Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

As The Intua Turns: BM3 is Alive

Comments

• edited July 2019

@EyeOhEss said:

@kobamoto said:
    okay so what exactly is everyone's fav Release version besides the (beta 3.1) talking actual release?

Not so many people were digging in to that side of Bm3. But for those that were, Vincent’s decision broke their projects. If it was totally necessary then fine, but 3.1 had it working perfectly and it was a choice, not a necessity.

That’s just totally wreckless move. You don’t intentionally/knowingly/willingly break people’s work with an update.... I can’t recall any other daw on iOS or desktop being so careless with an update decision...Like I said, people wouldn’t stand for it if the same decision was made in an AUM update. It’s no different in beatmaker 3, it just affected fewer people.. At the very least there should have been an option in settings for the old behaviour to still exist for anyone with a lot of projects that relied on it.

Vincents first update set a new low, an update that took a decision to actually intentionally break people’s projects. That’s unheard of of in other Daws. So there’s very good reason to be cynical of anything he says/does now imho.

But we’ll see. If he reverts and makes those old projects work again, that would be a good start...

Great post @EyeOhEss

You summed up the exact feelings of many of BM3's biggest fans (including myself) right there.

• umm and which update version # was that?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2019

@kobamoto said:
    okay so what exactly is everyone's fav Release version besides the (beta 3.1) talking actual release?

The current one is best for me. Least crashes and it has a transient slicer.

• Didn't read the whole thread, but where's the iPhone version that was promised with the introduction of BM3 which was 2 years ago?

• @mannix said:
    Didn't read the whole thread, but where's the iPhone version that was promised with the introduction of BM3 which was 2 years ago?

Oh, you dear sweet child.... 😊

• edited July 2019

@ErrkaPetti said:
    When Beatmaker 3 was released summer of 2017 I was in heaven (lucky as hell), but, the last year I have really lost my intrest of BM3 regarding Intuas bad communication behaviour, and, the bugs and functions that ever never took place although it's two years since release...

Nowadays all my love is placed in Nanostudio 2 and Auria Pro... Good shit!!

I don’t see many folks using both Auria Pro AND NS2 on here. What does Auri Pro do for you that NS2 doesn’t?

• @Telstar5 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    When Beatmaker 3 was released summer of 2017 I was in heaven (lucky as hell), but, the last year I have really lost my intrest of BM3 regarding Intuas bad communication behaviour, and, the bugs and functions that ever never took place although it's two years since release...

I don’t see many folks using both Auria Pronand NS2 on here. What does Auri Pro do for you that NS2 doesn’t?

Auria shines at audio related tasks (editing, mixing), NS2 at the moment is lacking audio tracks, but probably one of the most stable, flexible midi sequencer. Once audio tracks are delivered for linear sequencing it will set new standard for iOS DAWs imo.

• @Telstar5 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

I don’t see many folks using both Auria Pronand NS2 on here. What does Auri Pro do for you that NS2 doesn’t?

...until recently, Fabfilter plugins...
    And, busses, realtime non destructive midifiltering, real diskstream sampler etc etc...

• @ErrkaPetti : Oh yeah.. that... lol... Thanks for reminding me👍😉

• @AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

It's definitely the most stable.

The older versions had a heap of issues that I think people are just forgetting. :lol:

There is complaints about the monitoring but when recording audio tracks with the old versions it would double/triple monitor when you recorded aka a good way to blow up your monitors and audio routed through the inserts all the time is not exactly pro even though it suited some people better.

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

@AudioGus said:

@Korakios said:

@AudioGus said:

Instantly happy and excited! :)

(maybe Luke and Laura will get back together too! (No one will get this ref...))

August of 2022 :p
    Removing any midi related stuff, automation, transient detection and boom ,bug free :p

• @AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

Lots of blood spilled and I understand the frustrations. But the transient slicer works well and is the best option on iOS for me. Worth the $14.99 I spent? Without question.

• edited July 2019

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

Lots of blood spilled and I understand the frustrations. But the transient slicer works well and is the best option on iOS for me. Worth the $14.99 I spent? Without question.

