Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

As The Intua Turns: BM3 is Alive

Comments

• @hansjbs said:
    I get a crash every other day in BM3 and i use it daily and push it to the limit with auv3 and auv3fx. Maybe it's because i have an iPad pro? I don't get crashes people are getting and I uze a lot of auv3FX

I was using it all morning with no crashes but literally as soon as I posted I didn’t have crashes the crashfest commenced. 3 in a row and I don’t have many AUs, only 5 banks/tracks.

Wonder if I have corrupted files or samples?. I’m tempted to delete the app and reinstall but I don’t want to re import all of my samples.

Remembering how much I love this app. So dope. I have iPad Pro 10.5 256g so it ain’t my device.

• Do you host your samples in BM3 @hansjbs ?

Really getting close to doing a clean install to see if my filesystem or some files are corrupted.

• @WillieNegus said:

@Korakios said:

@SlowwFloww said:
    Way too many bugs for me... Everytime I want to use it it crashes, level meters not updating, crackles when using macro knobs, midi input settings do not get saved ... etc.

I purchased Beatmaker 2 last week.. I like it much more...

BM2 was the king . Still great on iPhone

Facts👌🏾

If only they added a au option to bm2!

• @WillieNegus said:
    For those holding on to hope that BM3 is in fact not abandonware behold, Vincent speaks...

😱😱😰😰😂

Yawn, I guess next year around this time we will read the same thing...

It has the best concept on iOS, Ableton Link when others say it’s impossible.. Pretty dumb to let it go unsupported for so long..

• If everyone who has BM3 that has frequent crashes sent Vincent an email POLITELY explaining that the software crashes a lot and requesting that BM3.1's last stable beta be released, I wonder if he could be moved to either do something of give a better explanation.

While much has been written here an on their forum, a flood of polite emails would perhaps provide a different perspective.

It is easy for some people to treat forum posts or angry emails as not representative of their users. (Angry emails even when accurate just make recipients angry and hostile.)

• “Vincent B.” ? What happened to the rest of his last name?

• @nondes said:
    Why are they focused on porting to other platforms when there are known bugs and crashes/instability on iOS? It's so close to being Maschine in iPad but the frequency of crashes has made it unusable.

^ this. Fix the broken things first.

• You can all stop worrying about 3.1. It's gone and it isn't coming back. My guess is that they had poor backup practices, lost it on a corrupt hard drive somewhere and have been gut-punched ever since.

• @MonzoPro said:

@nondes said:
    Why are they focused on porting to other platforms when there are known bugs and crashes/instability on iOS? It's so close to being Maschine in iPad but the frequency of crashes has made it unusable.

They’re ‘kinky’, not broken. ;)

• In the meantime, I’d like to experience the virtual crash free use @hansjbs mentioned. I have an iPad Pro so perhaps there’s something I did in terms of filesystem or something causing my issue. Looks like I’m really going to have to delete and reinstall.😩

I had every sound from iMaschine and BeatHawk along with my own sample library neatly organized as custom banks hosted inside BM3.

I guess I can just zip it up and import into AudioShare and just import as needed per bm3 project. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Off to delete...

• @WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:
    I get a crash every other day in BM3 and i use it daily and push it to the limit with auv3 and auv3fx. Maybe it's because i have an iPad pro? I don't get crashes people are getting and I uze a lot of auv3FX

I was using it all morning with no crashes but literally as soon as I posted I didn’t have crashes the crashfest commenced. 3 in a row and I don’t have many AUs, only 5 banks/tracks.

Wonder if I have corrupted files or samples?. I’m tempted to delete the app and reinstall but I don’t want to re import all of my samples.

Remembering how much I love this app. So dope. I have iPad Pro 10.5 256g so it ain’t my device.

Me too. Pretty much in the exact same boat with exact same device etc.

The crashes are so seemingly random at this point. Going completely AU free is hellah stable but even then these strange random crashes that happen between operations. A few rats scurrying about yet.

• @AudioGus said:

The crashes are so seemingly random at this point. Going completely AU free is hellah stable but even then these strange random crashes that happen between operations. A few rats scurrying about yet.

Ok so I’m not crazy. Same experience. Once it starts crashing it gets random. I’m going to see if a clean delete and reinstall does anything. Before I do have you tried that by any chance?

• Instantly happy and excited! :)

(maybe Luke and Laura will get back together too! (No one will get this ref...))

• @AudioGus said:

Instantly happy and excited! :)

(maybe Luke and Laura will get back together too! (No one will get this ref...))

