Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio2 @ patchstorage.com

edited June 2019 in General App Discussion

I'm encouraging you to upload all your Obsidian patches or Slate banks to PATCHSTORAGE.COM now !

Here my first entry, few patches created from multisamples of Behringer Neutron :)
https://patchstorage.com/neutronium-obsidian-patches/

Comments

• Too cool. Thanks a ton @dendy πŸ‘ŠπŸΌβ„’οΈ

• Bout to smash thanks!!

• Wow thanks so much!πŸŽΌπŸŽ§πŸ‘πŸΌ

• Quick question; just drop this zip in the NS2 folder or instrument folder?

• edited June 2019

@Tones4Christ most easy way is to download file directly on ipad in Safari, when download ends it asks you where open that file (standard apple document picker)... choose "Copy to Nanostudio"

that's all - nanostudio automatically unpacks zip file and places files inside that zip file into correspondimg directories where they belong (like obsidian user patches, or slate banks)

for example in that pack which i uploaded on patchstorage is 5 obsian patches.. after you do import like i described above, you should see them in Obsidian patch browser in "User" section (between factory and iap ;)

• Wow, I've just seen that Obsidian patches are XML files so there's a good chance to write a conversion utility that translates OBS <> SFZ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
    If I remember correctly, we have some coders here o:)

• Sweet! Thanks @dendy !πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜ŒπŸ€“

@dendy said:
    @Tones4Christ most easy way is to download file directly on ipad in Safari, when download ends it asks you where open that file (standard apple document picker)... choose "Copy to Nanostudio"

that's all - nanostudio automatically unpacks zip file and places files inside that zip file into correspondimg directories where they belong (like obsidian user patches, or slate banks)

for example in that pack which i uploaded on patchstorage is 5 obsian patches.. after you do import like i described above, you should see them in Obsidian patch browser in "User" section (between factory and iap ;)

• McDMcD
    edited June 2019

I hope this is the first of many Forum uploads for NS2.

• edited June 2019

Just made nice soft FM pad in Obsidian, decided to share it, hope somebody will get inspired ;)

small demo, just 4 obsidian instances playing this pach

and here patch download
    https://patchstorage.com/aftermath-2/

• @dendy said:
    Just made nice soft FM pad in Obsidian, decided to share it, hope somebody will get inspired ;)

and here patch download

Dude. You got me to open NanoStudio 2 and find the keyboard and hear the Obsidian Synth playing your
    FM pad.

Cool. I still have no clue but that was fun. I'll get around to watching those videos.

• edited June 2019

Done! I uploaded 2 sets of kits, one for slate and a set of patches for obsidian.

Nice work @dendy

• edited June 2019

@dendy said:

and here patch download

That sounds awesome! :heart:

• thanks, i'm glad you like it ;)

• edited August 2019

added neuro bass rhythmic patch for obsidian to collection, enjoy ;)

https://patchstorage.com/rhythm-evil/

• edited November 2019

interesting set of kits made from samples created in "Stomper" long time ago, at beginning of this millennium :-)

Very useful mixture of lofi/electro/oldschool drum samples !

https://patchstorage.com/stomper-drum-kits/

• Nice. Thanks for sharing. πŸ‘ŠπŸΌβ„’οΈ

• Made small tribute to 303 .. don't expect really close match, it's more like just tribute, obviously Obsidian is very different synth with very different oscillators / filter model, so you cannot go too much close .. anyway, i'll be glad if somebody will use this in own music :)

Zip package on patchstorage contains patch + project file with melody from soundcloud example.

https://patchstorage.com/teebee/

• And this is how it sounds when multiple instances of Obsidian with my 303 patches are playing together with some classic 909 beat ... True acid strom, and no real 303 clone involved, just allmighty Obsidian :)

• @dendy said:
    And this is how it sounds when multiple instances of Obsidian with my 303 patches are playing together with some classic 909 beat ... True acid strom, and no real 303 clone involved, just allmighty Obsidian :)

Hi Obsidian lovers,

I just uploaded a new set of 5 patches based on sampled Prophet 6 waveforms.
    Tell me how you like it!

https://patchstorage.com/5-analog-synth-presets-not-unlike-prophet-p6/

• ...now with audio demo:

• @rs2000 said:
    ...now with audio demo:

Thanks! I'm going to install this ASAP. You and @dendy are saving me money with these
    gifts of new sounds. NS2 on my phone no less with these samples loaded? Awesome.
    I want to drive them with some free Mosaic apps. PatchStorage to the rescue.

• @McD said:

@rs2000 said:
    ...now with audio demo:

Thanks! I'm going to install this ASAP. You and @dendy are saving me money with these
    gifts of new sounds. NS2 on my phone no less with these samples loaded? Awesome.

I'd love to hear your magic scripts playing these sounds! :smiley:

• @rs2000 said:

@McD said:

@rs2000 said:
    ...now with audio demo:

I did get to hear your patches and they are excellent quality patches.

I just tried it and the script I loaded (not sure which version) made NanoStudio crash a lot
    while I auditioned various patches for 2 Obsidian instances being fed MIDI by my script.

So, I have some debugging to do to insure I stop killing synths with a flakey MIDI stream
    to be able to record a demo.

While it ran it did sound great so I'm encouraged about the possibilities of digging deeper into mastering NS2.

What's the easiest way to record an NS Project since it has no audio tracks? Use AudioBus into an audio capable DAW?

• edited November 2019

@McD said:

@rs2000 said:

@McD said:

@rs2000 said:
    ...now with audio demo:

I did get to hear your patches and they are excellent quality patches.

I just tried it and the script I loaded (not sure which version) made NanoStudio crash a lot
    while I auditioned various patches for 2 Obsidian instances being fed MIDI by my script.

So, I have some debugging to do to insure I stop killing synths with a flakey MIDI stream
    to be able to record a demo.

While it ran it did sound great so I'm encouraged about the possibilities of digging deeper into mastering NS2.

What's the easiest way to record an NS Project since it has no audio tracks? Use AudioBus into an audio capable DAW?

Easy. Just use the mixdown function.
    I'm using compressed mp4 audio, sounds good enough and soundcloud upload is quick.
    After the mixdown is finished, tap "View file", tap the three dots on the upper bar and select "Export". Choose AudioShare and upload to Soundcloud.
    Make sure that in your arrangement, you have set the loop range (on the timeline ruler) to the area you want to export.

• @rs2000... I went the AudioBus to AUM route and made a demo of your NS2 patches
    driven by my Mozaic script:

• @McD said:
    @rs2000... I went the AudioBus to AUM route and made a demo of your NS2 patches
    driven by my Mozaic script:

Ha, wow, that's definitely the craziest synth sound demo I've ever heard!
    I believe you could make the lamest synth sounds come alive using those notas de la sorpresa :D

Thank you very much for posting :+1:

• @rs2000 :+1: :+1: :+1: :heart:

Not just good patches, but i REALLY like that sampled material, it instantly triggers inspiration for creating more patches from that samples :) Will share it when i create something interesting ...

• @dendy said:
    @rs2000 :+1: :+1: :+1: :heart:

Not just good patches, but i REALLY like that sampled material, it instantly triggers inspiration for creating more patches from that samples :) Will share it when i create something interesting ...

Love to hear that 😘
    Have fun creating!