Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

As The Intua Turns: BM3 is Alive

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Unless Vincent has hired some extremely talented iOS developers of the same caliber as Bram, Victor & Jim he might as well call it...
    ... ‘BM3 Titanic Edition’

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:
    okay so what exactly is everyone's fav Release version besides the (beta 3.1) talking actual release?

The current one is best for me. Least crashes and it has a transient slicer.

It's definitely the most stable.

The older versions had a heap of issues that I think people are just forgetting. :lol:

There is complaints about the monitoring but when recording audio tracks with the old versions it would double/triple monitor when you recorded aka a good way to blow up your monitors and audio routed through the inserts all the time is not exactly pro even though it suited some people better.

Broken audio track monitoring vs Broken sampling monitoring. That’s not the kind of choice people should have to make during ‘progress’. It’s replacing something that’s broken with something else that’s broken.

I'm not saying they should lol?

Just that all of the releases have had problems. Just some that BM3 "experts" never acknowledged because it didn't occur in their workflow because they weren't tracking real instruments via an audio interface to audio tracks.

Yeah but fixing it by breaking something else in the process wasn’t any better overall for a lot of people than just leaving it how it was...

Yeah that's kind of obvious. But nobody gives Vincent credit for what he did fix which was quite substantial (stability especially AU fx crashes) they just shit on him for what he broke.

Nobody really calls out MG for not coming to the rescue either. Maybe that wasn't possible but he never gave any real explanation other than no longer being on the project.

You were saying that all releases have had problems. That’s kind of obvious too so I’m not sure what the actual point was?

Lol, not going to shower praise on someone for fixing couple things in a release if they can’t do it without breaking and removing other things in the same release.....If you took a car to get the exhaust fixed and it came back with perfect exhaust but also a smashed windscreen and the seats had been taken out, you gonna recommend that mechanic to your friends? ;)

Broken record...

Facts are facts. If you don’t wanna hear them then don’t initiate discussions that lead to them requiring to be repeated...

I like Beatmaker a lot. But it needs to get back on course and the past two downgrade updates make me sceptical. Let’s see where Vincent steers it now, hopefully he fixes/reverts what he broke/removed and genuine progress can recommence.

Fucking tedious.

You want tedious? Try rebuilding 50+ projects that get broken via a bad ‘development’ decision..even though it’s basically impossible to get them how they were....THAT is fucking tedious.

Like I said before, if the same shit had gone down in AUM people would have flipped en masse and no one would be bitching about bitching.

Clearly none of the negative stuff affected you and the way you used Beatmaker or your projects, in fact you actually got your number one request implemented, but for some others that wasn’t the case. At all. So maybe at least humour them instead of expecting them to be ok with it just because you are. It’ll take a little more than a ‘update planned in august’ announcement that took 20 secs to type to restore faith. If you can’t see that then you’re only seeing it from your own Angle. Which is fine. But complaining about other people complaining when they have more than valid reason isn’t cool.

Actually I wasn't complaining about other people complaining and I am very sympathetic to that situation. Especially since Vincent caused it trying to "fix" a bug I brought to his attention.

BM3 is broken, it was broken before it got extra broken. 3.1 had critical audio issues the beta bros don't even know about or acknowledge.

No more conversation about this please you hurt my brain.

• @EyeOhEss said:

@Samu said:
    Unless Vincent has hired some extremely talented iOS developers of the same caliber as Bram, Victor & Jim he might as well call it...
    ... ‘BM3 Titanic Edition’

Ah man. Hope we’re wrong. If August is another iceberg update I’m out...

Though saying that, there’s really no solid alternative to Bm3 for me. That’s the sad/frustrating thing. Conceptually it is/was so powerful/flexible ...

I know, makes me sad too and I’m usually not a pessimist but try to see the positive in most things. But in the case of BM3 it’s pretty darn hard...

I still treat BM3 as iOS version of Roland W30 but the last two cluster fck updates really made me frustrated especially since 3.1 had most things in place... (flexible midi routing, recording of midi from auv3, midi import & export and the ‘leaked’ 3.1 feature list is/was accurate).

But yeah, it’s a messed up situation and the ‘copy & paste’ posts from V don’t help at all...

