Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence 2 is now available!

1565758596062»

Comments

• @Stochastically said:

@tja said:
    Don't really understand your idea, @Stochastically

Well, after your comment I thought maybe it was a kind of half-baked idea; but @sevensystems responded favorably so who knows?

Thanks, @sevensystems for your feedback. I still find that Xequence is the best UI for editing midi and any way to get my midi ideas into it faster without my usual fumbling around with various settings would be great.

Thats's why I asked about AudioBus, which can load all required Apps, can link between what you need and also has a local and a remote way to start / stop and control Apps and so on.

• @SevenSystems (am I scrolling through this thread or googling your AUM Xequencer templates) :wink:

• @audiblevideo said:
    @SevenSystems (am I scrolling through this thread or googling your AUM Xequencer templates) :wink:

:) Sorry, I've re-saved all templates with the current development version already locally, so I can't guarantee they work in the App Store version or won't break in the future if you work with them...

The good news though is that the development version should become the App Store version... shortly. :)

• It's only for the Xequence side. But if anyone wants, I have set these up
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Mody0TH8W3j5Gfp7zUXB5xhpQ8U9x8Dw?usp=sharing

• @tja said:

Thats's why I asked about AudioBus, which can load all required Apps, can link between what you need and also has a local and a remote way to start / stop and control Apps and so on.

True, and I've used that in the past but lately I'm pretty much using AUM which works so well for everything else. Also I can record midi into the new Midi Tape Recorder for further editing elsewhere and that works well. Like I said, it was just a half baked idea I threw out there. but thanks for thinking about it.

• Thanks @senhorlampada I'll try them out

• Hmr, I got stuck in Midi mapping, I cant for the life of me figure out what is going wrong.
    I’m sending CC from Xequence 2 to Moog Model D in AUM.
    Cutoff, CC74, works straight away so its set in the right midi channel (Sorry for the long video)
    But when I want to add another CC for Filter Emphasis on model D I cant get The CC ribbon in Xequence to control it.
    Is it something with Model D?
    Did I miss something?

• @_smund said:
    Hmr, I got stuck in Midi mapping, I cant for the life of me figure out what is going wrong.
    I’m sending CC from Xequence 2 to Moog Model D in AUM.
    Cutoff, CC74, works straight away so its set in the right midi channel (Sorry for the long video)
    But when I want to add another CC for Filter Emphasis on model D I cant get The CC ribbon in Xequence to control it.
    Is it something with Model D?
    Did I miss something?

Hey, not sure what's going on there -- but it's not a problem in Xequence.

Maybe the "Range" parameter in the AUM mapping is not set correctly? I don't have Model D myself, but "0 -> 0.95" looks a bit fishy to me, unless Model D maps filter emphasis to values between 0 and 1... maybe tap on "Range" and try to change that?

• I seem to not be able to raise the Param from 0.95. I don’t code so I don't know about that thingy. But I did try with Decay instead, that’s set from 0-1, but stil no wom wom.
    :)
    What do you thinks?

• edited March 2022

@MoogMusicInc
    The above 3 posts, Having trouble midi CC mapping from Xequence 2 to Model D in AUM. It automatically catches the Cutoff (Without mapping, set to cc 74), But I have not been able to map the two other params I tried in the videos over.
    Was planning to tweak some musical drum sound