Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2, BM3, and the local trash heap

NS2 fan: "I can't use NS2 until we get audio tracks."

BM3 fan: "I can't use BM3 until they fix the MIDI FX."

Guy in the Congo: "if only I could find the right discarded plastic bottle!"

Group in Paraguay: "our recycled stuff doesn't support AUv3 but we might make music anyway."

Comments

• Lmfao. Great post! 👌🏾

• Very much to the point ! :+1: :+1: :+1:

• :D

Although taken into facetious extremes, I very much agree with this sentiment: stop obsessing about what you're missing, work out what you can do with what you have. That's what creativity is all about.

• Truth.

Awesome. ✊🏽

• I love this post.

• edited July 2019

@brambos said:
    :D

Although taken into facetious extremes, I very much agree with this sentiment: stop obsessing about what you're missing, work out what you can do with what you have. That's what creativity is all about.

So you have stopped making apps then? ;). (in the spirit of facetious extremes)

• @AudioGus said:

@brambos said:

So you have stopped making apps then? ;)

No, but I only make what I enjoy making, not what's most sorely missing per se :)

• That’s true about how lots of people run their lives! Completely lost the understanding of want and need.
    I do want NS2 or Cubasis on my phone though 😇🤣

• @brambos said:

@AudioGus said:

@brambos said:

So you have stopped making apps then? ;)

No, but I only make what I enjoy making, not what's most sorely missing per se :)

I don’t pine for features I will never use but look forward to playing with new possibilities. There seems to be an undercurrent of thinking on the forum where someone who doesn’t use a specific app because it lacks a specific feature is somehow being idle, adorned in cheeto crumbs staring at Netflix or something. We just have a ton of competing options (many of which a lot of us already own) and I think when someone says they won’t use ‘blah’ because it doesn’t do ‘blah’ it is simply because they do have a jerry rigged dumpster dived solution elsewhere already and are already grinding on it... (or maybe they are covered in cheeto crumbs watching netflix). Best not to assume I think.

• @brambos said:

Sure.. still will love ‘custom scales’ on Scaler though..🙏

• Nah, it's more:

• BM3 - Can't use this because of all the bugs.
    • NS2 - I love this so much I want to use it for everything. EVERY DAMN THING. Could you add a calendar and a todo app?
  • edited July 2019

@cian said:
    Nah, it's more:

• BM3 - Can't use this because of all the bugs.

What are you, some kind of non-sadist?

• NS2 - I love this so much I want to use it for everything. EVERY DAMN THING. Could you add a calendar and a todo app?

Blasphemy! Its perfect! Perfect in every way! Just name your slate pads with days and dates. You are cool with working four day weeks with no weekends right?