• edited July 2019

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:
    okay so what exactly is everyone's fav Release version besides the (beta 3.1) talking actual release?

The older versions had a heap of issues that I think people are just forgetting. :lol:

There is complaints about the monitoring but when recording audio tracks with the old versions it would double/triple monitor when you recorded aka a good way to blow up your monitors and audio routed through the inserts all the time is not exactly pro even though it suited some people better.

Broken audio track monitoring vs Broken sampling monitoring. That’s not the kind of choice people should have to make during ‘progress’. It’s replacing something that’s broken with something else that’s broken.

Just that all of the releases have had problems. Just some that BM3 "experts" never acknowledged because it didn't occur in their workflow because they weren't tracking real instruments via an audio interface to audio tracks.

Yeah but fixing it by breaking something else in the process wasn’t any better overall for a lot of people than just leaving it how it was...

Yeah that's kind of obvious. But nobody gives Vincent credit for what he did fix which was quite substantial (stability especially AU fx crashes) they just shit on him for what he broke.

Nobody really calls out MG for not coming to the rescue either. Maybe that wasn't possible but he never gave any real explanation other than no longer being on the project.

You were saying that all releases have had problems. That’s kind of obvious too so I’m not sure what the actual point was?

Lol, not going to shower praise on someone for fixing couple things in a release if they can’t do it without breaking and removing other things in the same release.....If you took a car to get the exhaust fixed and it came back with perfect exhaust but also a smashed windscreen and the seats had been taken out, you gonna recommend that mechanic to your friends? ;)

Broken record...

Facts are facts. If you don’t wanna hear them then don’t initiate discussions that lead to them requiring to be repeated...

I like Beatmaker a lot. But it needs to get back on course and the past two downgrade updates make me sceptical. Let’s see where Vincent steers it now, hopefully he fixes/reverts what he broke/removed and genuine progress can recommence.

Fucking tedious.

You want tedious? Try rebuilding 50+ projects that get broken via a bad ‘development’ decision..even though it’s basically impossible to get them how they were....THAT is fucking tedious.

Like I said before, if the same shit had gone down in AUM people would have flipped en masse and no one would be bitching about bitching.

Clearly none of the negative stuff affected you and the way you used Beatmaker or your projects, in fact you actually got your number one request implemented, but for some others that wasn’t the case. At all. So maybe at least humour them instead of expecting them to be ok with it just because you are. It’ll take a little more than a ‘update planned in august’ announcement that took 20 secs to type to restore faith. If you can’t see that then you’re only seeing it from your own Angle. Which is fine. But complaining about other people complaining when they have more than valid reason isn’t cool.

Actually I wasn't complaining about other people complaining and I am very sympathetic to that situation. Especially since Vincent caused it trying to "fix" a bug I brought to his attention.

BM3 is broken, it was broken before it got extra broken. 3.1 had critical audio issues the beta bros don't even know about or acknowledge.

So how do YOU know about those super secret and never encountered ‘critical audio issues’ in 3.1?

And lol, you were totally complaining about people complaining when you said ‘broken record’. Because your post inevitably lead to someone repeating the facts, which in a conversation about recent Intua inevitably meant complaining.

But yeah, you’re also hurting my brain by saying this kind of conversation hurts your brain, so best to leave it be :)

I made a simple statement, you took it the wrong way and I'm sorry about that. I was not complaining... I was just saying that there was never a "perfect" BM3.

They aren't and weren't super secret issues. Like I've already said before, I'm sorry Vincent broke BM3. We all regret that BM3 never hit it's full potential and most likely won't.

There are many issues that the beta team didn't know about and I am not saying that to be insulting. You can't expect beta testers to find every single bug in something as massive as BM3.

By the way here is part of an email I sent Vincent before he broke BM3:

"1. Monitoring is enabled when the record button is hit even though it is turned off on the track.

1. The audio is routed through the FX chain when recording to an audio track in song mode. If this was an intentional feature please disregard."

I never suggested he do what he did to monitoring. I simply reported an issue with monitoring being on even when it was switched off because I did not want to blow up my expensive monitors.

• edited July 2019

You can't expect beta testers to find every single bug in something as massive as BM3.

