Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Farfisa F 322 - Instrument Sampling Project. Anyone want?

Hi Forum.

I found that little Dude in the Trash last week. Didn‘t know if it would work or not.
Cleaned it, put some batteries in, had a blast 😂

I am NOT going to keep it!
We have some festivals here in the next weeks and i am giving it away to some poor kids that can not afford instruments. But before i am going to sample that beast!
My plan is to sample it into AudioLayer to re-create some of these iconic sounds and rhythms.

Anyone here interested in some special instrumentation?
Here goes the list:

If someone wants a „special“ instrument or rhythm - talk to me.
I am looking at you @Martinj and @McD :smiley:
I‘ll try to make it work.

This thing has no inputs, no outputs (except the speaker), no MIDI, no velocity, etc.
It‘s quite barebone. Hardcore - if you want
As i mentioned above i want to give it away, so i am not going to implement some jacks on/in it.
I will record with a fieldrecorder/microphone.

Here is a small session - one handed camera and one handed play with phone in font of my sight. So bare with me :wink:

This should be fun :smiley:

Comments

• @MrBlaschke
    the accompaniments sound fun.. I would love to get a couple of bars of each of those at a good tempo.. 110? ha... i guess you can only roughly dial in tempo’s on that thing.. so something ‘around’ that and then maybe a real slow tempo as backup...
    i’m curious about the ringing fly, ghost, steel drum & clavinet sounds... ( no fx, chorus/reverb on? ) but you can never tell what the manufacturers are trying to swing with the namings on these things... decent recording from close to the scrappy speaker is a nice thing to do in any event.. really gives the sounds their own space...
    i spent a few hours a while back sampling random ‘dial in’ adsr numbers from the VL-tone .. but weirdly after i set it all up, had lunch then switched the thing back on it suddenly decided it didn’t want to do the 8 digit custom sound thing anymore... as if it disapproved of even that basic level of tailoring!, “my presets should be enough for you... one size fits all.. just who do you think you are?... Jean-Jaques Perrey?!” it seemed to be implying...

• p.s. don’t you want to circuit bend it ?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4RxzDp4KrI

• Looks way more portable than the Farfisa my bandmate has.

• @RockySmalls said:
    p.s. don’t you want to circuit bend it ?

Nope, sorry. Want to give it away after sampling.
    Wishes noted and i try my very best to fit the bpm :smiley:

@Multicellular said:
    Looks way more portable than the Farfisa my bandmate has.

Well...there is not much that should be more portable than this little fella :smiley:

I did some tests yesterday with my first test-samples.
    Had it playing in AUM with Turnado and some Reverb - fancy shit stuff.
    Got some sweet sounds, more by accident - but who cares.
    Sampling quality is really good like i have it set up atm.

• @MrBlaschke, I‘m definitely interested....especially in pluck/bell sounds like Marimba, Vibraphone, Harpsi....Ghost makes me curious, too....it could be fun to „blow up“ these lo-fi sounds with some effects...😊

• @MrBlaschke said:

@RockySmalls said:
    p.s. don’t you want to circuit bend it ?

Nope, sorry. Want to give it away after sampling.
    Wishes noted and i try my very best to fit the bpm :smiley:

tanks a bundle mrB.. I look forward to it...

• edited July 2019

Hey @RockySmalls and @Martinj :smile:
    Sorry - Life got me for a while, but i am making progress.

Did a comparison today..

Original Farfisa:

And the recreated instrument in AudioLayer:

I tried to sample as clean as it possibly gets with that screacher... Adding more dirt and distortions should be done manually, maybe BANDIT from @FredAntonCorvest would be a good thing here... Maybe i‘ll Grab a beer later on and try it out.

It is really fun. :smiley:

• I just realized i had a little „Overdrive“ from testing on the C3 area inside AudioLayer.
    That tiny scratching is not there now, when OverDrive is switched off :smile:

• @MrBlaschke said:
    I just realized i had a little „Overdrive“ from testing on the C3 area inside AudioLayer.
    That tiny scratching is not there now, when OverDrive is switched off :smile:

don’t mind a bit of skritchy ‘n’ skratchy! :) but obviously DAW cassette etc will be all over it in the end..
    good idea about Bandit.. i have that but haven’t put it to good use much yet...
    sounds great... have a tequila chaser with that beer ..on me :)