Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gardens Of Saturn / Album #8 Ravenscroft 275

edited June 2019 in Creations

This album and BlueBird Boulevard are pianocentric and feature RC275. While there are a lot of folks who don’t care for emulated acoustics, most will agree the Ravenscroft piano is quite excellent (except for crackles, which I don’t seem to have a problem with. And, I always turn the pedal noise off!). Sometimes I combine RC275 with others, but if I had to choose just one iOS piano it would be the well rounded Ravenscroft.

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/gardens-of-saturn-2

Comments

• Time turns on itself... Album #7 follows #7. So, technically I can wait for the real #8.

• Corrected @McD. You can see I am getting a bit confused with this catharsis (auto word preferred “catheter”, but I overruled it. Been there.). Keep up the elliptical overviews. You are pounding that ellipse into an amoeboid carbuncle of which no one has seen the like. That from the bass player, my left hand (I am left handed, btw).

• Mike, you have my highest respect.
    I'm happy that I had the chance to contribute at least a tiny wee bit of almost nothing 🤗

• @LinearLineman said:
    Corrected @McD.

Damn.

You can see I am getting a bit confused with this catharsis (auto word preferred “catheter”, but I overruled it. Been there.). Keep up the elliptical overviews. You are pounding that ellipse into an amoeboid carbuncle of which no one has seen the like.

I find that writing while listening gives me something to do.

That from the bass player, my left hand (I am left handed, btw).

You're left handed. I have a script that converts the keyboard from right to left handed. Do you want to try
    it? It takes some practice (in your case I'd estimate 20 years) but it's worth it for a lefty. There's a blues player that plays that flips the right handed guitar over and plays as a lefty (Doyle Bramlett). When he made a record with Eric Clapton, Clapton would stop him and say "She me that." and realize it was just something he'd even play for 40 years. I like watching lefties play because it's like looking in a mirror.

So... let me know about that script to help you out.

I have the drum script working. It's useful to stop the weird drum notes like the whistles, hand-claps and
    wind-chimes. It's just ride, bass drum, softer snare (brush is probably better). Lot's of enhancements needed but so much better. I like mapping the bass notes to the ride, the chord middle to the snare not mapping the upper notes to anything but I'd like to map them to snare/bass drum alternations with about a 20% random rate like a jazz drum might play against the steady bass.

Right now it's a streambytemr script but I want to have it for both MIDI scripting use cases and for that I need to get off the couch and write on the iPad. (I write StreamByter scripts on my laptop using OS X "MidiFire"). If the other app was on my Mac it would help.

OK. Time to get back to listening. Probably while I run some errands so no review until later.