This will sound probably a bit harsh, but as both developer (non iOS) and beta tester (iOS) i would say that if i run app for first time and after 10-15 minutes i found 3 bugs, then probably beta testers did sloppy job. I tend to blame for such simple to found bugs usually beta testers instead of devs (if i know there were beta testers), because as dev i'm often relying on beta testers that they do their job properly and deeply enough.

Biggest problem is, that 80% of "wannabe beta testers" are actually not doing proper a true beta testing work (which is really hard work, often boring, not much fun) but they just want to get early access to app. I'm not saying this was case of BM3, it's more like general observation (and not just on iOS, but on iOS it is very often case).

Regarding discussed BM3 3.1 update - if we don't know what were reasons they didn't released it, even through beta testers had access to it, i think every speculation (or even accussing Intua from some not fair moves) is totally improper (to be not harsh). There are trilions objective reasons why developers needs decide to rollback to previous version and those reasons are not always obvious for common users (or beta testers). So some opinions here like "vincent broke bm3" are in my opinion very much not fair. And i'm sayin this as somebody who is definitely not BM3 fanboy, hope nobody will accuse me from that :)))

At the end, every developer who still stays in iOS music apps developement (which is totaly underpriced), deservers BIG RESPECT, because in any other segments (like for example gaming) he would probably earn at least 10x more. Or even more than 10x.

• Unlike beta testers who don’t know what a sustain pedal is. ;) :D

Sorry ... I just couldn’t help it. o:)

• @wim said:
    Unlike beta testers who don’t know what a sustain pedal is. ;) :D

Or fast sampling workflow and defining playback regions (start & end) without need to trim and save the file) or directly use the sample without having to dub and save it first not to mention the dialogues that are senile and forget user settings...

But yeah there are no ‘perfect’ apps and never will be...

• I never understood the super long time it took for beta testing, plus the beta team was super small. Hopefully the dev will provide a public TestFlight link

• @Korakios said:
    I never understood the super long time it took for beta testing, plus the beta team was super small. Hopefully the dev will provide a public TestFlight link

+1 on that and a public ‘bug tracker’ :)

• @dendy said:

You can't expect beta testers to find every single bug in something as massive as BM3.

This will sound probably a bit harsh, but as both developer (non iOS) and beta tester (iOS) i would say that if i run app for first time and after 10-15 minutes i found 3 bugs, then probably beta testers did sloppy job. I tend to blame for such simple to found bugs usually beta testers instead of devs (if i know there were beta testers), because as dev i'm often relying on beta testers that they do their job properly and deeply enough.

Biggest problem is, that 80% of "wannabe beta testers" are actually not doing proper a true beta testing work (which is really hard work, often boring, not much fun) but they just want to get early access to app. I'm not saying this was case of BM3, it's more like general observation (and not just on iOS, but on iOS it is very often case).

Regarding discussed BM3 3.1 update - if we don't know what were reasons they didn't released it, even through beta testers had access to it, i think every speculation (or even accussing Intua from some not fair moves) is totally improper (to be not harsh). There are trilions objective reasons why developers needs decide to rollback to previous version and those reasons are not always obvious for common users (or beta testers). So some opinions here like "vincent broke bm3" are in my opinion very much not fair. And i'm sayin this as somebody who is definitely not BM3 fanboy, hope nobody will accuse me from that :)))

At the end, every developer who still stays in iOS music apps developement (which is totaly underpriced), deservers BIG RESPECT, because in any other segments (like for example gaming) he would probably earn at least 10x more. Or even more than 10x.

@dendy good words spoken. I agree

• edited July 2019

@stormbeats
    good words spoken. I agree

@Korakios
    I never understood the super long time it took for beta testing, plus the beta team was super small. Hopefully the dev will provide a public TestFlight link

People often think beta testing is just about using app. Unfortunately result of this are apps full of bugs :)

True beta testing needs lot of time, structuralized approach, performing again an again lot of repeating procedures after every update. With complex apps like DAW it is seriously time consuming job. Far away less fun and more time consuming than normal everyday app usage.

@wim said:
    @Samu
    Or fast sampling workflow and defining playback regions (start & end) without need to trim and save the file) or directly use the sample without having to dub and save it first not to mention the dialogues that are senile and forget user settings...

