Output through iPad speakers while guitar plugged into headset input

Is this possible?

I just wanted to have some fun plugging a guitar into my iPad and mess around adding a few fx so on. I’ve tried both AUM and Audiobus and once I’ve plugged in my guitar the only option for output is to use headphones 🎧

This not great for other people sitting next to me to hear while I experiment.

Is there any way around this or is this an iOS system thing?

Comments

• Its a system thing.

But AUM should be able to route to bluetooth if you have a bluetooth speaker sitting around. I’m not sure if AUM can override the iOS system, but it would be worth a try

• @Hmtx said:
    Its a system thing.

But AUM should be able to route to bluetooth if you have a bluetooth speaker sitting around. I’m not sure if AUM can override the iOS system, but it would be worth a try

Except BlueTooth audio results in horrible latency due to the way that BlueTooth audio works (the audio needs to be buffered an compressed with lossy compression which takes quite a lot of time).

• You can do it if you use an audio interface to bring the guitar in. You can get a Focusrite iTrack pocket for about $20 on eBay. Bluetooth speaker approach will likely have too much latency.

• @Rebus_Knebus said:
    You can do it if you use an audio interface to bring the guitar in. You can get a Focusrite iTrack pocket for about $20 on eBay. Bluetooth speaker approach will likely have too much latency.

Thanks! That’s a pretty low cost solution. I was guessing the only way to do it was using an audio interface and multi route in Audiobus.

• There is the Behringer Guitar2USB cable you might check out too