Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited March 2014

• edited January 2014

Update 1.1 is now available. Tweaks and improvements.

Details and some nice examples are here http://www.tracksarmed.tumblr.com/

Edit. Website says 1.2 not sure if this is another in pipeline

• Ooh, tempo mapping. I've been needing that. I guess I gotta get back into midi.

• I looked at the pictures and saw graphs. Couldn't make sense of what I was seeing so I went to sleep instead.

• edited January 2014

Still needs work to be useable. No save options and too many fiddly screens to cycle through. Worth keeping an eye on though I reckon.

• anyone using this? I could not make sense of it either at first, but...

I just had a nice jam with it driving Animoog for iPhone, two synths in Magellan and enough CPU left to noodle on the top in Animoog for iPad. !

And this is an iPad 2 :)

• edited January 2014

Not using it until it has a save function added. Seems to me it's just ok for a noodle at present. There is another update coming soon according to the website.

Edit. Don't want to sound like I'm knocking it as the dev has obviously put a lot of thought into coming up with something different and it is free still. Def worth a download and play with.

Maybe Doug could do a video? He's not been up to much lately :-)

• haha, yep. I left the app in the background for about an hour and when I went back to it, my killer sequence was gone! NNNNNOOOOOOOooooo......

I even thought I would just take a screenshot of the note sequence so I could dial it in again but it was too late.

I'n not complaining. I got my money's worth :) but a save function would be nice. I guess it is a work in progress.