Beta tester is responsible for testing existing features, and catching bugs. Of course beta tester can provide feedback to developer "i would like to have there feature X or Y" but when we go to very core of "beta tester" responsibility, it's simply test existing features and ensure they are bug-less. That's all.

Beta tester is not responsible for adding missing features and he also should not push too much own subjective opinions about what is intuitive and what not, what feature is crucial and what totally not important. Because, you know, that are just subjective opinions of one person.

Last thing from which beta tester should be accused is that app is missing some feature which beta tester didn't needed for his whole life :lol:

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

@dendy said:

@wim said:

Beta tester is responsible for testing existing features, and catching bugs. Of course beta tester can provide feedback to developer "i would like to have there feature X or Y" but when we go to very core of "beta tester" responsibility, it's simply test existing features and ensure they are bug-less. That's all.

Sure bud, whatever let’s you feel OK about yourself! ;) o:)

• @Korakios said:

The delays weren’t with beta testing but with development. I remember the beta test team mentioning that the latest beta was going to expire soon, and asking if a new build was going to show up, and not hearing a peep from the developers. This went on for months. That was my first clue that something was seriously rotten in Denmark ... er ... Paris.

I wasn’t on the beta team, this was just taken from posts that I saw.

• @dendy said:
    Last thing from which beta tester should be accused is that app is missing some feature which beta tester didn't needed for his whole life :lol:

I’m fully aware of that :)

Even though a load of bugs are reported it’s the devs that have to prioritize the order in which they are fixed and some can slip thru if the schedule is tight and it can become troublesome the bugs are caused by 3rd party libraries, frameworks or apps. Even the different iOS versions can cause some head-aches and it really is mission impossible to cover all combinations of devices and iOS versions.

When I test an app I verify the intended functionality, report reproducible glitches and when asked for ideas Or suggestions I provide them as needed. If something is un-clear I ask for clarification which usually get without hassle.

If or when and update drops I’ll be happy but worried at the same time...

• @wim said:

@Korakios said:

The delays weren’t with beta testing but with development. I remember the beta test team mentioning that the latest beta was going to expire soon, and asking if a new build was going to show up, and not hearing a peep from the developers. This went on for months. That was my first clue that something was seriously rotten in Denmark ... er ... Paris.

I wasn’t on the beta team, this was just taken from posts that I saw.

I was talking about the beta before initial launch. The "soon" thing ;)

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2019

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

Broken record...

Fucking tedious.

So how do YOU know about those super secret and never encountered ‘critical audio issues’ in 3.1?

And lol, you were totally complaining about people complaining when you said ‘broken record’. Because your post inevitably lead to someone repeating the facts, which in a conversation about recent Intua inevitably meant complaining.

But yeah, you’re also hurting my brain by saying this kind of conversation hurts your brain, so best to leave it be :)

I made a simple statement, you took it the wrong way and I'm sorry about that. I was not complaining... I was just saying that there was never a "perfect" BM3.

They aren't and weren't super secret issues. Like I've already said before, I'm sorry Vincent broke BM3. We all regret that BM3 never hit it's full potential and most likely won't.

There are many issues that the beta team didn't know about and I am not saying that to be insulting. You can't expect beta testers to find every single bug in something as massive as BM3.

"1. Monitoring is enabled when the record button is hit even though it is turned off on the track.

1. The audio is routed through the FX chain when recording to an audio track in song mode. If this was an intentional feature please disregard."

I never suggested he do what he did to monitoring. I simply reported an issue with monitoring being on even when it was switched off because I did not want to blow up my expensive monitors.

The fact that you think BM3 beta testers didn't pick up those 2 issues you mentioned prove that you didn't know what was going on at all. Were you on the beta team? 3.1 was still being tested and was not going to be released yet as we found bugs that we reported.

No app is perfect but 3.1 was on its way to being as close and with further updates who knows.

Some of us beta testers know exactly what happened but not our place to discuss intua's business. You don't know why Mathieu did not help so don't spread rumours.

August is right around the corner, let Vincent do his thing and once we get that update and some find issues, instead of bashing why not help. Vincent replies to e-mails so any issues, questions and features can be sent to him post this upcoming update.

