Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ifretless sax improvisation (video).

The title says it all😉.
Thanks!

Comments

• Wow. Having control or virbrato and plating rapid soft melissnatic runs make all the difference.
    You can't make that app sound like that with a MIDI keyboard (with the except of someone like Jan Hammer's
    approach with the pitch bender and MOD wheels to activate slow late vibratos.

I hate most IOS SAX Apps but in your hands this one works really well. I can't really warm up to iFretless Brass for example
    but I might have better luck learning to use the GUI interface to make it sound closer to the real deal.

If you can I would love to see what you can coax from the Yonac "Steel Guitar". It only has the screen control option
    but the samples seem to be really good and the virtual slide is well implemented. It would be great to hear what you
    can do with it.

• That is quite good @flo26. But, strangely, for me, the closer it gets to a real sax sound the more disturbing and plastic it is. As a friend of mine once said “a first rate fantasy beats a third rate reality any day”. I guess I am just being iconoclastic. I want the virtual sounds to be dissociated from the instruments they emulate. And that can never be.

• @McD said:
    Wow. Having control or virbrato and plating rapid soft melissnatic runs make all the difference.
    You can't make that app sound like that with a MIDI keyboard (with the except of someone like Jan Hammer's
    approach with the pitch bender and MOD wheels to activate slow late vibratos.

I hate most IOS SAX Apps but in your hands this one works really well. I can't really warm up to iFretless Brass for example
    but I might have better luck learning to use the GUI interface to make it sound closer to the real deal.

If you can I would love to see what you can coax from the Yonac "Steel Guitar". It only has the screen control option
    but the samples seem to be really good and the virtual slide is well implemented. It would be great to hear what you
    can do with it.

I had already tried steel guitar a long ago.
    It sounds good but it didn' click with the app😉.
    Thanks for listening!
    Flo

• @LinearLineman said:
    That is quite good @flo26. But, strangely, for me, the closer it gets to a real sax sound the more disturbing and plastic it is. As a friend of mine once said “a first rate fantasy beats a third rate reality any day”. I guess I am just being iconoclastic. I want the virtual sounds to be dissociated from the instruments they emulate. And that can never be.

Each one has its own tastes😉.
    Thanks a lot for listening!
    Flo

• edited June 2019

In this case I am sure I am in the distinct minority! Keep up the great creative work! Btw, your playing of the app was excellent.

• McDMcD
    edited June 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    That is quite good @flo26. But, strangely, for me, the closer it gets to a real sax sound the more disturbing and plastic it is.

This explains a lot about what I hear in your albums: the conscious intent to avoid real sax sounds.

You nailed it! (Honk, honk). :^)

James Carter is worth checking out for someone that can make a sax sound like the
    blast horn on a Semi during rush hour. But he uses it sparingly and can also make you cry
    with tenderness and drop your jaw at the intensity of his soloing.

I've never heard of a love for Erzatz but it seems to exist. Maybe it's the missing genre for your sax-based collection.