Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hello Audiobus forum. Is it worth going back to iOS?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2019

@Telstar5 said:

@skrat said:
    If you value the "number of sounds and synths for money" ratio, then it's no question - there are now so many great sounding and deep synths on iOS that the only problem is to choose just few 😉. If you don't like touch interface and maybe expect being able to use hardware MIDI controller for eg live playing, then you may be disappointed. MIDI keyboards work fine though, basic stuff like pitch bend and mod wheels usually too.
    Also, if you look for all-in-one, yet extensible environment, you may be disappointed too. Currently, there is no "serious" DAW when comparing to desktop options like Ableton Live, FLstudio or the classic ones like Cubase, Pro tools, Logic... The feature rich ones are unstable and not much updated, the modular ones needs quote a lot of tedious setup for everything. If you don't mind closed environments, Korg Gadget is pretty polished (of course, nothing is perfect), probably closest to be compared with Reason.
    I recommend you to save money by buying older models with decent RAM and CPU. If you don't want to play many instruments at once, it would be a waste of money. Latest iPad pros have serious issues with audio, not worth the extra price at all, older Pros or latest regular ipad, or even air are much better choice.
    Hope that helped a bit.

@skrat : I disagree somewhat in that within NS2 there lies an independent file system of sorts which remembers and displays your auv3’s as well as the presets.. So you can in effect build your own “all in one “ quite easily a d leave it there .

I don't understand what you mean exactly, but my point was that for every DAW there is some "but". For example, NS2 is really nice, but working with audio and samples is still not complete - no audio tracks, no time stretching... Which is in virtually every desktop DAW. And actually, there are only very few apps doing proper time stretch on iOS, only Auria pro is doing it really well, some are usable (BM3) and others just use terrible quality default iOS time stretch (Beathawk).
    So there's always these "buts". For someone it may not be a problem, but if you're used to tools from desktop world, you'd be very probably disappointed.

• After having used most of the major DAW's for the last 25 years or so
    and been at the forefront of music technology during that time
    as well as being an active multi instrumentalist, composer and producer
    I would recommend iOS.

I've switched of my desktop until Winter so that I can focus on the iOS platform.

It will be frustrating, annoying but ultimately it will bring great satisfaction.
    I've been on the iOS platform for two years now.
    It's great.

• @MobileMusic said:
    With the upcoming iPadOS, iPads (with 10-hour battery) are going to cost less than laptops for some people for their workflows.

Damn, I’m lucky to get three hours of battery.

• @AudioGus said:

@MobileMusic said:
    With the upcoming iPadOS, iPads (with 10-hour battery) are going to cost less than laptops for some people for their workflows.

Maybe your iPad is old but new ones give about 10 hours.
    But 3 hours is still better than many new laptops!

• @MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

@MobileMusic said:

Maybe your iPad is old but new ones give about 10 hours.
    But 3 hours is still better than many new laptops!

Just overloading the cpu lol. If I just youtube or forum than yah ten hours probably but BM3 all jacked up on AUs is about 3 hours.

• @knewspeak said:

@ecou said:

@knewspeak said:
    I’d stay where you are for a year or two, the latest iPad Pro models for the last couple of years have been beset with problems. My 10.5 Pro is utter rubbish. Given Apple are moving to iPad OS I’d also be a little wary, unless you like being a ‘tester’.

What kind of problem? I have a 10.5 Pro and it as been pretty solid.

All the problems I had where never pro specific.

I had the sound ‘breakup’ massive latency problem initially when it was first released, and now the light spots on the screen, which appeared at about 18 months after release.

It's getting pretty pathetic when you compare an iPad 2 to a Pro and it feels like such a tank in comparison. The back of my 9.7" pro looks like it was hit by asteroids and that's just from being in a case...

Same thing with macbook pro, 2012 feels like an absolute unit compared to the later models.

• @BroCoast said:

@knewspeak said:

@ecou said:

@knewspeak said:
    I’d stay where you are for a year or two, the latest iPad Pro models for the last couple of years have been beset with problems. My 10.5 Pro is utter rubbish. Given Apple are moving to iPad OS I’d also be a little wary, unless you like being a ‘tester’.

What kind of problem? I have a 10.5 Pro and it as been pretty solid.

All the problems I had where never pro specific.

I had the sound ‘breakup’ massive latency problem initially when it was first released, and now the light spots on the screen, which appeared at about 18 months after release.

It's getting pretty pathetic when you compare an iPad 2 to a Pro and it feels like such a tank in comparison. The back of my 9.7" pro looks like it was hit by asteroids and that's just from being in a case...

Same thing with macbook pro, 2012 feels like an absolute unit compared to the later models.

All devices are faster when they are new. Manufacturers keep pumping more and more fat through updates that slow them down to a crawl over time.