Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

All along the watchtower (acoustic cover)

Vocal and acoustic guitar.
I also use Mtdaw.
Thanks!
Flo

Comments

• Where's the link Flo?
    Apart from the definitive Jimmy H version, I love the Michael Hedges acoustic on the 'Watching My Life Go by' album.

• Sorry,here it is.

• Yep, beats every iOS guitar. Beautiful playing!

• @flo26 cool track. I have seriously thought about getting MTDaw. Seems like it would be a breath of fresh air, especially for a guitar player. I have wanted something that I could simply capture the audio in a simple, old school way.

Also, sort of gives me an idea. I see people post contests on here. What if we did a cover song contest/challenge? Pick a fairly well known song, like this one, and people cover it. We have such a vast group of people here it could turn some very interesting results.

I do enjoy playing this song as well.

• Thanks a lot guys.
    Cover song contest? Why not? Maybe...who knows?🤪🤪
    Flo

• @flo26 I dig this A LOT. Really nice, sir.

I think we should all do covers of Big Bottom... what do you think? ;)

Joking of course - just trying to pimp my own tunes. :D

• @Daveypoo said:
    @flo26 I dig this A LOT. Really nice, sir.

I think we should all do covers of Big Bottom... what do you think? ;)

Joking of course - just trying to pimp my own tunes. :D

Why not all along the watchtower?😉😉
    Thanks a lot dave!
    Flo

• @flo26 said:

I think a "Music Inspired by" approach would help avoid UMG from detecting potential infringements. Some might re-harmonize and others just invent in the same style. Lot's of "inspired by" music seems to be through SoundCloud because there's no revenue to claim by UMG. YouTube has gotten ugly with IP claiming becoming a secondary market for income by the Music Borgs.

@flo26 weird but I understood every word this time. Must be a dialect of french from a district with a lot of American Ex-patriots and debauched Englishman. Could be a nice place to retire to if the beers served cold and is German. That French Beer tastes like perfume to me.

The guitar playing as always is clean and beautifully captured.

Off to check the price on the "MTDaw" and to see if it has side-chaining yet for my FF's.

• Thanks a lot McD.
    And a special BIG THANKS for listening most of my tracks.
    Much,much appreciated!!
    More vidéos to come😉😉.
    Flo

• @McD I like that idea as well. Maybe even topical inspiration or photo inspiration to inspire a song would be fun too.

• McDMcD
    edited June 2019

@flo26 we can keep this on the front page by trying to understand the features of Multi-Track DAW. Here's the recent May 30th update list and it has some great features I need to own to just to understand the idea:

Welcome to MultiTrack 5!

This update includes a huge number of features:

AUv3 support for effects/instruments/generators with 2 window sizes, and presets support.

MP3 export using Lame, with command line in Settings.app

FFT with 7 coefficient Blackman Harris window in Parametric EQ screen, with decade lines.

Complete UI overhaul, with better visibility, highlighting buttons, and dynamic resizing.

Support for zooming tracks vertically. Track Header controls are resized and centered on the fly. VU Meters add segements and resize dynamically.

Support for Slide Over / Split View on iPad (iOS 11 or better)

Drag and drop from other apps / Files app. Drop multiple audio files directly onto tracks! With Snap Helpers while dragging. Regions/Tracks will be created if necessary, multiple dropped audio files line up vertically.

Support for portrait mode on iPhone with up to 15 tracks visible simultaneously on iPhone in portrait, 22 on iPad, 24 on iPad Pro.

Support for Emojis on track, song, audio, region, and folder names, in color.

Reworked Song Menu, with folders, new icons for zips and audio files, animations, MultiTrack projects are now (.mtdaw) packages.

Ability to drag audio/projects/folders and drop onto other folders, or hover over the folder to traverse into that folder, or hover over the Back button to traverse up the hierarchy, with animations.

Ability to preview audio files from the song menu (opens shared browser with play/import buttons)

WiFi web server reworked to look more like the song menu with better resizing. Ability to traverse folders from web interface.

Added 'Springiness' to track scrolling, this solves the bug of not being able to adjust the start handle of a region at zero. Now, edit the region as normal, use one finger to pull the window right and another finger to access the region start handle.

Added AU/IAA effects icons to tracks, these are untappable and indicate the current effects on the track. They mimic the AU/IAA effects panel and rearrange when effects are rearranged, with animations. This makes it easy to see the status of all your plugins at once, with loading indicators and error overlays.

AU/IAA effects panel now has 'No-Clip' unity gain control with VU Meter. If a plugin is clipping, turn this control down. The signal will be automatically boosted by the inverse amount after the plugin return.