BOOM!

• @WillieNegus said:

@AudioGus said:

Ok so I’m not crazy. Same experience. Once it starts crashing it gets random. I’m going to see if a clean delete and reinstall does anything. Before I do have you tried that by any chance?

I did just get my 10.5 about three months ago so in a sense... yes. ;)

• edited July 2019

@AudioGus said:

@WillieNegus said:

@AudioGus said:

I did just get my 10.5 about three months ago so in a sense... yes. ;)

Ok thanks. I’ll just leave as is in anticipation for the update. I don’t doubt it’ll be after said date (Intua gone Intua) but Atleast I know it’s “coming” at some point “soon”.🙏🏾

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@AudioGus said:

Instantly happy and excited! :)

Time will tell.. Be interesting to see if beta testers receive a new version soon, which should be the case if this planned August release and ‘improving Bm3 with your help’ talk isn’t all just smokescreen..

I’ll give the guy benefit of the doubt one last time...Hopefully he makes the right decisions and listens to people this time...

Maybe this is the mythical 3.1 that has already been tested?

• I’ve been migrating my tastiest stems out to AudioShare in preparation for other DAWS and will continue that, but also won’t stop making new loops in BM3 (which was weighing SO heavy on my heart, it’s kinda crazy how attached I am to BM3)

• @WillieNegus said:
    Do you host your samples in BM3 @hansjbs ?

Really getting close to doing a clean install to see if my filesystem or some files are corrupted.

Yes I have them all in there in folders cuz i like to keep things neat.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    I’ve been migrating my tastiest stems out to AudioShare in preparation for other DAWS and will continue that, but also won’t stop making new loops in BM3 (which was weighing SO heavy on my heart, it’s kinda crazy how attached I am to BM3)

Oh me too... I typically don't get into ‘online drama’, but dayum, spent so many good hours getting to know this app that the past couple weeks actually weighed on my first world psyche.

• @AudioGus said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    I’ve been migrating my tastiest stems out to AudioShare in preparation for other DAWS and will continue that, but also won’t stop making new loops in BM3 (which was weighing SO heavy on my heart, it’s kinda crazy how attached I am to BM3)

Oh me too... I typically don't get into ‘online drama’, but dayum, spent so many good hours getting to know this app that the past couple weeks actually weighed on my first world psyche.

I guess this is how soap opera fans feel when they watch their shows... my sadness at the thought that of losing BM3 is like 25% of the sadness I would feel losing my wife or one of my kids, which seems a little out of balance LOL!

• @Samu
    Re the 3.1 beta you were testing, I had the impression you had a list of bugs you were submitting, curious what was left your to-do list, when the 3.1 release was derailed?

• @Gaia.Tree said:

@AudioGus said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

I guess this is how soap opera fans feel when they watch their shows... my sadness at the thought that of losing BM3 is like 25% of the sadness I would feel losing my wife or one of my kids, which seems a little out of balance LOL!

Woah... did you actually get the Luke and Laura ref?

• @AudioGus said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@AudioGus said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

I got it, though I forget which soap it was: General Hospital?

• @Gravitas : Auria STILL buggy? Posts like this wanna make me get more into NS2 ... I thought Auria Pro was finally quite stable.

• @nondes said:

@AudioGus said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@AudioGus said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

I got it, though I forget which soap it was: General Hospital?

3pm on KXLY right after Steve Mumm did the weather?

• I just read this message as indicating a focus on porting the software to other platforms. But surely it needs fixing on its original platform first? I gave up on BM3 ages ago, and for a multitude of reasons. Off the top of my head: it crashes constantly; it doesn’t show chords, only notes; some apps/auv3s don’t load; the interface is mind bogglingly complex, and in some ways completely baffling. The sampler is amazing, though, and if the bugs were fixed it would have great potential. But this latest message looks ominous to me, ironically.

• Still loving BM3’s deep sampler. I let AUM take over the AU hosting duties long ago. Any update is welcome, but this is already an excellent combo.

• @MonzoPro said:

@nondes said:

If lack of revenue has been a problem, there is (sadly), they may feel there is a bigger upside to getting new customers via other platforms than investing resources on iOS first—this may especially be true if there was a falling out between the partners —> @Telstar5 said:

@Gravitas : Auria STILL buggy? Posts like this wanna make me get more into NS2 ... I thought Auria Pro was finally quite stable.

It is quite stable for many (including me). Some people experience instability, and it isn't clear whether that is because of particular AUs or some differences in configuration.