Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can you sequence/program animoog keys

What I mean is, is it possible with atom /fugue machine / spa etc, to create a sequence that not only plays the notes but also will imitate sliding up/down on the animoog keys, playing it live is easy, but capturing audio isn't in AUM, well ok capturing audio is easy but arranging it into parts is not.... So I wouldn't mind have a midi sequence that plays the keys up and down how I would play it live, not randomly with lfo, but at the end of some long pads or arp sequences I like to slide up off the key to get a little movement between to add some life...

Comments

• Animoog uses PolyPressure for the sliding. I'm not aware of any iOS MIDI sequencer that supports it (Xequence included), unfortunately.

However, any "serious" desktop DAW does, if that's any help ๐Ÿ™‚

• @SevenSystems said:
    Animoog uses PolyPressure for the sliding. I'm not aware of any iOS MIDI sequencer that supports it (Xequence included), unfortunately.

well dang it! Hahah
    I figured but was worth asking as I'm not very midintelligent ๐Ÿ˜„

• You can do it with automation. Change whatever parameter in Animoog thatโ€™s assigned to poly pressure to the modwheel and automate it with Xequence or whatever

• Have you tried with Photon?

• @Sonicflux said:
    You can do it with automation. Change whatever parameter in Animoog thatโ€™s assigned to poly pressure to the modwheel and automate it with Xequence or whatever

That's an option of course, however I assumed that the OP depends on per-key control, which is only available via PP and I'm not aware of any iOS sequencer that can record and edit it...

• Don't know if this will help, but you can draw Aftertouch automation in the Cubasis midi editor (Key Editor). It's not poly (per note), though.

• edited July 2019

@inakarmacoma said:
    Have you tried with Photon?

~~It doesn't record it either. Nor does Cubasis or Auria Pro. I haven't tried GarageBand.

I think one has to treat it like an audio instrument.~~

CORRECTION: Photon records the info and Animoog responds -- but you have to turn those options on in Animoog's setup dialog (which I forgot to do when I first tested. I didn't get a chance to re-test in Auria Pro or Cubasis after realizing my setup mistake.

• Sliding the Animoog keys have been a joy for what, a decade? I think it is quite sad that this still canโ€™t be recorded as midi in other apps. Is there no MPE workaround?

Does Mozaic receive PolyPressure?

• I heard a rumor an Animoog sequel is coming....

• Appreciate the work around options, I may give em a try, I'm just really lazy when it comes to writing automation lol

• @oat_phipps said:
    I heard a rumor an Animoog sequel is coming....

Lies!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ jk but I hope this happens! Animoog is so damn good sounding

• @reasOne said:

@oat_phipps said:

It was just from a friend who attended one of those synth expos. Probably just messing with me, but I figured I'd pass on the favor.

• edited July 2019

@SevenSystems said:
    Animoog uses PolyPressure for the sliding. I'm not aware of any iOS MIDI sequencer that supports it (Xequence included), unfortunately.

Iโ€™ve managed to record it from Animoog but for some reason Animoog does not seem to receive it back upon playback of the midi recording.

• @AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

Iโ€™ve managed to record it from Animoog but for some reason Animoog does not seem to receive it back upon playback of the midi recording.

What app did you record it in?

• @espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

Previously I recorded it in Samplitude on PC. Just for shits and giggles I just tried BM3. It records it but I still cant get Animoog to receive it back....

Think I will try Reaper... always wanted to do this!

• @espiegel123 said:

@inakarmacoma said:

It doesn't record it either. Nor does Cubasis of Auria Pro. I haven't tried GarageBand.

I think one has to treat it like an audio instrument.

I goofed! Photon does record and play back the poly aftertouch AND Animoog responds. I totally forgot that you need to configure Animoog to send and respond to it.

I didn't re-test in Cubasis or AP -- but it definitely worked in Photon!

• edited July 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@inakarmacoma said:

It doesn't record it either. Nor does Cubasis of Auria Pro. I haven't tried GarageBand.

I goofed! Photon does record and play back the poly aftertouch AND Animoog responds. I totally forgot that you need to configure Animoog to send and respond to it.

Oh cool! Glad it works for you.

I could see where to set it so that Animoog sends poly pressure, but responds...?

Also I tried Cubasis but no luck.

• @AudioGus said:

@espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@inakarmacoma said:

Oh cool! Glad it works for you.

I could see where to set it so that Animoog sends poly pressure, but responds...?

Also I tried Cubasis but no luck.

I just turned on all the options on and then Photon recorded everything and Animoog responded. (I used MIDI Monitor to check that Photon was sending the stuff back out).

• @AudioGus said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

Previously I recorded it in Samplitude on PC. Just for shits and giggles I just tried BM3. It records it but I still cant get Animoog to receive it back....

Maybe BM3 doesn't send it back out due to the messed up MIDI routing?

• edited July 2019

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

Yah I just saw a post on the intua forum from a year and a half ago that said it seemed to done get broke at some point... gonsarnit...

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/30674#Comment_30674

• @oat_phipps said:

@reasOne said:

@oat_phipps said:

It was just from a friend who attended one of those synth expos. Probably just messing with me, but I figured I'd pass on the favor.

Hey I haven't given up hope yet, moog is a smart company!

• @AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

Yah I just saw a post on the intua forum from a year and a half ago that said it seemed to done get broke at some point... gonsarnit...

It sucks when you see the Poly AT recorded in there and get all excited. I remember wasting away a night trying to figure out some way of getting it to spit Poly AT back out.

• @BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

It sucks when you see the Poly AT recorded in there and get all excited. I remember wasting away a night trying to figure out some way of getting it to spit Poly AT back out.

Going to stop at half a night then. ;)

• Somehow I find> @AudioGus said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

How do you select the pitch you want to see the Aftertouch for?

• @SevenSystems said:
    Somehow I find> @AudioGus said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

Heh, yah maybe that is why it is broken too. โ€˜lets implement aftertouch!โ€™... โ€˜oh wait, hows this work?โ€™... โ€˜screw it, ship it!โ€™

• Yay, glad to hear it worked for you!

I goofed! Photon does record and play back the poly aftertouch AND Animoog responds.

• edited July 2019

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

Heh, yah maybe that is why it is broken too. โ€˜lets implement aftertouch!โ€™... โ€˜oh wait, hows this work?โ€™... โ€˜screw it, ship it!โ€™

Haha, so I reckon from your statement that it's not possible?

I have support for polyphonic Aftertouch, including full per-note editing of the data, on my plate for Xequence, it's one of the things that I still want checked off for it to be a "desktop-class sequencer" (the other two things are tempo track and time signature track).

That would also prove useful if support for MPE, Polyphonic Aftertouch's evil and slightly handicapped brother, is added some day ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @SevenSystems said:

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

Haha, so I reckon from your statement that it's not possible?

No sir, doesnt seem to be. 8(

I have support for polyphonic Aftertouch, including full per-note editing of the data, on my plate for Xequence, it's one of the things that I still want checked off for it to be a "desktop-class sequencer" (the other two things are tempo track and time signature track).

Awesome. Yah this made me realize I would get a lot more use out of Animoog and Model15 if I could sequence them fully on iOS. Looking forward to it!