Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Swiftly To The Light / Album #5, Contemporary Music

edited June 2019 in Creations

I call this “Contemporary “ music. Why? cause it is contemplative and temporary (and for lack of a better genre. @McD ?). The usual cast of app suspects. Photo by @chandroji. Design by @rs2000.

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/swiftly-to-the-light

Comments

• Almost heading out for a walk so I'll weigh in on the genre later today.

@chandroji photos and @rs2000 graphic designs for these Album covers are so good!
    (I need to ask questions about their tools, too).

• Indeed, @McD. Both excellent at what they do! Gratitude!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Indeed, @McD. Both excellent at what they do! Gratitude!

I think your ability to connect with people and collaborate is one of your better qualities as an artist.

• @McD said:
    Almost heading out for a walk so I'll weigh in on the genre later today.

@chandroji photos and @rs2000 graphic designs for these Album covers are so good!
    (I need to ask questions about their tools, too).

Thank you! 🤗

• @LinearLineman said:
    (What would you call this) genre. @McD?

OK. I'd call it something new with a respect for tradition:

Organic Ivory Ensembles music

While listening I got and idea for a way to add drums to the music you make.
    On Album #4 there's track where you sent the keyboard MIDI to a drum app.
    Every note caused a percussive patch. There's an idea there that could be scripted:

Notes within defined ranges would be sent to specific drum set samples (C3-C5) ride cymbal.
    C0-C2 for a gentle kick drum.
    C#2-B2 brush snare.

That drummer would match your style of playing note for note. It might work and some extra options might be
    to randomly drop some notes to have the playing less frantic and spot on.

Making a drum app that flows with improviser rather than making an improviser play to a click or fixed drum track.
    I think this might work for a lot of the music you create and not be so hard for you to integrate into your process.
    It would work best for "Organic Ivory Ensembles", Jazz, Bebop, etc.

This MIDI drummer would listen to you like no drummer every could. The question is would it sound like good drumming?
    I'm guessing it might but making the script needs time and some talent. I'll ping my favorite scripture for his interest in
    making something like this for us.

• @McD, I have used drums playing a midi track several times. I have also used basses and violins to play midi drum tracks. It sounds like you have a great idea. Certainly one I would take advantage of.