Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Mixdown frustrations using Binaural Location in Cubasis 2.8 (iPad Pro 2018 11in) [Solved]
I have an 11 track tune that I needed to submit to an online project (10 track midi (3 Ravenscroft, 7 built-in Cubasis instruments, 1 track audio Digital D1).
96 bars 3:08 track
Mixdown between locators to WAV hardly any progress after 3 minutes and almost zero CPU activity.
After cancelling out of mixdown it shot up to 100% CPU and stayed there so I exited Cubasis and re-opened.
Chose Compatibilty mode for mixdown because of failure and the Digital D1 track and a Micrologue Arpeggiator track were no longer in time (they played back too fast). Mixdown time about 33 secs.
Choosing Realtime mixdown because the mixdown was inaccurate, mixdown time was about 3 minutes, as expected for real time. No noticeable CPU activity during mixdown but fluctuating CPU around 50% following end of mixdown without any action by me. On playback of mix, again Digital D1 and Micrologue ARP tracks are not playing in time and a bismark bs16i midi track was distorted and garbled.!
Tried to freeze the Digital D1 track no visible progress after 3 minutes.
Changing the setting to Realtime freeze again actually appears much faster than the standard freeze! But after appearing to complete (in about 4 minutes) it hung for another 3 minutes or so and produced a 262 bar (8:44) track! CPU stuck at 100% and unable to playback the project!
So, closed Cubasis again and re-opened - playback now OK again with no significant CPU but still unable to do a full mixdown.
In desperation I deleted the Digital D1 track and re-recorded it with a Microsonic Analog Bass, which also would not freeze with the standard settings and when Compatibility Freeze was selected, a 238 bar track was produced with the audio way out of time.
So I tried with RealTime freeze option and this time it took a very long time (over 8 minutes) and produced a 264.5 bar (8:44) track - with audio out of time again!
Tried to freeze 2 bs16i midi tracks but ordinary freeze did not appear to start so tried the compatibility setting and once again it hung for a couple of minutes after appearing to finish and produced a 238 bar track with the frozen audio way out of time with the original midi and project!
At this point I gave up and connected my iPad to my PC via 3.5 jack dongle to 2 1/4 in jacks into Audacity via my M-Audio interface and record the Cubasis playback to get a wav file!
So disappointing! Making music on my iPad used to be a lot of fun but more and more it is extremely frustrating!