Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Has anyone tried using midi controller (via cck) + external mic via ipad jack input simultaneously?

I tried it some time ago with akai mpk mini and Irig but found mic connection very dodgy, signal dropping or making screechy sound at the slightest touch of the lead. I thought my Irig dongle was dodgy but since I've tried it with another generic phones/mic splitter and it did exactly the same thing. It would be my ideal set up for wall plug free music making but from my experience it stinks. Anyone else tried it?

Comments

• The headphone jack is much less than optimal for audio recording. By hardware design, they are infamous for audio bleed. That said, I can't say that I have actually tried it.

• I didn't mean to be recording albums on it. Just to plugin electric guitar or fm radio through turnado to add richness and another element to jams.

• Funny you should mention fm radio because that is exactly what I used the iRig to record. I ran the output from my iPod Nanowatch's FM receiver into the iRig to record and chop in Beatmaker2 while using the Quneo pad controller was connected via CCK.

• What I used to do was Audio out through the Apple Audiocable (Dock connector to L/Rcinch, videocomposite and USB), while at the same time Audio in through Tascams IXZ (goes into Headphoneplug), which Signal was routed from another iPad/iPhone/voice (by ways of Mac DAW). Did some shows like that, and it always worked fine. Still, I'm into experimental improvisational stuff, and thus might not even have noticed a few weird "scratches", since every source gets kinda manipulated into more noisy tone anyways... .
    But, as said, I never noticed any hiccups, did this for about 18 months, in countless jams and also live. Maybe I was lucky... .

• I gave Irig another go. This time I used a straight xlr to jack mic cable as opposed to xlr to xlr with xlr to jack adapter. It works ok but mic signal is not hot enough and I end up with a lot of noise when I turn the input up within the app. I may have to mess around with mics with different impedance. Cheers guys