• @EyeOhEss said:

@dendy said:

Gaming is even more saturated than music software so good luck to Vincent with that option...He better have a damn good concept/idea/ton of money for marketing.

Vincent didn’t ‘rollback’. He re-imagined existing functionality and reshaped it to his own tastes/ability. And by doing that he knowingly broke customers’ existing Bm3 projects. And there has been no solid explanation/justification for making such a ‘So what? Get over it...’move. I know you’re heavily ‘pro dev’ vs ‘pro customer’, but c’mon.....

Dude has a voice. Doesn’t need you doing PR/damage control for him. If he has a solid explanation and reasoning. That actually stands up and makes sense....We’re all ears.

@EyeOhEss Quote “Vincent didn’t rollback” Save your .ipa install files and you can “rollback” till fixes are sorted, I learnt that lesson . Not having a go out you at all as you seem a cool person just giving some form of remedy. I make sure I save every app .ipa as updates iOS or app can mess things up or apps getting removed from the app store.

• @BroCoast now i remember you. You're the same guy complaining on the Intua forum about BM3 being broken because it didn't save when you force close the app. The same guy many tried to help but was not listening to anything anyone said. SMH, yeah I remember. Lol.

• edited July 2019

@hansjbs said:
    @BroCoast now i remember you. You're the same guy complaining on the Intua forum about BM3 being broken because it didn't save when you force close the app. The same guy many tried to help but was not listening to anything anyone said. SMH, yeah I remember. Lol.

Never even registered there.... that was definitely not me

I thought you were ok but this kind of attack is quite frankly bullshit.

• @hansjbs said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

Broken record...

Fucking tedious.

The fact that you think BM3 beta testers didn't pick up those 2 issues you mentioned prove that you didn't know what was going on at all. Were you on the beta team? 3.1 was still being tested and was not going to be released yet as we found bugs that we reported.

No app is perfect but 3.1 was on its way to being as close and with further updates who knows.

Some of us beta testers know exactly what happened but not our place to discuss intua's business. You don't know why Mathieu did not help so don't spread rumours.

August is right around the corner, let Vincent do his thing and once we get that update and some find issues, instead of bashing why not help. Vincent replies to e-mails so any issues, questions and features can be sent to him post this upcoming update.

I never ever said they didn't pick that up. Learn to read.

• edited July 2019

@BroCoast said:

@hansjbs said:
    @BroCoast now i remember you. You're the same guy complaining on the Intua forum about BM3 being broken because it didn't save when you force close the app. The same guy many tried to help but was not listening to anything anyone said. SMH, yeah I remember. Lol.

So somebody with tbe same user name as you made that comment. You should be careful then someone with the user name BroCoast is in the intua forum.

I know it was you because you had asked to have your account removed and deleted.

• @hansjbs said:

@BroCoast said:

@hansjbs said:

So somebody with tbe same user name as you made that comment. You should be careful then someone with the user name BroCoast is in the intua forum.

Point me to it then.

I have never registered there.

• @hansjbs said:

@BroCoast said:

@hansjbs said:

I know it was you because you had asked to have your account removed and deleted.

No, you are sadly mistaken. Extremely poor behaviour from someone I actually thought was decent from our conversations here.

• @BroCoast said:

@hansjbs said:

@BroCoast said:

@hansjbs said:

No, you are sadly mistaken. Extremely poor behaviour from someone I actually thought was decent from our conversations here.

No like I said it was either you or someone was using the same username you had here in the Intua forum. Told us about the issue with saving, we tried to help the user BroCoast, he got mad and after a while asked for his account to be deleted.

If it wasn't you cool and that wasn't an attack, I stated what was in the Intua forum. If that doesnt make me a decent person to you it's cool too. If in a discussion one can't disagree and point out something then what's the point of a discussion?

Anyways i just wanted to say what i said about beta testers and bugs you thought we did not catch and to also mention that it doesn't matter anymore what happened at Intua. It happened, parties moved on and Vincent is updating BM3. Whether it's gonna be good or bad we'll have to wait and see. The reason the OP started this thread and to inform some of the message sent by Vincent since a lot were asking about BM3 updates. That is all.

• Another nail into the coffin of the DAW's on iOS