Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Capsules for Zoom Fieldrecorder - Any recommendations?

edited June 2019 in Other

Because I was watching for a small mobile solution to record just a stereo line-in I bought a Zoom F1 Fieldrecorder... 😊

The F1 is compatible with all the 5 microphone capsules Zoom offers for the H6.
So which of them you would recommend and why? What are your experiences with the different capsules? Which one would be a must have?

There are two different X/Y and Shotgun Capsules and one M/S Microphone. What are the main differences between the two X/Y and the two Shotguns? What makes the M/S so special?

XYH-5 X/Y
XYH-6 X/Y

MSH-6

SGH-6 Shotgun
SSH-6 Shotgun

Would love to record ambient soundscapes, birds, animals and nature sounds.
I think the M/S and one of the Shotguns can be interesting?

Thanks a lot for your advices! 😊

Comments

• Congrats!
    I would stay away from the M/S module for recording ambience. To my ears it far too noisy.
    I have a H5 - The XYH-5 X/Y sounds really nice. It’s on the brighter side sonically. Can also handle very high SPL.
    I mostly use the XYH-6 X/Y though....bigger diaphragm, a bit lower self noise, a bit more sensitivity, and finally the ability to switch between 90° and 120° patterns.
    Can’t speak on the shotguns....haven’t used them.

Good luck and have fun!