'Follow' menu option added, now the automatic following of the playhead can be disabled. Follow is now slightly more aggressive and will follow even when looping.

Better CPU usage when nothing is happening onscreen.

Display of Beats/Time/Samples is now an optimized smearing number renderer (with glow).

Song Menu remembers all song / audio / folder icon positions, and watches the current directory for changes in case a file is dropped from iTunes File Sharing, WiFi server or Drag&Drop.

Localization for Japanese added.

And MORE...

5.0.1 Bugfixes:

Fixed song menu subicons for delete(X), zip, and rename box on 3x devices.

Removed Bluetooth Low Energy, all bluetooth must now use A2DP due to poor sound quality.

Set 'showsCloudItems' to NO in Music browser, music must be downloaded using the Music app before import.

Fixed touch offset when dragging items and hovering over the Back button in song menu for devices with safety margins.

Fixed placement of Input selector and AU/IAA effects panel and resized accordingly when rotating device.

Fixed dynamic bubble placement for knob helpers.

Fixed listbox content staying open when resized, content must close when resizing.

Finally... Japanese Localization on an iPhone DAW.
    Works on IOS 9? My iPad 1 needs a cool DAW.

NOTE: IAP's to unlock 8 and 16 tracks.
    $10 to start.
    +$6 8 tracks
    or +10 or 16 tracks
    MAX 24 tracks total.

Discuss.

OT: There's a YouTube video where Jacob Collier mentions sitting down with Apple's Logic Pro team and asks for Quintuplet, Septuplit divisions in the sequencer and they say "It's too hard." He mentions some number not be factors of 192 which must be hard-coded in their grid. Still, they could get us to the closest integer with a little rounding error, right? Did you ever wonder what was so magical about 192? It's divisible by 3 for triplets.

So, what's the smallest number divisible by 1-7? How about 1-11? 1-13? 1-17? 1-19? Woudn't some rounding be
    OK?

Discuss.

• @flo26 said:
    Sorry,here it is.

Beautiful!!!

@flo26 said:
    Thanks a lot guys.

Not a bad idea - Guess I have to listen to the original first :#

• This is one of my favorite arrangements of this tune

Skip to 44:11 to hear All Along the Watchtower

• For years I thought Jimi Hendrix wrote this tune.

• @McD said:
    For years I thought Jimi Hendrix wrote this tune.

You poor, misguided soul...

• McDMcD
    edited June 2019

@Daveypoo said:

@McD said:
    For years I thought Jimi Hendrix wrote this tune.

You poor, misguided soul...

I was happier when I thought Hendrix wrote it.

It was like finding out Santa Claus wasn't as short as my dad when I learned the ugly truth.

Santa Clause is like 9 feet tall folks. He scares children when they catch him checking out the Liquor cabinet.

I can never remember the name of the guy who actually wrote this gem... probably a one hit wonder of little note.

• @McD Seriously - you're killing me over here...

• @Daveypoo said:
    @McD Seriously - you're killing me over here...

If I'm successful, tell your wife I'd like to buy that bass with the Drop to C lever, etc.
    Teach her to use the PM system before you forget. Was it the Santa shit? You didn't know either?

I Google "Awl a long the watch, Tower" and it doesn't know who wrote the original folk song.
    Shakespeare probably wrote the lyrics and some French guy added the modern melody.

Never mind I found it: Robert Allen Zimmerman - probably a Brill Building hack like Carole King who
    stole credit and all the money for Aretha Franklin's "Natural Woman". Aretha also wrote "Bridge Over Troubled
    Walters" and Paul Simon just changed the lyric from Walters to Waters which makes no sense.
    The Walters in trouble were Cronkite and Winchell. Trouble with some loan sharks and they had to hide underneath the
    Brooklyn Bridge in 1959. Meanwhile Sonny Rollins was practicing on top of the bridge which was the basis for
    "Tenor By the Dock of the Bay" written by Otis Elevator but credited to Otis Redding. No one who ever wrote
    a song in the 50-60's was actually the writer.

But you knew all this already as a student of pop culture but there are many here that really don't care.

(Ms Poo? Time to sell that bass?... Too soon?).

• @rs2000 said:

@flo26 said:
    Sorry,here it is.

Beautiful!!!

@flo26 said:
    Thanks a lot guys.

Not a bad idea - Guess I have to listen to the original first :#

Thanks a lot!
    Flo

• @Daveypoo said:

Nice cover art for "The Lost Sessions" or maybe "The Dead Sea Recordings".
    The 10th Album that has been killed by @LinearLineman's recording company.

Russia, if you're listening, please find the "Lost Sessions". You will be rewarded bigly.

Stop. The comb-over of music by the bean-counters.