. That precious oh so precious battery power ;)

Sign In or Register to comment.