Hell yah. I got my monies worth out of BM3 several times over now. I paid somewhere around 20$ cad and probably had an average of 15 hours of entertainment a week from it... so... math... like 1400hrs of entertainment (minus the two months of NS2 distraction) so far?

Yah good deal.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

The transient slicer is very sensitive, even to 0% it detects many slices , making impossible to chop long loops to less than 16 slices . Plus a dozen other subjective missing features

• @Korakios said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

The transient slicer is very sensitive, even to 0% it detects many slices , making impossible to chop long loops to less than 16 slices . Plus a dozen other subjective missing features

Yep I find it practically useless. Not only that but I find myself still having to adjust by eye anyway.

• @BroCoast said:

@Korakios said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

Yep I find it practically useless. Not only that but I find myself still having to adjust by eye anyway.

huh, seems to get me 75-100% of the way there.

• @WillieNegus said:
    For those holding on to hope that BM3 is in fact not abandonware behold, Vincent speaks...

I personally welcome a Mac version, especially if it will be an AU for Logic.

This is great news for me as I’m a patient person and BM3 is still my single fav DAW on iOS. Yes, support is still piss poor and I doubt we’ll ever get any hints as to when to expect updates or bug fixes and no I still won’t recommend it to new users anymore but I am encouraged to get back to creating with it knowing that it is still a priority at Intua.

Sucks that Mathieu Garcia isn’t on the development team as he’s a genius but hopefully Vincent and whomever else is still on the project get it right.

Sorry. This is all just meaningless gibberish. Actions speak louder. I’ll believe it when I see it. No sooner.

• @AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

@Korakios said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

huh, seems to get me 75-100% of the way there.

Same here. It's not perfect but it saves me a bunch of time getting close. Perhaps I'm some kind of simpleton.

• If your main reason to have Beatmaker is to sample and else export AppleLoops/BeatMaker loops (i.e. with embedded slice info and tempo information) does BeatMaker 3 add anything to what BeatMaker 2 offers?

• @EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

The older versions had a heap of issues that I think people are just forgetting. :lol:

There is complaints about the monitoring but when recording audio tracks with the old versions it would double/triple monitor when you recorded aka a good way to blow up your monitors and audio routed through the inserts all the time is not exactly pro even though it suited some people better.

Broken audio track monitoring vs Broken sampling monitoring. That’s not the kind of choice people should have to make during ‘progress’. It’s replacing something that’s broken with something else that’s broken.

I'm not saying they should lol?

Just that all of the releases have had problems. Just some that BM3 "experts" never acknowledged because it didn't occur in their workflow because they weren't tracking real instruments via an audio interface to audio tracks.

• @EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

Broken audio track monitoring vs Broken sampling monitoring. That’s not the kind of choice people should have to make during ‘progress’. It’s replacing something that’s broken with something else that’s broken.

Just that all of the releases have had problems. Just some that BM3 "experts" never acknowledged because it didn't occur in their workflow because they weren't tracking real instruments via an audio interface to audio tracks.

Yeah but fixing it by breaking something else in the process wasn’t any better overall for a lot of people than just leaving it how it was...

Yeah that's kind of obvious. But nobody gives Vincent credit for what he did fix which was quite substantial (stability especially AU fx crashes) they just shit on him for what he broke.

Nobody really calls out MG for not coming to the rescue either. Maybe that wasn't possible but he never gave any real explanation other than no longer being on the project.

• @EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

Yeah but fixing it by breaking something else in the process wasn’t any better overall for a lot of people than just leaving it how it was...

Yeah that's kind of obvious. But nobody gives Vincent credit for what he did fix which was quite substantial (stability especially AU fx crashes) they just shit on him for what he broke.

Nobody really calls out MG for not coming to the rescue either. Maybe that wasn't possible but he never gave any real explanation other than no longer being on the project.

You were saying that all releases have had problems. That’s kind of obvious too so I’m not sure what the actual point was?

Lol, not going to shower praise on someone for fixing couple things in a release if they can’t do it without breaking and removing other things in the same release.....If you took a car to get the exhaust fixed and it came back with perfect exhaust but also a smashed windscreen and the seats had been taken out, you gonna recommend that mechanic to your friends? ;)

Broken record...

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2019

Nevermind